Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Car & Driver Article on Fit; Downsizing from SUVs

Old 05-11-2006, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Car & Driver Article on Fit; Downsizing from SUVs

Honda e-mail contained link to Car & Driver article, probably the best out there on the Fit. Also -- the Fit, Yaris and Versa being cool enough to get SUV owners to downsize.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...Name=Fit&Num=0

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech...5/15cars_2.htm

Old 05-29-2006, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
Well I'm coming from a mildly lifted Toyota Tundra V8 with 33" tires...
Fuel economy and the sporty drive were two of the most important things I was looking for in a car when I test drove the Fit...I just wishmine would come in already...this waiting is killing me!

Old 05-29-2006, 03:23 AM
Master FitFreaker
mini van ftw yo hahaha

Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
I traded in my 2004 Ford Explorer XLT (14 MPG) for my new Honda Fit. I wanted another fuel efficient vehicle (my other vehicle is a 98 Civic).

What's the difference? A far more lively, fuel-efficient car to drive. Also, the fact that I am saving over $150 per month in fuel driving the Fit (at $3.00/gallon) is a nice bonus; that's $1800 less I am spending per year on gas!!!!

Honestly - the car dealership got a raw deal... I don't think they'll be able to sell the Explorer... but perhaps they will.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone! I'm a regular lurker and poster on Tundra Solutions, great bunch over there. The more I drive my 06 Tundra the better I like it.....BUT, 3.05 per gallon for gas has got me spooked.Been getting 16-18 MPG with the Tundra which is about what I expected when I bought it.We tow our boat a few times a year, two times to Canada, 450 miles each way.Mommy has an 04 Pilot that we're sure will tow the boat, just with not as much "extra" as the Tundra has.Probably will miss the truck but we may have to unload it, already spoke to our sales guy at Falkner Honda in Harrisburg PA. and he's ready to sell us a Fit so I guess it's up to me now!Anyway, just thought I'd give you my story ...... comments and questions welcome, Mike.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm just wondering... can't you rent something big when you want to tow your boat? Why does everyone own an SUV for some things they do a few times a year? Or maybe I just don't get the SUV mentality. Even when gas prices are low I simply never saw the point. Plus, with a Honda Fit you can park in ANY spot! Very convenient in some parking lots.

T

Old 05-18-2007, 03:01 PM
You will not be sorry.....

Originally Posted by cmb1 View Post
The more I drive my 06 Tundra the better I like it.....BUT, 3.05 per gallon for gas has got me spooked.
Hi Mike!

I think you are a fairly typical buyer in that you are considering trading in a much bigger, heavier and gas hungry vehicle. My last car was a 1998 Toyota Camry that was a cool car but long in tooth (180,000) miles. If I drove an SUV today I would definately consider downsizing. I have a Chevy S-10 PU (Crew) that we use (family of 4) for recreation. But my daily driver is my Fit and I really look forward to reasons to drive it :)

If you need another good reason to get the Fit Mike, consider the difference in emissions released into the atmosphere. My hubby has a Civic and he is just so proud of himself cuz it is an ULEV (ULTRA low emissions vehicle) versus my Fit being a LEV :p I always feel good about driving my car and doing my part.

You will love the agility of the Fit and the spunk. There are alot of perks driving a car like this. 33MPG in the city is definately one of them ;)

Let us know if you come over from the dark side (heeheehee)

~Peace

Old 05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by Colomom View Post
Hi Mike!

I think you are a fairly typical buyer in that you are considering trading in a much bigger, heavier and gas hungry vehicle. My last car was a 1998 Toyota Camry that was a cool car but long in tooth (180,000) miles. If I drove an SUV today I would definately consider downsizing. I have a Chevy S-10 PU (Crew) that we use (family of 4) for recreation. But my daily driver is my Fit and I really look forward to reasons to drive it :)

If you need another good reason to get the Fit Mike, consider the difference in emissions released into the atmosphere. My hubby has a Civic and he is just so proud of himself cuz it is an ULEV (ULTRA low emissions vehicle) versus my Fit being a LEV :p I always feel good about driving my car and doing my part.

You will love the agility of the Fit and the spunk. There are alot of perks driving a car like this. 33MPG in the city is definately one of them ;)

Let us know if you come over from the dark side (heeheehee)

~Peace
I wish i could get 33 mpg in the city. I get about 24 right now.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
I used to drive a 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 and got 17 MPG. Now I usualy get 34 to 35 MPG on a regular basis. Lowest mileage was with snow tires during the winter. I was routinely getting about 28 MPG even then. Best highway mileage was 47 MPG in August 2006.

Chris

Old 05-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks for thr great replies all, ashimakase asks why would anyone NEED an SUV. Wife had a Civic for six years and had to trudge up our 230' driveway everytime it got slick,the last time she fell after leaving the car at the bottom did it for me.We have three Grandchildren and use the third row seats often,Pilot is one of the most crashworthy of it's kind on the road and will get better than 20 MPG most of the time.We have towed our boat with it and it did the job.And in spite of what our media tells us our SUV hasn't attacked us or anyone else......yet! Wife and I work at the same defence plant,after Sept.11,01 ALL the "it's all about me the roads are too bad" excuses became the rarity and not the norm.There are places left where everyone does the same, needs the same, lives the same....I forget, whats that way of life called again? Mike

Old 05-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I got rid of my 93 Jeep Cherokee for the Fit 9 days ago. Doubled my fuel milage, lot more fun to drive and way more comfy. I still have my f250 crew cab but at 14mpg on a good day, it sites a lot. But must have to pull my RV. Gas here went to 3.47.9 yesterday lots of suv's and big trucks sitting around.

dasher