Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

The Other Project Car - My 2004 350Z's Final Build

Old 08-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Administrator
The Other Project Car - My 2004 350Z's Final Build

I have owned my Z for the last 7+ years and have really learned so much from building it into what you see today. Not only have I made a bunch of friends I have also really enjoyed driving this car and look forward to keeping it for as long as I possibly can.

With that being said, I can now safely say that I have achieved everything I could have wanted for this car and can now say that my build is done.

My overall theme is more of a grand touring car which I an enjoy on the weekends but still be able to handle an occasional canyon run

Enjoy the pics and I will list the entire spec sheet at the end of the post

Starting out with what I always have thought was my favorite angle of my car, it shows off all of the modifications and highlight the rear end

Side profile shot showing my new NISMO V3 style front bumper with V2 canards. I was trying to get the flags to both be showing but gave up lol

The new front bumper is by far the longest bumper I have ever run but it is surprisingly not that low at all which helps for me

Closeup of the front bumper with the canards placed in a similar location that my V2 bumper utilized, I also opted to run a front emblem to allow for definition

My buddies at Mardikian Automotive also gave the car a nice polish so the paint looks really good even for a 9+ year old car

The Potenza RE760's tires are more wide than they are tall so fender clearance is the best on any tire I have run

5 years ago this month I bought my wheels and had them painted, I go out of my way for them to look like this and it tells you that hand washing really pays off

This has also been a favorite angle of mine, shows off my tucked rear bumper and GT-Spec rear tie bar

I love this spoiler even though alot of others don't. You need to have a full exterior to pull it off IMO

You can see my black and silver theme throughout the car, including my emblems

You can definitely tell this is a much more daily-driver friendly setup, defintely wider than any other setup I have run too

I love this photo, sun was setting and it really shows off the Silverstone

Build Specs:
Engine
Greddy Evo2 exhaust
Stillen HFC's
MOtordyne 5/16th spacer
NISMO Cold Air Intake
Greddy Air Diversion plate
Greddy Strut bar painted dark grey
Engine Cover painted dark grey
EVO-R carbon fiber battery/brake covers
NISMO Oil cap
NISMO radiator Cap
Mobil 1 oil & Oil filter

Wheels & Tires
NISMO LMGT4's 19x8.5 (+25) & 19x9.5 (+30) painted gloss black
Bridgestone Potenza RE760's 245-35-19, 275-35-19
H&R 20mm spacers painted matte black
Muteki black lugs

Brakes
Track edition Brembo Front and Rear Calipers
StopTech slotted rotors
StopTech Street Pads
Stoptech SS lines
Motul Fluid

Exterior
NISMO V3 style front bumper by Extreme Dimensions
NISMO V2 style carbon fiber Canards
NISMO V2 style side skirts
NISMO v1 style rear pieces
NISMO V1 Rear spoiler
NISMO B-pillars
Tucked Rear bumper
Shaved Rear fenders
Gloss black emblems
Gloss black door handles
Gloss black vinyl roof
06+ LED Rear taillights
06+ Front headlights painted matte black w upgraded bulbs and STi lenses
Z-Speed Undertray
Z-Speed V3 undertray extension
NISMO matte black License plate frame
LED License plate lights
30% front tint & 20% rear

Suspension
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico HP shocks
SPC Rear camber Arms
GT-Spec rear-tie bar
Stillen Swaybars
Powergrid Endlinks
SPL LCA bushings

Interior/Audio
Pioneer AVIC-D3 with navigation antenna and Ipod cable run through cubby
Satin black painted center console
Nissan Europe Brushed aluminum A/C Vent covers
Custom Iphone holder in coin tray
NISMO Floormats

Last edited by Waiz; 01-09-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
You were my almost twinsie. good job.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Born2Bfit
I was almost your twinsie. good job.
Corrected since my Z looked like this wayy before yours :D

Old 08-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Banned
Looks real good. How do you like driving it any problems?

Old 08-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by loudbang
Looks real good. How do you like driving it any problems?
Thanks!

I love driving this car, I have owned it for a long time and it has been nothing but super reliable to me.

With all of my modifications it stops, corners, and accelerates better than ever and it's a real luxury for me to drive it for pleasure only since I have my GE as my daily

Old 08-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Gotta love the LMGT4's.

I ran a severely beat up set on my JZX90 Mark II while I lived in Japan in 18's but same widths and 235's and 265's. I've always loved those wheels, they are amazing in black.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Katsumoto
Gotta love the LMGT4's.

I ran a severely beat up set on my JZX90 Mark II while I lived in Japan in 18's but same widths and 235's and 265's. I've always loved those wheels, they are amazing in black.
I love these wheels too!

I bought them for a birthday present to myself back in 2008 and had them painted shortly after. Definitely my favorite mod on my car and I go out of my way to keep them looking as good as they can :)

Old 08-09-2013, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Man seeing your Z makes me want to build another one. Not as crazy as last time but I'd do the Cwest long nose front bumper with canards and side skirts, top secret carbon rear diffuser. Oh man! Or go real baller with the Amuse superleggera widebody! I have a lot of left over parts to lol!

Old 08-09-2013, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Man seeing your Z makes me want to build another one. Not as crazy as last time but I'd do the Cwest long nose front bumper with canards and side skirts, top secret carbon rear diffuser. Oh man! Or go real baller with the Amuse superleggera widebody! I have a lot of left over parts to lol!

Yeah and i still have all the nuts and bolts!!!

Old 08-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Great looking Z! I have been looking at 06-08 Z's as a possible next car. I think these cars will age really well, kind of a "modern classic" thing.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Knowing you that would be like opening up Pandoras box lol!

I tried to make sure that I didn't go overboard with this car and kept it street-friendly. I think too many people overmod their cars and then either they are always trying to fix it or it's just not practical to drive anywhere.

At this point I drive the Fit 5-6 days a week and just take the Z out for my own pleasure. I think that will allow me to keep both cars for a long time since my itch for performance gets taken care of when I drive the Z so I can just be mellow in the Fit.

Originally Posted by onefreshfit
Yeah and i still have all the nuts and bolts!!!
lol! I'm sure I have parts all over SoCal from people helping me out with my car too

Originally Posted by BallerStatus
Great looking Z! I have been looking at 06-08 Z's as a possible next car. I think these cars will age really well, kind of a "modern classic" thing.
Thanks!

07-08 would be a great option but as you can see from my 2004 you can still get a great car given it's age. The main thing about the Z is that it has a ton of aftermarket support and the price of things has come wayyyy down.

If you want anymore info just let me know, I would suggest of course keeing the Fit though since the Z is difficult to keep as an only car since it has literally no space for anything or people haha!

Old 08-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks man, yeah I was kind of shocked when I started looking at these a couple of years ago (was thinking of modding the Fit or buying a new car, but in the end decided I didn't want a car payment) at how low the prices have gotten on these, you can get a really nice one with low miles for $18-20k. I have never stopped liking these cars, unlike most of the others I considered. We have a Honda Element too as my wife's car, so that thing can take about anything you can throw at it! My only other real reason for not pulling the trigger is garage space. I would feel guilty having it sit out in the weather...we have a tiny one car garage at the moment that wouldn't really do it justice. Maybe when we buy our next house....

Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by BallerStatus
Thanks man, yeah I was kind of shocked when I started looking at these a couple of years ago (was thinking of modding the Fit or buying a new car, but in the end decided I didn't want a car payment) at how low the prices have gotten on these, you can get a really nice one with low miles for $18-20k. I have never stopped liking these cars, unlike most of the others I considered. We have a Honda Element too as my wife's car, so that thing can take about anything you can throw at it! My only other real reason for not pulling the trigger is garage space. I would feel guilty having it sit out in the weather...we have a tiny one car garage at the moment that wouldn't really do it justice. Maybe when we buy our next house....
My Z is probably closer to $12k, max for a 07-08 would be closer to $16k-$17k

If you are ready in a few years prices will be even lower so you can always get one then. They are super reliable but gas guzzlers lol!

Old 08-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
That is very clean. Very nice job.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Former Vendor
You might want to consider the below.......

Pics For Cash!:
Submit your pictures to pictures@extremedimensions.com and earn up to $250.00 USD (in the form of a Gift Certificate).

Old 08-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
That is very clean. Very nice job.
Thanks guys, I am really enjoying that this bumper is alot higher than my previous setup so it makes it easier to drive around town

Old 08-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Ive always liked the Z. Good job

Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by pig_pit
Ive always liked the Z. Good job
Thanks.

I really feel like my GE build is way easier since I did so much to my Z I know to set a limit with my GE lol!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:32 PM
A limit is good. Too many mods will kill it. Lol

Old 08-15-2013, 08:05 PM
umm yea I could rock that car fo sho...wouldnt change a thing! way to go man, A+

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Other Project Car - My 2004 350Z's Final Build