Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   outlander gt (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/55132-outlander-gt.html)

kennef 04-26-2010 08:01 PM

outlander gt

first time i have driven an suv and didn't hate doing so.

YouTube - Mitsubishi Outlander GT 2010
YouTube - Outlander GT Off-Road Fun in Palm Springs, CA
First Drive: 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT is a CUV we can live with — Autoblog

anyone on the forum have one of these?

Type 100 04-27-2010 02:31 AM

Technically it's a Lancer in SUV drag. That would explain why you don't hate it. Their dashboards are pretty much identical.

My dad drives a CY4A Lancer and it's not a bad car at all, just a little heavy and with obvious cheap plastics/poor finishing.

kennef 04-27-2010 02:57 PM

i was just heavily surprised that the outlander could do some legitimate softroading. seems like the outlander and the forester are the only two in the segment that can actually handle something more challenging than rain. at least according to a friend that absolutely can't stand the way his CRV's part time awd engages in a reactive manner. haven't heard much about the rav4's off pavement capability.

on road, the outlander was a big surprise. i thought the forester handled pretty well until i got a test drive in the outlander. forester xt's motor was clearly superior to the GT's v-6, and would definitely outgun it with basic mods and beyond. but i have a feeling that the awd in the outlander is just seriously superior.

kennef 04-27-2010 03:15 PM

i lol'd at the slalom speed.

IL Track Tested: 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT

BMW X6 M: 68.6
2010 Outlander GT: 66.2
Mercedes C Class: 65.8 - (car)
RDX: 65.7
Cayenne Turbo X: 65.2
MB ML63 AMG 64.4
BMW X3: 64.4
07 Outlander XLS: 63.9
BMW X5 M 63.5
MDX: 62.6
LR2: 62
Audi Q5: 61.9
RAV4 LTD: 61.6
MB GLK: 61.3
Forester 2.5XT: 60.3
Murano LE: 59.2
MB ML350: 57.5
Lincoln MKX: 57.3

Type 100 04-27-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by kennef (Post 847352)
i was just heavily surprised that the outlander could do some legitimate softroading. seems like the outlander and the forester are the only two in the segment that can actually handle something more challenging than rain. at least according to a friend that absolutely can't stand the way his CRV's part time awd engages in a reactive manner. haven't heard much about the rav4's off pavement capability.

on road, the outlander was a big surprise. i thought the forester handled pretty well until i got a test drive in the outlander. forester xt's motor was clearly superior to the GT's v-6, and would definitely outgun it with basic mods and beyond. but i have a feeling that the awd in the outlander is just seriously superior.

Regarding the RAV4:
I'm not sure if it's been ditched by now, but we had a first-generation 1996 three-door model and it had a center diff lock switch supposedly good for low-speed crawling up to 15 km/h (practically walking pace).

I think the current one still has it. FYI :)