Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

My Nissan Cube

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Hey hey hey guys,
at least its better than that Focus.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:29 AM
cute, love to grab one

Old 07-16-2009, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
the cube is cute. congrats on your purchase.

but i dont think i'd own one.

i certainly would not take it over a ge though my opinion.

(though i am suprised to see so many gd guys that would take this over a ge....i guess handling means less to you folks than orginally thought...)

that vip cube is vomit-worthy though.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FLFIT239
i just dont think i could leave honda for a nissan idk
I did for 8 months and regretted every moment. But now, we're back in a Honda!

Old 07-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Looks like one of those padded "special" safety helmets.

I like Nissan as a company, but I don't care for this car all that much.

Better than the Kia Soul. That car looks horrible from any angle, IMO.

Way to go on choosing a Nissan.

-P

Old 07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
(though i am suprised to see so many gd guys that would take this over a ge....i guess handling means less to you folks than orginally thought...)
I just hate how the GE looks. Since I'm not racing around the streets of Detroit I would sacrifice handling for looks.

Last edited by TurboManGT; 07-16-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Yeah I'm a Cube fan too!!! I would buy that over the GE myself. Congrats!!

Is it a CVT or the 6 speed MT??
Sorry for the response delay...

It's a six speed. One of the last 6spd white w/ black interior in California. I guess Nissan figured everyone wants CVT. I hate it though, my dad's Altima has it and it takes the fun out of driving, IMH

We're getting about 27MPG and there's only about 600 miles on it. Not to mention the wife's got a heavy foot, so 27 is pretty good.

As for the haters... we expected as much. It's one of those cars where you come across people that have strong feelings one way or the other. Much like when the Fit was new to the US we get people that want to look at it and then tell us we're crazy for buying it and that it's the worst Nissan they've ever seen. But then we get the people that love it.

Cute seems to be the adjective mostly used.

Last edited by Flyin172s; 07-17-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
I just hate how the GE looks. Since I'm not racing around the streets of Detroit I would sacrifice handling for looks.

racing has nothing to do with enjoying a good handling vehicle.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Handling

The Cube handles well.. it's no Honda Fit, which I understand is your point, but it's better than I expected. But, we were more concerned with a smooth ride over tight cornering this time. Otherwise we would have splurged and gotten the a GTI (My wife is a VDub lover)

Old 07-17-2009, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
I love the Cube.

Here's some inspiration for ya if you decide to mod it a little

[/quote]

these are the first gen cubes. i saw these when i was living in japan and i thought they looked pretty cool. i got so excited when i heard that nissan was going to sell the cube in the states but then they redesigned it. it looks similar but the changes have drastically made the usdm cube ugly.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
That's one of the reasons I chose the Fit over the Cube, because of the USDM translation and the trims (If you wanted a 6 SPD manual you had to make some sacrifice). I also prefer a better handling car and of course the reliability of Honda. That's why I chose the Fit. If Ford had brought the Fiesta over faster then I would have encountered some problems with my decision.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Flyin172s
The Cube handles well.. it's no Honda Fit, which I understand is your point, but it's better than I expected. But, we were more concerned with a smooth ride over tight cornering this time. Otherwise we would have splurged and gotten the a GTI (My wife is a VDub lover)

i based my judgement on the last full test of the cube i read on edmunds. the versa is no handler, and the cube is just a taller version of it. (but its wider so i'm sure it helps.) granted for a box its ok, its just when compared to the fit...well, i wont be afraid of going up any mountain roads with a cube behind me. :)

just fyi, i dunno if you guys drove the ge8 (cause you disliked its looks so much) but its significantly smoother than the gd.

the gti? better handling and smoother still. your wife has great taste :)

Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
the look of the cube is a little too radical for me... but i look forward to actually seeing one on the road. i'll half expect to see fred flintstone or barney rubble behind the wheel.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Flyin172s
Sorry for the response delay...

It's a six speed. One of the last 6spd white w/ black interior in California. I guess Nissan figured everyone wants CVT. I hate it though, my dad's Altima has it and it takes the fun out of driving, IMH
I agree completely. I would not want a CVT either

Very true but my point is I want looks > handling especially with a DD. I don't mean to come off as hating the GE but the looks do not appeal to me. I'm sure the GE rides, handles, runs etc. etc. just fine. But I don't buy cars that I don't like the looks of. Thats just how I car shop :)

Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bariki
That's one of the reasons I chose the Fit over the Cube, because of the USDM translation and the trims (If you wanted a 6 SPD manual you had to make some sacrifice). I also prefer a better handling car and of course the reliability of Honda. That's why I chose the Fit. If Ford had brought the Fiesta over faster then I would have encountered some problems with my decision.
Ain't that the truth. You can only get the Base or S in 6spd. The SL and Krom come with CVT standard. Topped off with the fact that most Nissan dealers only got one or 2 manuals to begin with, the selection was minimal. We got lucky and found two Cubes we liked at Mossy Nissan. One was the base the other S, but with the Ginormous package (MSRP around 18,000). We decided to go with the base and just mod the H*LL out of it.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Thats how it was for me to find a MT Fit sport. There were 2 in michigan and they were nowhere near me haha

Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 PM
If I were buying a car now, I would get a Cube over a Fit (GD or GE), just because I love a low and slow boxy cruiser. When I got my fit I wanted a first gen xB but there weren't any around and I hated the 2nd gen, so I went with a Fit. I prolly won't trade in the fit, but the way you described those seats makes it sound pretty damn tempting (Fit seats aren't very comfortable IMO). I'll have to remember to test drive one.