Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Suzuki Wagon R Stingray

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Suzuki Wagon R Stingray

I like this van. This van also has good fuel economy. I wish suzuki will bring that car in USA. Its been out in other countries for a couple of years now.

As of today, Suzuki has a new Wagon R on the market in Japan. It's joined by a new Wagon R Stingray variant (above) as well, and the duo will set about filling the shoes of their bestselling predecessors. The new Wagon Rs don't lose their signature boxiness, but they wear all-new sheetmetal and sit on a longer wheelbase. The standard Wagon R gets a friendly face with large, tall headlamps, while the sportier-themed Wagon R Stingray gets a chrome grille strip that runs between its thinner, horizontal lamps.

The rest follows the standard kei-car formula. Darker, more masculine colors characterize the Stingray, while the Wagon R clearly includes women in its target audience, sporting a color palette loaded with the lighter solids and pastels. Normally-aspirated and turbocharged 660cc engines are offered, mated to either 4- or 5-speed automatics or a CVT, depending on trim level. The turbocharged Stingray with CVT even gets paddle shifters to give drivers complete control over the 64 ponies corraled underhood. A snazzier, dark interior with some nifty lighting is also available in the Stingray.

Suzuki hopes to sell 18,000 new Wagon Rs every month, and if the previous generation showed us anything, we can expect to see a variety of spinoff models over time.

Last edited by Black01; 01-30-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:52 AM
More pictures. I'm sorry for the big size pictures.

Older Wagon R

Last edited by Black01; 01-30-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Added another picture.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
They wouldn't really sell in the US, how many people would buy a 660cc with 64hp in turbo form and with about 56hp in NA form. Too much small cock syndrome running around that many wouldn't want to be known to have so little hp. Though I do agree it would be nice to see kei cars sold in the US, the fuel economy is not all that much better than the Fit though, but in big cities these would be a plus. So many kei cars are sold in Japan, because the tax breaks one sees is incredible compared to regular cars even under 2.0 liter engines. Have more than 2 liters and the savings are that much more, plus you don't have to have a designated parking space as well. Which is kind of crap because they still take up the same parking spot whether or not it is a kei car.

Surprised they are not offering a manual tranny though. CVT and paddle shifters for the lazy are taking over. :P Don't anyone get all uptight about the lazy part, I just am going to hate when cars are no longer offered with a manual tranny.

That white one you posted is a 1 liter variation and was a WagonR wide. It didn't have the same tax breaks, you can see it carries a normal white license plate whereas kei cars have yellow plates.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
The Wagon R kicks ass, the US has no cool cars just big ugly boats!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
if i lived in japan i would definitely get one of those kei wagons... and ofcourse a GTR for the weekend. :p

Old 08-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Just a GSX-R liter swap away from heaven on earth. And the sequential gearbox from the gixxer too, because no one should drive a CVT.