Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Nissan Juke

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
Ahh..I see it now. Man, I feel stupid. I owned a Nissan...pickup for about a decade and wasn't familiar with that styling que. You'd think I'd of noticed that at some time before.

Oh well? I'd still want to see the whole thing in person. It's really hard to tell how a vehicle translates in pictures vs. real life.
I want to see it in person as well. It's hard to get a good sense of the proportions on the Internet. In pictures, it looks to be sized like the Rogue or even the Mazda CX-7, but the measurements show it to be the size of a Fit, and on a shorter wheelbase than the Versa.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
I want to see it in person as well. It's hard to get a good sense of the proportions on the Internet. In pictures, it looks to be sized like the Rogue or even the Mazda CX-7, but the measurements show it to be the size of a Fit, and on a shorter wheelbase than the Versa.
Considering it's the size of a Fit, that makes me more interested in it. Since I didn't buy the Fit for its geeky looks, I can overlook the Juke's questionable styling too. It is a hot rod compared to the Fit too or 0-60 in 6.5. But that comes @ the cost of MPG......Which happens to be more important than 0-60 to me. I'd also walk away from the Juke too if it didn't have as much storage space too. From the numbers I see, the Fit easily beats the Juke there too.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jensen Healy
Considering it's the size of a Fit, that makes me more interested in it. Since I didn't buy the Fit for its geeky looks, I can overlook the Juke's questionable styling too. It is a hot rod compared to the Fit too or 0-60 in 6.5. But that comes @ the cost of MPG......Which happens to be more important than 0-60 to me. I'd also walk away from the Juke too if it didn't have as much storage space too. From the numbers I see, the Fit easily beats the Juke there too.
Nissan is reporting 27/32 with the CVT, 24/31 with the 6-spd manual, and 25/30 with the AWD CVT.

Official power figures are 188hp @ 5600 RPM, and 177 lb-ft of torque from 2000 all the way up to 5200.

Pricing and Options:

S CVT FWD $18,960 MSRP
S CVT AWD $20,460 MSRP
1.6-liter Direct Injection Gasoline (DIGTM) turbo 4-cylinder engine
Torque vectoring All-Wheel Drive (AWD) or Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)
6-speaker AM/FM/CD audio system with Interface System for iPod®[1]
Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System[2]

SV MT FWD $20,260 MSRP[6]
SV CVT FWD $20,760 MSRP[6]
SV CVT AWD $22,260 MSRP[6]

Includes all S features, plus:
Power sliding glass moonroof
Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition
Integrated Control (I-CON) system with Automatic Temperature Control
XM® Satellite Radio
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Optional Navigation Package including upgraded speakers and 8" Rockford Fosgate® subwoofer and more $800

SL MT FWD $22,550 MSRP[6]
SL CVT FWD $23,050 MSRP[6]
SL CVT AWD $24,550 MSRP[6]

Includes SV features, plus:
Nissan Navigation System with RearView Monitor
Six upgraded speakers plus Rockford Fosgate®-powered 8" subwoofer
USB connection port for iPod® interface and other compatible devices
Leather-appointed seats with heated front seats.

Cargo volume is less - 10.5 cu-ft, 36 with the seats down. No doubt leaving space for the multi-link suspension in place of the cheaper twist-beams in the AWD version required a higher parcel floor.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Does the awd fit has less trunk than the fwd?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
here's a video review.... which pretty much adds to the enigma. i'm strangely fascinated. lol.

YouTube - First Test: 2011 Nissan Juke SV

it looks very kia soul-ish in the vid.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:10 PM
At first glance, hated it. But it is also quickly growing on me too. Biggest concern would be a price that steep for such a small car. Id have to wait until further info came out but I will be checking up on it for sure!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
If they did something with the front end it would make it look that much more attractive. The actual headlights just look very out of place - almost like an add on or something- when the car is coming straight at you. The engine does make it sound like it would be a lot of fun to drive.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
I put a deposit down on one...

Delivery date is on or before 10/15/10 according to my local Nissan Dealer.

$24,100 total for the SV CVT AWD model in "Gun Metallic" with Optional Navigation Package including upgraded speakers and 8" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer.

I love the look of the Juke but the torque vectoring AWD system and 1.6L Direct Injection engine with turbo (188HP/177lb. ft torque AND approx. 30MPG's) had me sold.

My younger brother bought my KraftWerks supercharged 2007 Honda Fit Sport, gonna miss it but at least it stays in the family.

Last edited by Wave; 10-04-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wave
Delivery date is on or before 10/15/10 according to my local Nissan Dealer.

$24,100 total for the SV CVT AWD model in "Gun Metallic" with Optional Navigation Package including upgraded speakers and 8" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer.

I love the look of the Juke but the torque vectoring AWD system and 1.6L Direct Injection engine with turbo (188HP/177lb. ft torque AND approx. 30MPG's) had me sold.

My younger brother bought my KraftWerks supercharged 2007 Honda Fit Sport, gonna miss it but at least it stays in the family.
Very cool! Looking forward to seeing pictures. Acc to the specs, it gas a bit more max front legroom. Once you get it, I'd be curious if it feels like it had more leg-stretching space, and how the seat cushion feels (I.e. A bit longer?).

Bet you're excited!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Modded Juke:

Also, first post :)

Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 PM
ecl
5 Year Member
WOW. nice pic, that looks really awesome!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Old 10-27-2010, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Will_6o4
Modded Juke:

Also, first post :)
Ugg i love those wheel wells. The trim looks great but not sure how it would look on anything not black.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:41 PM
My wife is all bout this car

Old 11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Sa211050
At first glance, hated it. But it is also quickly growing on me too. Biggest concern would be a price that steep for such a small car. Id have to wait until further info came out but I will be checking up on it for sure!
A Boxster is smaller ;-)

I've stopped by the dealership a few times to look at them. I refuse to look while the dealership is open. Bad things might happen, and I do NOT need to trade cars in California.

(They have a state policy of doing you dry when you trade in a car - you pay sales tax on the entire new car price, not the difference between trade and new. And if I can get it paid off before I leave Cali, that's extra insurance against me getting new-car fever.)

Old 11-08-2010, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
One other problem I have with it, after owing a 280Z, Sentra SE-R, Altima, and 2 CRX's + the Fit, I've found Honda's to be more reliable than any Nissan or Datsun as they called the 280Z.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Honda is by far thee best mass producer of n/a 4 cylinder engines period

Old 11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
quite fugly!

Old 11-27-2010, 03:43 AM
I test drove this one. Fisrt at all - it does not look small but it is almost the same size as fit (I parked them side to side).
I tested 6-speed stick shift and Fit's 5-speed shifting is much better and easier to operate.
But Juke is so much fun to drive. I'm not saying that I was disapointed in Fit after the test drive but you can't compare Juke to Fit. More likely competitor would be Mini Cooper S.
Cargo area is nothing. No roof rack (it is a must with no cargo space).
Does not look ugly. IMHO in person it looks better then on pictures.
Not sure about interior body-colored inserts - mine was black exterior and it looked OK.

Price....compare it to Mini Cooper again

Last edited by JustFitMe; 11-27-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by JustFitMe
I test drove this one. Fisrt at all - it does not look small but it is almost the same size as fit (I parked them side to side).
I tested 6-speed stick shift and Fit's 5-speed shifting is much better and easier to operate.
But Juke is so much fun to drive. I'm not saying that I was disapointed in Fit after the test drive but you can't compare Juke to Fit. More likely competitor would be Mini Cooper S.
Cargo area is nothing. No roof rack (it is a must with no cargo space).
Does not look ugly. IMHO in person it looks better then on pictures.
Not sure about interior body-colored inserts - mine was black exterior and it looked OK.

Price....compare it to Mini Cooper again
I'm staying the hell away from the lot... I don't need to test drive one and get any wild ideas. That said:

On the FWD SL (invoice price of 21,376 or 21,849 dep on transmission) you get:

Air conditioning
Tilt steering wheel w/radio controls
Cruise control
Cloth upholstery
Front bucket seats
Height-adjustable driver seat
Split folding rear seat
Power mirrors
Power windows
Power door locks
Remote keyless entry
AM/FM/CD/MP3 player
Digital-media player connection
IPod interface system
Wireless cell phone link
Trip computer
Outside-temperature indicator
Variable-intermittent wipers
215/55R17 tires
Alloy wheels
6-speed manual transmission or continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Automatic climate control
Keyless access and starting
Power sunroof
Satellite radio
Rear privacy glass
Navigation system w/traffic information
Rearview camera
Leather upholstery
Heated front seats
Rockford Fosgate sound system
USB port
Automatic headlights
Appearance and Miscellaneous
Fog lights

That's a really nicely appointed car for still not a whole lot of money. Usually in the US, carmakers won't put much in the way of features into smaller cars; it's good to see what is essentially a B-class hatchback (they can ramble about "sport-cross" all they want, but we know what it is!) with some significant options.

Quick Reply: Nissan Juke