Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Nissan's Leaf, looks a bit like a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Nissan's Leaf, looks a bit like a Fit

Nissan Motor Co took the wraps off its much-awaited electric car on Sunday, naming the hatchback "Leaf" and taking a step toward its goal of leading the industry in the zero-emissions field.

Nissan unveils zero-emission hatchback Leaf | Green Business | Reuters

Old 08-02-2009, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
i dont think it looks like a fit at all:::( maybe a ge but not a gd

Old 08-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!

Looks like a Fit ****ed a Prius.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
profile reminds me more of the amc pacer.

anyone under 30 will, of course, have no idea what i'm talking about.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Looks more like a versa with a Prius while a Yaris watched.

I don't see any of the Fit in this car, other than it's a hatchback.

Maybe the headlights.

-P

Old 08-03-2009, 12:28 PM
And here we go with the corny "green" vehicle names now. First we have the Leaf which will soon be followed by the Nissan green SUV the Branch. And be on the lookout for the Toyota Oak and the Mazda Root.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AintNoStoppinMeNow
And here we go with the corny "green" vehicle names now. First we have the Leaf which will soon be followed by the Nissan green SUV the Branch. And be on the lookout for the Toyota Oak and the Mazda Root.
hahahahahahahahaaaaaaa, that's funny!

Old 08-03-2009, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nxtfit_08
i dont think it looks like a fit at all:::( maybe a ge but not a gd
Compare with your sig:

Old 08-03-2009, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trick
Looks more like a versa with a Prius while a Yaris watched.

I don't see any of the Fit in this car, other than it's a hatchback.

Maybe the headlights.

-P
The upswept back window. The somewhat bulging hood and headlights. The long, sharply-raked windshield.

But I also see blobby VW New Beetle there, with it's back end and roller coaster fenders.

I think they made the original mock-up out of butter, decided the car was too wide, and just cut off the sides.

I DO like the light/white interior. I sure wish that had been available for my car.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:15 PM
LMAO at the Yaris watching comment.

To me, it looks like a hint of GE8 in the front with a Prius. Side is a bit Versa-esque. Can't put my finger on the rear tho.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
I was looking at more pictures of it and it actually looks pretty cool for an electric car. Looks like a 350Z with a veilside kit had sex with a versa. LOL

Old 08-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
I was looking at more pictures of it and it actually looks pretty cool for an electric car. Looks like a 350Z with a veilside kit had sex with a versa. LOL

Hmm,... I don't see it!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Curve of the hood is VWish, and that curve is also on the GD incorporating the upper grille

Back end is kind of odd:

Looks like a metro train is emerging from the rear:

Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
It's ugly as hell.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
I was looking at more pictures of it and it actually looks pretty cool for an electric car.
It's a contender. It has possibilities. It overcomes many electric car challenges. It has a good range (about 100 miles) and a good top speed (about 75 mph).

The problems that remain are long charging times and the battery (they're expensive, and they are damaging to the environment).

The additional problem of no charging station or personal garage space with electrical access for city dwellers. Especially apartment folks in big cities who have to street park.

I'd like to see more combination vehicles. The roof is the solar charger that charges (or helps to charge) the electric portion of a hybrid that runs on biofuel. The Smart car "hybrid" turns off instead of idling for a period.

I realize that these vehicles would have limited applications, making the most sense in usually sunny locations to fully charge up via sun.

Or using that compressed air engine to supplement one of the other engines.

Sort of like the food products. You can buy meat. Or you can buy that fake vegan meat that really tastes nothing like meat. You can have this OR that. Ice cream OR yogurt OR soy cream.

If you're looking to cut back on animal fats, it's always a this OR that prospect.

Why not a mix? Why not half and half?

Hybrids are good, and if you run out of gas, you might be able to limp along on the electric motor a bit. But not for long, as the current hybrids are HUGE.

Run out of electricity in an electric car, you're out of luck for however long it takes to recharge the car. And that's not a good prospect.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd

Hmm,... I don't see it!
LOL! The front end of the Leaf kinda looks like it. You just happened to show the wrong end of the Z. haha. The reason it reminds me of the 350Z with the veilside kit is just the headlights have that Z-ish shape, and the grille in the front bumper has that veilside "pouty/fish lips" look. LOL =]

Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
It's a contender. It has possibilities. It overcomes many electric car challenges. It has a good range (about 100 miles) and a good top speed (about 75 mph).

The problems that remain are long charging times and the battery (they're expensive, and they are damaging to the environment).

The additional problem of no charging station or personal garage space with electrical access for city dwellers. Especially apartment folks in big cities who have to street park.

I'd like to see more combination vehicles. The roof is the solar charger that charges (or helps to charge) the electric portion of a hybrid that runs on biofuel. The Smart car "hybrid" turns off instead of idling for a period.

I realize that these vehicles would have limited applications, making the most sense in usually sunny locations to fully charge up via sun.

Or using that compressed air engine to supplement one of the other engines.

Sort of like the food products. You can buy meat. Or you can buy that fake vegan meat that really tastes nothing like meat. You can have this OR that. Ice cream OR yogurt OR soy cream.

If you're looking to cut back on animal fats, it's always a this OR that prospect.

Why not a mix? Why not half and half?

Hybrids are good, and if you run out of gas, you might be able to limp along on the electric motor a bit. But not for long, as the current hybrids are HUGE.

Run out of electricity in an electric car, you're out of luck for however long it takes to recharge the car. And that's not a good prospect.
good point! i still think hybrids will outlive the "electric car" market. Hybrids just seem more convenient. I mean lets say you come home hammered, or tired one night and forget to charge the vehicle. Next day you wake up to go to work, than uh oh! haha

Old 08-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
LOL! The front end of the Leaf kinda looks like it. You just happened to show the wrong end of the Z. haha. The reason it reminds me of the 350Z with the veilside kit is just the headlights have that Z-ish shape, and the grille in the front bumper has that veilside "pouty/fish lips" look. LOL =]
Well I guess I can kind of see where you're coming from,..

BTW, those look like Work Equips on that Z. WOOO! Sexy.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by AintNoStoppinMeNow
LOL...that' good.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
The front end looks like a fish dredged up from the deepest depths of the ocean. Hate these stupid small cars with freakishly stretched out angry "faces."

Quick Reply: Nissan's Leaf, looks a bit like a Fit