Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   Scion xD: "The Fit is No" (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/37866-scion-xd-fit-no.html)

TaffetaWhite 01-29-2009 08:43 PM

Scion xD: "The Fit is No"

Seen the ad yet online?

The top part says:

Accessorize without voiding your warranty*.
The Scion xD
---

Below the orange car it says:

Rollover here for important information.
---

So I did, and this is the footnote:

*Scion dealers installed accessory will not void warranty. Show vehicle only; not street legal; modified with non-genuine Scion parts which may void the warranty and adversely impact performance/safety.
----------

Their automatic gets worse mileage than my base. Their 49 state xD pollutes twice as much as the base fit. They're featuring a car that isn't street legal to promote buying their car when a person cannot go into a dealership and buy the car shown.

That just seems tacky, bogus, fraudulent, whatever you want to call it. And to dis the FIT while doing it?

How do you feel about the ad? Or what about the auto ads in general that have disclaimers and footnotes including "professional driver; closed course; do not attempt" kinds of things?

Frankly, I don't want to see a car doing things that I won't be doing, that are illegal, that require a helmet and extensive professional driving experience.

The FIT won me over with it's reliability, it's appearance, it's gas mileage, it's low pollution, and those wonderful magic seats.

Scion appears to want to win people over by bad mouthing the FIT and promoting street illegal vehicles???

I think I'll send them a letter. Because that kind of thing really chaps my hide.

trancedsailor 01-29-2009 08:59 PM

I was going to buy an xD before the Fit. Then I realized my blood is Honda red.

I'm sorry Toyota but you suck. Bring back the Supra and the MR2 and then we'll talk.

keepitpg 01-29-2009 09:02 PM

i think they're just mad because all the people they thought were going to buy a scion, are now buying a honda fit.. because its better than an xb

pixiedixie862 01-29-2009 09:11 PM

hahaha this thread is funny

trancedsailor 01-29-2009 09:23 PM

Yeah it is. It's like Toyota realized it was getting beat, so it resorted to childish name-calling lol. Leave Honda alone. They are just better than you, Toyota. Face facts.

TaffetaWhite 01-29-2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by trancedsailor (Post 561597)
I was going to buy an xD before the Fit. Then I realized my blood is Honda red.

I'm sorry Toyota but you suck. Bring back the Supra and the MR2 and then we'll talk.

I liked the xA. It was very similar in appearance to the Fit. There were a couple people in the parking garage, one had a black xA and another had a black Fit. Right next to each other.

I walked around the cars several times (way before buying) and I could have gone either way. I like the look of both. They were (i think) 2007 year models.

And I would have gone for the xB too, in all it's boxy glory. It also made sense for me. I like all the visibility. I like driving higher up, I don't want my bum on the floor boards anymore, nor do I want to have a hydraulic lift drivers seat necessary when my back really hurts.

When they changed both models, they completely lost me as a customer. They look much more cramped with less window space. They have the bigger rear pillars that will make a blind spot, just like I had in the old Cabriolet. They look like fake hooligan chopped top hot rod kinds of cars, if that makes sense. Fake because the top isn't chopped, they aren't hot rods. They just aren't going to appeal to the same customers. Even with the car being in the top slot for Consumer Reports, I won't buy it. I do not like the look.

Toyota has plenty of behemoth vehicles, why not a little two-seater again? One with all the options that cover everything from hybrid economy to pocket rocket supercharged? That would fill the space for the sports car, and the small commuter hybrid that they are missing. Yaris is good, but it's not a sports car and it's not hybrid.

trancedsailor 01-29-2009 09:31 PM

Toyota died. They're strictly for the over 30 crowd. Even older xBs I see most of them driven by old dudes. I do like the older xB and xA, but every single new scion/toyota is shit compared to the competition.

TaffetaWhite 01-29-2009 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by keepitpg (Post 561600)
i think they're just mad because all the people they thought were going to buy a scion, are now buying a honda fit.. because its better than an xb

Yeah! That's right!

And they're doing it so responsibly, you know, by misleading people.

TaffetaWhite 01-29-2009 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by trancedsailor (Post 561621)
Toyota died. They're strictly for the over 30 crowd. Even older xBs I see most of them driven by old dudes. I do like the older xB and xA, but every single new scion/toyota is shit compared to the competition.

HEY!!! Watch it with the "old" and "over 30" in the same paragraph!!!

The body gets worn out long before the mind does. As long as I don't look too closely in the mirror or move around too much, I think I'm still young.

Bonus, my eyesight is going a bit, so even looking closely in the mirror doesn't reveal the true horror.

concorde 01-29-2009 10:13 PM

I also liked the xA back in the day, but was still over-priced in my opinion. So I bought the '08 GD instead.

Isn't the xA slightly smaller than the GD? Never seen them side-by-side.

keepitpg 01-29-2009 10:29 PM

the only car that had worth to me from scion was the tc.. do they even make that anymore? lol that was there only chance at a sports car

JDMxGE8 01-29-2009 10:31 PM

**** a Scion.

TaffetaWhite 01-29-2009 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by concorde (Post 561663)
I also liked the xA back in the day, but was still over-priced in my opinion. So I bought the '08 GD instead.

Isn't the xA slightly smaller than the GD? Never seen them side-by-side.

About 3 inches.

Specs for 2006 Scion xA:
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2006/scion/xa/100570405/specs.htm

And 2007 Honda Fit:
2007 Honda Fit specs, auto safety at Edmunds

Fit totally kicks hind end. And I did compare the pollution at Fuel Economy.gov and Fit was so much less polluting for the 49 states. Why doesn't Toyota make their cars outside of California to be less polluting too? They have the technology. It's not like every other state WANTS pollution. And it's not like there is a wall between states that stops pollution from affecting everyone outside a state. Duh.

I realize looking at the two cars above, they don't really look the same. But with both cars being in black in the parking garage, the grilles blended much more. Tint on the windows, and the windows disappear.

TaffetaWhite 01-29-2009 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by keepitpg (Post 561673)
the only car that had worth to me from scion was the tc.. do they even make that anymore? lol that was there only chance at a sports car

I guess they still do...
http://blogs.edmunds.com/strategies/Reliability.jpg

Click on that image to enlarge it. I love how the Range Rover and the Sebring Convertible are SO BAD they couldn't make the graph big enough to show just HOW bad they were.

Shaggs2Dope 01-30-2009 02:10 AM

well, after the fit has been outselling in japan last few years, and they finally bring it here, toyota never had a chance

Kittengolf 01-30-2009 02:47 AM

It boils down to this, Honda never had to sell out to make marketing Subcompacts viable in the US. Toyota had to kill the Supra, the Celica, and the MR-2 (and the hideous, but functional MR-S) to fund Scion. Why slaughter a namesake to create a sub-brand that caters to young hipsters with bad taste? Furthermore,when I was in the market for a sporty coupe, the Scion TC underperformed everything in its class, and that was three years ago. At the time the EP body Civic SI was the best buy for the price.

kylerwho 01-30-2009 02:54 AM

well i guess scion didnt count on mugen stepping up to the plate to add performance parts that doesnt "void the fit warrenty." take that scion and trd!!!!!

there is spoon, mugen, and j's who are dedicated to only tuning honda. how many companies are dedicated to toyota besides their inhouse trd?

xxgotfit?xx 01-30-2009 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kittengolf (Post 561923)
It boils down to this, Honda never had to sell out to make marketing Subcompacts viable in the US. Toyota had to kill the Supra, the Celica, and the MR-2 (and the hideous, but functional MR-S) to fund Scion. Why slaughter a namesake to create a sub-brand that caters to young hipsters with bad taste? Furthermore,when I was in the market for a sporty coupe, the Scion TC underperformed everything in its class, and that was three years ago. At the time the EP body Civic SI was the best buy for the price.

Man do I miss the celica, i've always wanted one but im too broke. And to me every freakin' toyota looks like a camry! take a look at the corolla, matrix, and the new Murano wannabe (forgot the name), their front ends look identical imo.

Kittengolf 01-30-2009 03:28 AM

I don't think I ever saw an ugly Celica, but I really like the old All-tracs and the GT-four's that we never got stateside. I would watch them crush every scion on the planet if they brought back the Celica GT-four and brought it to the US.

jeimusu86 01-30-2009 03:52 AM

the tc is nice imo, but they have arse drivers...they try to take on just about every subcompact that's below their class, ive seen this tc that tried to go up against a stock nissan sentra...i was just embarassed for the guy, i was thinkin is this guy serious!?! i guess they need to have some retribution for getting their a**es handed to by civic si's sentra-r's and just about every vehicle within its class