Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

How to avoid tickets

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 03:39 AM
How to avoid tickets

I saw a comment on youtube saying

u dont need that stupid book ---u dont haveto avoid traffic tickets---let them give u a ticket--u dont haveto pay it--take it to court and research how u are a 3rd party interviener and pay the ticket with your signature
Can anyone explain what he means by research how you are a 3rd party intervenire and pay the ticket with your signature. I never got a ticket before (Started driving 6 months ago), So I can't figure it out.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Judged soley on his use of the english language and grammer, I wouldn't accept that persons advice on where to eat lunch let alone how to get out of a ticket. The easiest way to avoid tickets is to drive as close to the speed limit as your individual temperment will allow. If you can't stand to be going any slower than twenty five over the limit all the time get used to getting tickets. My one piece of real advice is this: Never EVER be rude or disrepectful of the cop, even if he is wrong. It isn't a fight you are going to win so don't start.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:55 PM
get a laser detector

Old 04-24-2011, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
The easiest way to avoid tickets is to drive as close to the speed limit as your individual temperment will allow. If you can't stand to be going any slower than twenty five over the limit all the time get used to getting tickets. My one piece of real advice is this: Never EVER be rude or disrepectful of the cop, even if he is wrong. It isn't a fight you are going to win so don't start.

Quoted this for the truth!

Either that or invest in the most up to date Valentine 1 and mount/use it properly!

Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Great advice grtpumpkin. I was suppose to take my Fit to our first car show yesterday but my Mom wasn't feeling well so I stayed home. It looked really nice this morning when I drove to Wal-Mart for the weekly shopping. I got followed by two Sherriff cars and one local police. I am like heck - I never drive more than 5 miles over the limit. I just drive like normal and wait for them to pass me. I could just hear them thinking, Wow, that lady is too old to be driving that car!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:00 PM
"We better pull her over and run the plate" Then fifteen of your neighbors see you sitting on the side of the road with three cop cars behind you and the rumors get to swirlin. "I knew she'd turn into a hooligan if she bought that damned Honda" LOL

Old 04-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
"We better pull her over and run the plate" Then fifteen of your neighbors see you sitting on the side of the road with three cop cars behind you and the rumors get to swirlin. "I knew she'd turn into a hooligan if she bought that damned Honda" LOL

OMG - that made me laugh - you are exactly right!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
Great advice grtpumpkin. I was suppose to take my Fit to our first car show yesterday but my Mom wasn't feeling well so I stayed home. It looked really nice this morning when I drove to Wal-Mart for the weekly shopping. I got followed by two Sherriff cars and one local police. I am like heck - I never drive more than 5 miles over the limit. I just drive like normal and wait for them to pass me. I could just hear them thinking, Wow, that lady is too old to be driving that car!
wait. how old are you that they would think that?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EvoFit
wait. how old are you that they would think that?
Old enough to slap you with a large trout.

Ya know, it's rude to ask a lady her age.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
My son and other people I know have some kind of deal with a law firm that takes care of their tickets for next to nothing... The first person I met that used that kind of deal was a cop... I think it is some kind of Masonic thing.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
If I am correct, Wesley Snipes used this same argument for not paying his taxes. He's eating bologna sandwiches and orange drink for a few years.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Old enough to slap you with a large trout.

Ya know, it's rude to ask a lady her age.
Haha Goobers, you forgot to add another no-no....the "weight." :) tho he did not ask her that anyway..

Old 04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
I did pizza driver my 1st year working there I got pull over 15 time (on and off the clock) and one time out in TX not one ticket. since then I dont get pulled over any more cops ride my ass for a mile or so then go around me, unless they clock me do way over and since then I have yet to get a ticket. All you have to do is be as nice as you can don't give them any crap have all your stuff ready, it works for me. Most cops pull over people and get sh!t for it so then they write out big tickets.

p.s. may not work for everyone but next time just give it a try.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Cops here don't waste their time with small tickets, so if you aren't doing more then 10 kms an hour over they won't bother you. Get to know where they "hang out" with radar guns, and keep your eyes pealed for cruisers when you are over the speed limit . Here they are out more often at the end of the month when they aren't meeting there quotas (which they apparently don't have)

Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Here are my tips for not getting hassled by the police:

Don't drive more than 5 over the posted speed limit.

Don't make aggressive lane changes.

Use your turn signals.

Don't tail the car in front of you.

Keep the noise down. All you guys with the loud exhaust or nice, but loud, audio systems know who you are.

Keep the not street legal stuff off public roads. Remember that many popular mods are illegal for use on public roadways.

Bottom line when it comes to police, if you drive like you want the attention you will get it.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Markz
I saw a comment on youtube saying
Can anyone explain what he means by research how you are a 3rd party intervenire and pay the ticket with your signature. I never got a ticket before (Started driving 6 months ago), So I can't figure it out.
Markz, this is the best advice I can offer you, since you are a new driver ...

New Driver's Guide

Old 04-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Turn that Shit off! LMMFAO! And so true it hurts

Old 04-30-2011, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
No one can take what is just common truths that are very obvious to any thinking person and make them as laughable as Chris Rock does.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CHERK
Keep the not street legal stuff off public roads. Remember that many popular mods are illegal for use on public roadways.
IF the cop really wants to then anything and everything aftermarket can pretty much be considered illegal.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
My son and other people I know have some kind of deal with a law firm that takes care of their tickets for next to nothing... The first person I met that used that kind of deal was a cop... I think it is some kind of Masonic thing.
Ha, in Orange County it's called the 11-99 Foundation. No one with that license plate frame gets a ticket.

Quick Reply: How to avoid tickets