Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Keep CR or go with some thing cheaper??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Keep CR or go with some thing cheaper??

Hey some of u know i got rid of the fit and got a CR. I am back and forth on geting rid of it to be able to save more money. Its a fun car but im starting to realize its just a car to get me from point A to Point B in as comfterable and cheap as possible. The CR payment is $600 a month i got it for 35k. Now i know i would take a huge hit on geting rid of it. But right now i can get $25k for it. That would mean i would still owe $10k now if i buy a good used car for around 10-12k that would make the car really costing me 20-22k. which would be 15-13k cheaper and around $260-$300 cheaper car payment for me. i have found the following cars with good millage for that range.
RSX-60,000 for $11k
04 Civic SI hatch-64,000 for $8k
And a bunch of corrolas and civics for around $10-12k with less than 50,000miles on them
I could get a used fit if one comes up to for the right price which there is a coulple on here. So i really would like ur guys and gals help on this what do u think? Am i crazy i think that trading the CR in for one of these cars would be smart and cost me alot less and with Honda and Acura the car should last me a long time even with those miles.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Damn, that's a big hit to take. I traded in an 02 GTI (purchased used in 05') and took a 6 grand hit after three years of ownership. It hurt, but the GTI was at 70,000 miles and hadn't been touched service wise. So I figured that not spending money on brakes, timing belt (notoriously expensive on the mk4 gti), synthetic oil changes and premium gas was enough of a savings to make the change to the 09 Fit. But yeah, in your case I would weight the pros and cons in detail. That's a big hit to take but you "gotta do what you gotta do". Good luck.

If you can live without the luxury of an S2000 you probably will thank yourself in the long run to drive something cheaper. I know I'm still happy with my decision. I literally spend half at the pump and half on my oil changes.
Yay :)

Last edited by Scaldy; 03-30-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
to be honest, i would never pay $600/month loan on one single
car, that's for sure. i would at least save up for a nice down
payment and work out a more economical solution...or just pay
the damn thing cash from the getgo.

so i think (just my opinion) you were pretty 'crazy' (your words)
to make such purchase in the first place. anything cheaper
and more economical sounds like your best solution. :)

Old 03-31-2009, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
shoulda never got rid of the fit

Old 03-31-2009, 05:24 PM
don't make him feel like shit, Sol.

If mine was paid off, would you trade me flat-out? 10k mi. Just wondering/dreaming lol

Sell it and get the EP3. It's basically a Fit but faster lol

Old 03-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wow, sol took a direct shot into the heart. lol

Old 03-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
Sad to say but you're stuck. you will never gonna be happy with those cars that you listed on there to replace your CR even with your reasoning that it can take you from point A to B well, so as the CR. Now stick with them until you break even on the loan against the value of the CR then that's the time you can trade but for how long I don't know. You are already in that predicament no way out unless you're willing to pay $10K extra for a car that's not yours anymore I know it hurts your pocket but at least it'll put a smile in your face driving them 90MPH LOL....

Old 03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
ITT: real talk

Old 03-31-2009, 06:07 PM
FALCON PUNCH!!
5 Year Member
Jesus Christ, I've been on forums for over 8 years now and I have NEVER seen someone as indecisive as you. You must have been a woman in a previous life...

Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm as bad. I owe $14,000 on my Fit, and look at what I've done to it already lol also it took me 2 months to decide to leave the military. Can't be a good sign when you hesitate that much. I wonder if there's a medicinal cure

Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
to be honest, i would never pay $600/month loan on one single
car, that's for sure. i would at least save up for a nice down
payment and work out a more economical solution...or just pay
the damn thing cash from the getgo.

so i think (just my opinion) you were pretty 'crazy' (your words)
to make such purchase in the first place. anything cheaper
and more economical sounds like your best solution. :)
Thanks for the advise i to think that i was crazy i mean i can afford it but dam thats more money i could save. Also i had $7k cash that i could have put down just decided that it was better not to put anything down on it

Old 03-31-2009, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
ITs cool

Originally Posted by solbrothers
shoulda never got rid of the fit
Hey man thanks i mean ur right and i like that straight and forward. I got board with the fit and had a weak moment when i saw the CR.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Yea i am bad i need to see a doctor lol. Its only with cars to i get so board and want something new. But with my past cars Cobra and Evo i just put more mods on them when this happend and was happy with the car for a while. But with the fit i bought the mods put them on and was still board with it. So i got the CR now im back and forth is my crazy car thing worth it or should i put more away for later on in life for say something like retirement. But thanks for reading my rants guys im back and forth all the time every one here thats road in the CR says im crazy to get rid of it they all love it.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
Wait i just realized its not just cars its with woman to i get so board after about a month or Two with them. Hmm im glad i don't trade my cars in as much as i do woman

Old 03-31-2009, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Hey man thanks i mean ur right and i like that straight and forward. I got board with the fit and had a weak moment when i saw the CR.
i know how that is. i buy stuff on ebay all the time... and when i finally get it, im onto the next hobby/project hahaa

Old 03-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Sell it/trade it in for a used S2000. You should be able to find one for around 15k or maybe less (a little out of what you are looking for). That'll still put you paying a couple hundred cheaper a month on the payment, while still driving basically the same car. Don't sacrifice the car you love, just downgrade to a slightly older, slightly higher mileage version that looks and performs basically the same.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm good idea

Originally Posted by Sa211050
Sell it/trade it in for a used S2000. You should be able to find one for around 15k or maybe less (a little out of what you are looking for). That'll still put you paying a couple hundred cheaper a month on the payment, while still driving basically the same car. Don't sacrifice the car you love, just downgrade to a slightly older, slightly higher mileage version that looks and performs basically the same.
Thanks for the idea i will look into it

Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all the advise that is what i am looking for is other options and advise on people thats done what i am looking into. Its always good to get some one elses point of view. Oh and i reped all of u for it

Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
You should be on Twitter with this silliness! It would look something like this:
March28th: Bought a Honda Fit I love it! no mods though its my DD
March29th: Bought wheels, tires, coil-overs, fogs, body-kit, new stereo today love it1
March 30th: Traded in Fit for Lamborghini LP560/4 just needed something faster
March31st: Lamborghini doesn't get such hot gas mileage
April1st: Traded in Lamborghini for twenty-seven Chevy Aveos + cash Love it!
April2nd: Chevy Aveo isn't chick magnet that the Lamborghini was
April3rd: Traded in all twenty seven Aveos for a used Honda Fit that used to be mine, LOVE IT!!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again now, Get some help son......

Old 03-31-2009, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Man u just made my day with that i still don't know what twitter is though

Quick Reply: Keep CR or go with some thing cheaper??