Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

DATfit's other car (subaru lol)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
DATfit's other car (subaru lol)

Since the fit is a DD... and other family member likes driving it. I have this other car for my "whatever" times...

This is my subaru ... it's 2006 wrx TR. Got it new and built it up. I was she saw some track times over the few years. And can't wait to get back on the track... as soon as I replace my suspension (which NEEDS replacing).

Anyways... bare with me haha.

Name:  blackongold-1.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  37.4 KB
Name:  carparked.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  45.9 KB
Name:  tanabedf210installed-1.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  47.9 KB

EDO took a picture when they installed Tanabe DF210s springs... which I replaced later on with coilovers.

Before I forget here's what she has...

VF39 Turbo
FMIC
Prodrive EBSC
K&N SRI
ERZ bellmouth catless DP
Injen TI exhaust (which I can't let go for some reason... I see NO ONE running this exhaust)
Walbro Fuel Pump
1 step colder spark plugs

Kartboy shifter bushing
OEM short shifter
52mm prosport boost gauge
megan C pillar bar
Sti replica F&R strut tower bars
NRG H-brace
Megan Track Coilovers (which needs to go now!!)

Tuned by HBspeed -- OpenSource
306awhp/344torque (I'll post dyno graph when I find it...)

Uhh... I think i forgot something on the list. But on top of my head this is what I can think of. Anyways off to pictures.

Name:  FMICinstall.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  24.1 KB
Name:  FILE0057.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  72.0 KB
Name:  wrx1-1.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  40.4 KB

Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 PM

Believe it or not... but I am currently on my 12th set of wheels. This is where my aggressive wheel started. Oh and I get this all the time... YES wider wheels feels more better for me. Especially on turns. Feels more planted and more grip (well depending on your settings)

Old 03-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Since I havent gone tracking lately... I been playing around with the car with look wise.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I decided to ditch the aggressive for a while... And ran "hellafunctional" wheels. Also raised up the car for track settings. Which I was planning to run... and end up being cancelled!!

I dont know what I was thinking but I traded these (plus cash of course) with stock BBS sti wheels.

Which lasted for 3 days.. and i decided, THEY GOTTA GO!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:58 PM
And now my current set up right now... is this...

Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM
i love college
wow. thats a pretty sick car. i couldnt handle going though that many sets of wheels lol

Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Liking the car. What a wheel whore, lol. What suspension are you going with now?

Old 03-12-2010, 02:23 PM
I was actually going for KW vs tein mono vs Cusco vs HKS....

And I decided to go HKS hipermax III sport ... it was actually between the kw and hks. Dont get me wrong the KW v3 was a great choice... but it's not for me. I did my hw on that one haha

Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Balllerrrr!!! Subaru Love!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
More to come... kind a busy with new puppy right now. That little booger needs 24/7 attention ahahah... Also planning to attend speed venture trial. evo vs sti ... hopefully I can get my coils asap. Just going to do it for fun... I has love for both manufacture!!!

ehh... either way I can't wait. I also need to get better track tires... and planning to purchase swaybars in the future.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Balllerrrr!!! Subaru Love!
You won't believe me... but I started with crappy wheels. I moved up and up and up by trading. I barely spent any money on these wheels. I like to spend my time looking around forums for some good deals. It's like playing stock market...I sell and buy... or trade. Either way if I sell I use that to buy... Or if I trade it's either straight or + cash.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
The Subie looks great! :] 12 sets of wheels!? T_T

Originally Posted by DatFIT
You won't believe me... but I started with crappy wheels. I moved up and up and up by trading. I barely spent any money on these wheels. I like to spend my time looking around forums for some good deals. It's like playing stock market...I sell and buy... or trade. Either way if I sell I use that to buy... Or if I trade it's either straight or + cash.
My brother does this on his spare time! He dished out like $300 dollars at first and just kept selling and trading, and he now has 2 sets of wheels sitting at home and more cash in his pocket than he started with -_-

I'm not lucky enough to find deals though LOL x]

Old 03-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Just curious, what deterred you from the KW? Don't get me wrong, I like the HKS Hipermax as well but I've heard nothing but great reviews about the KW v3's and I loooovvveee driving on them. When both our cars are ready again, we should hit the track together. :)

Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ms. Sheila :]
The Subie looks great! :] 12 sets of wheels!? T_T

My brother does this on his spare time! He dished out like $300 dollars at first and just kept selling and trading, and he now has 2 sets of wheels sitting at home and more cash in his pocket than he started with -_-

I'm not lucky enough to find deals though LOL x]
I have 18x8 rota tarmac IIIs sitting at home which I got for 100$

Name:  2c101874.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  97.1 KB

They have small bent on one of the wheel and curb rash on two wheels as you can see... but I got the bent fixed for 45$ ...

Planning to slap these on my gf's legacy GT.

Too bad they're not fit fitment...

Old 03-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by zer0dds
Just curious, what deterred you from the KW? Don't get me wrong, I like the HKS Hipermax as well but I've heard nothing but great reviews about the KW v3's and I loooovvveee driving on them. When
both our cars are ready again, we should hit the track together. :)
You sir are not wrong... I agree. GREAT GREAT reviews on them. My brother in law has them on his C300 and they are nice. But i read that the stock spring rate that comes with them are not enough and I might want to upgrade to better spring rates (according to subaru forums) They do not give the car much ride height. As in they do not drop that low. I see people wishing it lowers a bit more. BUt hey i'm not blaming KW they're aiming for the greatest street/track use coilovers. I was soo close to get v3s too... but good thing I researched more on the stuff I am looking for. Cause are you can see I like to flush my wheels for street/car meet use... and raise them up for track/autoX use.

What's wrong with you're car? For sure man.. I'd love to go track with someone!

Old 03-12-2010, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
$100!??! T___T

I'm definitely not that lucky LOL x]

Old 03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by DatFIT
You sir are not wrong... I agree. GREAT GREAT reviews on them. My brother in law has them on his C300 and they are nice. But i read that the stock spring rate that comes with them are not enough and I might want to upgrade to better spring rates (according to subaru forums) They do not give the car much ride height. As in they do not drop that low. I see people wishing it lowers a bit more. BUt hey i'm not blaming KW they're aiming for the greatest street/track use coilovers. I was soo close to get v3s too... but good thing I researched more on the stuff I am looking for. Cause are you can see I like to flush my wheels for street/car meet use... and raise them up for track/autoX use.

What's wrong with you're car? For sure man.. I'd love to go track with someone!
Ahhh, gotcha. I understand. Yea, KW is pretty strict about handing out their spring rate information too and from what I know they won't do custom spring rates. :( Props on actually doing the research and knowing what you want. That's rare these days, haha. People usually just jump on the bandwagon.

Nothing's technically wrong with the car. My coilovers are off getting revalved with new spring rates so I'm only on shocks/springs at the moment. My tires are shot and I'm waiting for my new ones to get here and I want to install my cams and do some ECU tweaking before the next track day. Bunch of little misc. stuff here and there I just wanna clean up, heh.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:38 PM
nice nice... let's get to it!! where in socal are you

Old 03-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator

Looks best in this state IMO. The brightness of the gold makes the whole car pop. Love it.
I also love the way the front emblem looks blacked out. Actually looks better than the emblem being there. Hahh

Old 03-12-2010, 06:36 PM
My front emblem was stolen... Although I did ended up replacing them with Carbon Fiber emblem. It's the same emblem... but the inside (background is CF) which is nice cause it's black with subaru stars.

Quick Reply: DATfit's other car (subaru lol)