Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Help me ID this car, please?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Help me ID this car, please?

Hi All,

I need your help with a problem:

A few nights ago, a vandal jumped out of a car and took a metal pipe to my car. He smashed up the window and bodywork pretty well. He hit a few other cars in the neighborhood, too.

I have some security footage of him driving off, and I need to ID the type of car so we can find this guy and bring him to justice.

Could you take a look at these videos and tell me if you think it's a Honda Fit? Also, any other details you can come up with would be great.

Surveillance Video (#1) of Car Vandalism in Three Tree Point 12/2/11 - YouTube

Surveillance Video (#2) of Car Vandalism in Three Tree Point 12/2/11 - YouTube

Thanks so much for your help.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
From the vids this is what I am thinking:

2009-2011 Honda Fit Sport
Black or Blackberry Pearl
Aftermarket HID's

Old 12-05-2011, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Their PnP hid kit really kills the first video but in the second one it appears to be a 2011 or newer fit but I'm just going off the fact that it looks like a Vortex Blue Pearl.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Hard to tell what color that is. My first guess was that it's a 2009-2010 Honda Fit Sport in Blackberry Pearl.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe it's just me but at :06 here It looks like it has that vortex blue where the light hits. Picture isn't great so that doesn't help much.

Good luck finding the guys. Who'd you piss off lately? Cause they certainly knew what car they wanted to hit and where it was.

Edit: On a second thought, Did you're alarm go off? Cause that appears to be a Porsche Boxster which would change my mind from vandalism to attempted theft.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah after looking at it some more it could also be a Blue color, Blue Sensation Pearl or Vortex Blue Pearl.

here's what a bsp would look like at night with a higher quality camera.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-thread-6.html

vortex blue pearl
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...rtex-blue.html

Last edited by blassty; 12-05-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:22 PM
damn hard to tell....

Old 12-06-2011, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
If you see the car again you should spray it with something that will be easy to recognize....I'd use an 870 Remington with an extended magazine tube loaded with #4 buck shot.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
It's never excuseable to damage someone else's car, but I have to ask...what did you do to piss this person off? Were you sleeping with his wife? Are you the boss in Office Space? Sell him bad drugs?

This is fairly evidently someone you know with a vendetta.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If you see the car again you should spray it with something that will be easy to recognize....I'd use an 870 Remington with an extended magazine tube loaded with #4 buck shot.
Just a fine example of the "don't fuck with texas faggots!" attitude. Can't say I don't share it sometimes too though :)

Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
Def a Fit 09+, But unless you have a better video/picture or an eyewitness that can positively identify they this scum bag then you're up shit creek without a paddle. The video would not hold up in court as evidence becuz it's to inconclusive..

Old 12-06-2011, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
I could drive to WA to beat the shit out of him for you with a tire iron if you'd like? $500 cash. :D lol jk. But hopefully something is done. Still trying to figure out if it was an attempted theft or pay back.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Just a fine example of the "don't fuck with texas faggots!" attitude. Can't say I don't share it sometimes too though :)
I don't think justice is a geographical thing but if you live in a rural area on the end of a road that the sheriffs department never patrols you have to let people know that you will shoot their ass before calling the law.... I have lived in urban areas where the same policy has had an impact on criminal activity... During hunting season just about everyone with a hunting license has a rifle in their truck.. The rest of the time the poachers are out at night and armed.... If they can't find something to shoot they are around enough looking that they can tell when people are home or not and carry off whatever they want with no witnesses.... Someone bold enough to do that is likely to need to be shot.... There really isn't very much crime in this area because it is a known fact that people that are armed will shoot first and worry about the consequences later.... There is not much telling of how many bad guys are buried in the woods around here..... "The son of a bitch needed killing" is an accepted defense in many a trial where a person is known to being up to no good.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I don't think justice is a geographical thing but if you live in a rural area on the end of a road that the sheriffs department never patrols you have to let people know that you will shoot their ass before calling the law.... I have lived in urban areas where the same policy has had an impact on criminal activity... During hunting season just about everyone with a hunting license has a rifle in their truck.. The rest of the time the poachers are out at night and armed.... If they can't find something to shoot they are around enough looking that they can tell when people are home or not and carry off whatever they want with no witnesses.... Someone bold enough to do that is likely to need to be shot.... There really isn't very much crime in this area because it is a known fact that people that are armed will shoot first and worry about the consequences later.... There is not much telling of how many bad guys are buried in the woods around here..... "The son of a bitch needed killing" is an accepted defense in many a trial where a person is known to being up to no good.
Oh I'm all for shoot first ask questions later. I have a M4 assault rifle behind my headboard and my roommate hast a remmington 12 gauge under his bed. You come in my house, you best get the hell out quick before you get an ass full of lead or 125 lbs of dog on you which ever hits first.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
Yup, looks like a GE Fit and looks like he really knew who's car to hit. Didn't look like theft was the intent. Didn't see any hesitation on what he wanted to do. Good luck!

Old 12-06-2011, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
Well, All I have to say is this criminal betta' stay the hell away from TC and Jamy's neck of the woods!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Agreed with Tex!!! Gotta mark the car with something identifiable. Personally I would use C-4.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks all for your help, lads. The, year, colour codes, and HID upgrade info will surely help.

To answer the question "What did you do to him?" .... Absolutely nothing! He smashed 3 cars along the road that night, and the only thing I and the other victims have in common is that we were born overseas (Ireland in my case).

I would LOVE to show him the business end of a Remington, but I'll settle for the police getting him for felony vandalism. :)

If I get clearer video from other neighbours, would you mind if I troubled you all again for more info?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Hit it up! Anything to help you catch this bastard.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
I hate stuff like this, car people never condone this sort of thing! I could never do something to someone elses ride, its called karma I just know it could come back on me, no question about it! There are other ways to go about revenge.....

Quick Reply: Help me ID this car, please?