Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Honda Civic Wagon announced & teased

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Civic Wagon announced & teased

Production version to debut in 2013.

It seems that Honda is preparing a wagon version of the Civic which has been shown at the Paris Motor Show in the form of this concept image which looks quite interesting. Manabu Nishimae (Honda’s European President) said that a pre-production variant will be showcased next year, meaning that we will probably see it at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show in March or later on in September during the Frankfurt Motor Show.
By having a closer look at this teaser image, we notice a swooping roofline, bulging wheel arches, a roof-rack and the clean window-line round to the car’s back. Chances are that it will adopt the same platform and similar engines as the ones offered for the current Civic lineup.
This isn’t the only model that Honda will introduce for expanding the Civic lineup as in 2015 we’ll get to see the return of the hotter Type R version.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 PM
ohw
5 Year Member
I like the look of that picture. Will have to see the rest of the wagon before passing judgement. Honda's styling (also Acura) for the last few years has been mostly disappointing. Hope they have a change in thinking of design staff. If they keep this up, the Koreans are going to eat their lunch (and breakfast, and dinner).

Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Chances if we get it probably will be a Acura.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
WE won't get the wagon. Not in America, no way!

Which stinks because, that would be the one I'd prefer :P

Old 10-01-2012, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Could be the Acura ILX wagon since it is rumor the TSX will be gone.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 PM
That is one of the ugliest things I have ever laid eyes on.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
At least the new Fit is out in 2013 according to the Honda Media newsroom :
This global operation reform has been implemented for the development of the all-new Fit (Jazz) series which will be introduced starting in 2013. Within two years after the initial market introduction of the all-new Fit in 2013, Honda will globally roll-out Fit (Jazz), City and a new small SUV model, each with different individual characteristics.

Breaking: Honda Confirms New Civic Type R, Jazz / Fit Based Small SUV and Sports Roadster - Carscoop

Honda Media Newsroom - Headlines - Summary of CEO Speech on September 21, 2012

Old 10-02-2012, 01:08 AM
I don't very much like this Civic picture.

My first thought when looking at the picture was something along the lines of "Good gracious, why not make a car you can actually see out of when backing up?" Granted, a great many newer cars have barely adequate reward visibility, but this appears to have just about none, save for a slit at just the right height for truck headlights to blind you at night.

My second thought was wondering what they are hiding in the fenders besides the usual wheels and suspension bits. Maybe the spare tire sits in one of the back fenders, and the jack and lug wrench in the other? Maybe a built in barbecue grill and icebox? Maybe they're just pointless over-styling?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Could be the Acura ILX wagon since it is rumor the TSX will be gone.
yah, that sounds about right, i think too. price point and all.

too bad TSX never got a turbo and SH-AWD model. i think kids in their 20's would've loved to have that.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:51 AM
well i liked this pic very much and think that honda is in mood to launch a new civic model, the thing i hate in this car is that it has very poor mileage a

Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
well u have to remember not everyone is about getting best mpg.

blame the general fat public for forcing car manufacturers to make everything bigger and heavier and more power to carry their weight. it's a sad truth.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
make everything bigger and heavier and more power to carry their weight. it's a sad truth.

Haha. You got it. By 2030 the majority of Americans will be obese. Not overweight; those are already over 2/3. Obese. REALLY.FAT.

Heck, this is why the Fit gets a special larger seat for the US market. We're some big people, and it's not cause we're bigger or stronger or whatever else might have been true back in 1945.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Some of us are genuinely larger, and not obese.

But stereotypes are fun.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Haha. You got it. By 2030 the majority of Americans will be obese. Not overweight; those are already over 2/3. Obese. REALLY.FAT.

Heck, this is why the Fit gets a special larger seat for the US market. We're some big people, and it's not cause we're bigger or stronger or whatever else might have been true back in 1945.
i use to be a fat chum myself, not obese but fat... until i changed my ways 25yrs ago. never going back. slim is good. i can see where im peeing. :D

Old 10-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Final production models rarely ever look like the concepts so I'm going to hold judgement for now in terms of styling. It's interesting though, but kind of weird you would think this would cannibalize some of the Fit's potential customers.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Some of us are genuinely larger, and not obese.

But stereotypes are fun.
Oh yes, this is of course true. There is normal variation and obviously there are millions of people who are extremely tall, heavy, and carry very little surface or internal fat; and there are people who are extremely thin as well.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Honda has prepared a wagon version for its Civic, which was showcased at Paris Motor Show. A pre-production version may feature as early as Mar 2013 at Geneva.
Honda is reportedly planning a wagon version of their popular Civic, which has been earlier showcased at the Paris Motor Show. To spark things off, Honda has released a teaser image for the the said model.

According to Manabu Nishimae, Honda's European President, a pre-production variant will probably be scheduled for next year, possibly as early as the Geneva Motor Show in March 2013.

From the teaser image, one may notice a swooping roofline, bulging wheel arches, a roof-rack and the clean window-line round to the car's back. Chances are that it will adopt the same platform and similar engines as the ones offered for the current Civic lineup.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
the civic sedan started looking like a UFO around gen8, so i dont expect it to look that great in a wagon form.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
There is a rumor in 2016 the Honda Civic hatchback will return to the US.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cjecpa
There is a rumor in 2016 the Honda Civic hatchback will return to the US.
i suppose in this case, honda would probably release a hatch-si.. depending on the offering it could potentially eat at the Fit sales for those looking for higher performance.

but what is higher performance? im not sure what honda's definition of 'high performance' is these days, post-S2000.

Quick Reply: Honda Civic Wagon announced & teased