Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Few of my past cars..(pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Few of my past cars..(pic heavy)

Just wanted to throw up a few of my past cars, as an introduction of sorts. I was going through some old pics, and figured i would post them here.

I just bought an 09 sport, so i will be trying to soak up some fit knowledge around here..

First up- 2002 WRX. This is the car that started my modding addiction. I bought it brand new, back in 01 when they first came out here in the US. I still miss the hell out of this car :( It is crazy to think back all those years, i think i was like 19 when i built this car.

This car at the time was VERY VERY unique. Too many mods to list, but had a full JDM V7 Sti Ra Spec C swap(motor, 6spd, brembo's, seats,etc), fp green, stoptech's upfront, Volk LE-37's, etc. More or less there wasn't a stock part on the car.

Name:  IMG_6852-1.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  103.0 KB
Name:  iwNTQ1MTMxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE-1.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  P7040043.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  95.9 KB
Name:  P6270044.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  dave.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  P5140042.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  120.5 KB
Name:  8500RPMpuss.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  114.8 KB

EVO 8(gt30r, Volk Ce28n + tons of other mods)- This car was a blast on the streets. Made around 425whp on 91. Just a fun car.
Name:  iwNjU0NDUxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE-1.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  87.6 KB
Name:  iwNjU0NDU1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  83.4 KB
Name:  evosmall.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  55.5 KB
Name:  small32-1.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  37.2 KB

Swapped 99 2.5rs. This car was extremely fun as well. It had a full JDM V7 wrx swap, and just about every sti bit imaginable.
Name:  iwODUyNTMwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  84.5 KB
Name:  iwODUyNTM2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  100.4 KB
Name:  iwODUyNTM0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  80.7 KB
Name:  iwODUyNTQzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  60.8 KB
Name:  iwODUyNTI3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  63.1 KB
Name:  iwODUyNTI4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  73.4 KB
Name:  iwODYxMzQzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  96.8 KB

04 WRX(built 2.35L, gt35r, 6spd,ETC,ETC) This car made around 550whp.

Name:  NewCar002-1.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  103.8 KB

Last edited by Spec C; 05-22-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Man you had some really nice cars dude. Why did you sell them when the build was complete. I don't think I could have let that 02 wrx out of my sight when it was finished. I had a 07 wrx, and I still miss that car. The only thing I didn't like about the wrx is that it seemed to be a bit uncomfortable. The power was very nice

Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by HondaFreak05
Man you had some really nice cars dude. Why did you sell them when the build was complete. I don't think I could have let that 02 wrx out of my sight when it was finished. I had a 07 wrx, and I still miss that car. The only thing I didn't like about the wrx is that it seemed to be a bit uncomfortable. The power was very nice
Thanks man.

Honestly, i would still have that car today, if it wasn't for an unfortunate incident. The car was taken for joyride, by some piece of shit, and totaled. It was literally one of the worst days of my life.

I loved that car. I put so much blood, sweat, and tears into it, that it was priceless to me. When i saw it like this, it was literally heartbreaking. It was literally FLAWLESS before that. I kept it so immaculate, it was like a new car, inside and out, at all times.

:(
Name:  car3.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  83.5 KB

Name:  cadr2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  87.5 KB

Last edited by Spec C; 05-22-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Very nice collection. So what made you jump ship to Honda? And why start at the bottom of the food chain? I mean I love my Fit dearly but you are going to go through some very bad HP withdrawl syptoms driving an 09 after all those monsters. Or were you tired of buying 15 gallons of premium every other day? LOL

Old 05-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Very nice collection. So what made you jump ship to Honda? And why start at the bottom of the food chain? I mean I love my Fit dearly but you are going to go through some very bad HP withdrawl syptoms driving an 09 after all those monsters. Or were you tired of buying 15 gallons of premium every other day? LOL
Thanks..

Well i still have an 08 WRX, for a little fun..lol

I kind of took a break from modding for a while. I just needed a break, in addition to having to grow up and buy a house..lol

I got the fit just to drive around, and reap the benefits of good gas mileage.

I have to stop looking at k20's, now..lol

Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spec C
Thanks..

Well i still have an 08 WRX, for a little fun..lol

I kind of took a break from modding for a while. I just needed a break, in addition to having to grow up and buy a house..lol

I got the fit just to drive around, and reap the benefits of good gas mileage.

I have to stop looking at k20's, now..lol
After you get ur house, please swap a k20 in your fit :)

I know you will! You're tempted already....don't lie... >;)

So umm...what happened to the a-hole that wrecked ur car? Paid you back? Beat him up? Something?!?

Old 05-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
After you get ur house, please swap a k20 in your fit :)

I know you will! You're tempted already...don't lie... >;)

So umm...what happened to the a-hole that wrecked ur car? Paid you back? Beat him up? Something?!?
Thanks for looking.

I am not sure what happened to him honestly. My insurance co basically gave me a little over what the car was worth, despite my 35k in receipts for aftermarket parts. Basically a year went by and with some advice I had gotten from another insurance agent I finally got my money back. Then my insurance went after the guy.

Believe me he was lucky the state police were there when he showed up to his shop as they had to keep me off his ass.

To make matters worse this happened a week before my wedding. My wife was actually at her bridal shower 2hrs away and had to leave.lol

Oh and I bought a house a long time ago, but when that happened my budget for frivolous spending got cut down.lol. I am sure my addiction will get the better of me though..lol. I can already see exactly what I would do to it.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Well as long as you got the upper hand lol.
"Then my insurance went after the guy" I guess you can't tell insurance company secrets ;)

Hey, when you start modding, pics pics pics! Can't wait to see what you got in hiding

Old 05-24-2010, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
Nice previous rides. Anxious to see what you're going to do for your dd.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Dude thanks for sharing!! Each car is beautiful

Old 05-24-2010, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member
Very Nice collection bro...

Old 05-24-2010, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Dayyyum.. What exactly happened to the yellow wrx if I may ask. Looked like it got nailed from the side by a tree or something. Living in Michigan Ive seen a couple of my friends go through sti's and wrxs rallying in the woods. And man I remeber seeing a nice new sti wrapped around a tree. The only tree for 50 feet each way.. I remember when I was 16, got my moms outback on 2 wheels around a corner. That ended my wannabe rally sessions. Shortly after I crashed it anyway while taking flexeril and booze... go figure

Old 05-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Beautiful cars! I'm especially partial to the RS - gorgeous!

I was hoping that you were going to say that the asshat that stole the GD got ejected through that hole in the windshield... That would have been sweet justice!

Thanks for sharing - I still miss both my Subie's every day.

Last edited by nothing; 05-25-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Typo...
Old 05-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by blackfity
Nice previous rides. Anxious to see what you're going to do for your dd.
Thanks.. Honestly, right now, i think i am just going to do a mild stero-system(something i never really cared about in my faster cars..lol) and lower it. We will see where that leads. lol
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Dude thanks for sharing!! Each car is beautiful
Thank you for looking!
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
Very Nice collection bro...
Thanks..
Originally Posted by mdbrich
Dayyyum.. What exactly happened to the yellow wrx if I may ask. Looked like it got nailed from the side by a tree or something. Living in Michigan Ive seen a couple of my friends go through sti's and wrxs rallying in the woods. And man I remeber seeing a nice new sti wrapped around a tree. The only tree for 50 feet each way.. I remember when I was 16, got my moms outback on 2 wheels around a corner. That ended my wannabe rally sessions. Shortly after I crashed it anyway while taking flexeril and booze... go figure
Well, he took the car out for a joyride, and from what i can tell by going to the scene of the crime, was doing a HARD pull, coming over a little crest. The car probably got loose/a little air, and he over corrected right into a telephone pole. I guess he had a few passengers with him. One was hospitalized, and the rest all fled the scene.

I guess he didn't realize how fast the car was. He was supposed to be doing some minor work, getting it ready for the track the following weekend, and decided to steal it. It was making close to 425whp at the time.

I was actually at the track with my friend and his EVO that day, and when we went to get my car, there was a helicopter over the shop, and state police swarmed me.. They asked me "why did you run", i had no clue wtf they were talking about.

After showing them lunch receipts, proving i was in NJ all day, they asked me what i was doing there. I told them i was picking up my car. They said "is it a yellow subaru?" Yes, why? You better sit down son.. Then the worst news ever..

I asked the 15 officers to please shoot me..lol I was so bummed out, and in total shock. That car was my baby, and i put so much time, and energy into it, it wasn't even funny.

The dudes shop was attached to his house, and a few min later that piece of shit walked up, and i about fucking killed him, but he was arrested on the spot.

It was a really shitty day, to say the least.
Originally Posted by nothing
Beautiful cars! I'm especially partial to the RS - gorgeous!

I was hoping that you were going to say that the asshat that stole the GD got ejected through that hole in the windshield... That would have been sweet justice!

Thanks for sharing - I still miss both my Subie's every day.
Yea, he was fine. One of his friends was pretty messed up.

The RS was a really cool car.

I have had quite a few subies myself.

02 swapped wrx
01 swapped Rs
04 built motor wrx
05 legacy GT(modded)
08 wrx

Last edited by Spec C; 05-25-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
your collection is what i want mine to be when i grow up, lol. your cars are beyond words for any subie fan. my fiancé owns a bug-eye wrx (bone stock) with close to 200k on the odo. boxer engines are the easiest and most reliable engines i've ever had the opportunity to work on: regular fluid changes, a timing belt, fresh set of spark plugs, and an intake manifold gasket is all it has ever needed. it seriously runs quieter than my Fit lol.

one day i'll have my gc8 project off the ground... i gotta find a gc chassis impreza first, lol

Old 05-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
your collection is what i want mine to be when i grow up, lol. your cars are beyond words for any subie fan. my fiancé owns a bug-eye wrx (bone stock) with close to 200k on the odo. boxer engines are the easiest and most reliable engines i've ever had the opportunity to work on: regular fluid changes, a timing belt, fresh set of spark plugs, and an intake manifold gasket is all it has ever needed. it seriously runs quieter than my Fit lol.

one day i'll have my gc8 project off the ground... i gotta find a gc chassis impreza first, lol
Thanks allot man, it is much appreciated.

Yea, CLEAN GC's are getting harder to find. Mine was super clean, it had 40k original miles. The guy had the swap all in the car, but couldn't get it running, because the wiring was a challange(at the time, there was very few gc swaps, not like today) It had ALL those STI parts(i added the exhaust), i mean even STI Rays lugnuts(almost $300 IIRC) if i told you what i paid for that car you would shit yourself.LOL

Here is one more shot with the 22b hood vents. Also changed to the Rb5 spoiler, but you can't really see it in this pic.
Name:  rs004.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  37.2 KB

Last edited by Spec C; 05-25-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Lots of pretty Steel & HP

Goes to show you what's important and what isn't. I remember the 69 Charger I had, I worked at a bodyshop as the lead tech so I really did her right and 3 months later a drunk hit me head on when I was stopped to turn onto my street. Beat the stuffin's out of me, there is No crush zones in that tank! well anyway it was never quite the same for me & cars. Now it's God, Family and Country
Welcome to FF Forum
& Congrats on the marriage now your truley Blessed :)

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 05-25-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Spec C
Yea, he was fine. One of his friends was pretty messed up.

The RS was a really cool car.

I have had quite a few subies myself.

02 swapped wrx
01 swapped Rs
04 built motor wrx
05 legacy GT(modded)
08 wrx
Lots of Subie love! I'm still trying to convince my wife that she needs to get rid of her Civic for an XT Fozzie now that we're expecting our second kid... :)

I had a '93 Legacy Turbo Wagon, a '05 wrx wagon that literally saved my life* and a '06 wrx wagon. I miss them all the time, except when I pull up (not nearly as often) to the gas pump (87 octane FTW!)

*swerved around a chunck of steel that fell of a flatbed on the highway, went into the centre median, lost it in the gravel, came back across the left lane and under a gas truck, swerved back out from under the gas truck and spun her around ~270 degrees backwards into the centre concrete median - yeah, it was trashed but I didn't even have 1 scratch on me

Last edited by nothing; 05-26-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Goes to show you what's important and what isn't. I remember the 69 Charger I had, I worked at a bodyshop as the lead tech so I really did her right and 3 months later a drunk hit me head on when I was stopped to turn onto my street. Beat the stuffin's out of me, there is No crush zones in that tank! well anyway it was never quite the same for me & cars. Now it's God, Family and Country
Welcome to FF Forum
& Congrats on the marriage now your truley Blessed :)
Thanks. I have been with my now wife, since i was 15(27 now), and i truly do feel blessed.

Originally Posted by nothing
Lots of Subie love! I'm still trying to convince my wife that she needs to get rid of her Civic for an XT Fozzie now that we're expecting our second kid... :)

I had a '93 Legacy Turbo Wagon, a '05 wrx wagon that literally saved my life* and a '06 wrx wagon. I miss them all the time, except when I pull up (not nearly as often) to the gas pump (87 octane FTW!)

*swerved around a chunck of steel that fell of a flatbed on the highway, went into the centre median, lost it in the gravel, came back across the left lane and under a gas truck, swerved back out from under the gas truck and spun her around ~270 degrees backwards into the centre concrete median - yeah, it was trashed but I didn't even have 1 scratch on me
Jeez. Glad you are OK.. They are extremely safe cars.

I actually am selling an 08 Forester XT limited right now for my grandmother. Only 18k miles.. You know you want it..lol

Old 05-26-2010, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
That's quite a collection! Welcome to fitfreak.

Quick Reply: Few of my past cars..(pic heavy)