Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Thinking of trading in for a cr-z

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Thinking of trading in for a cr-z

When I purchased my fit the dealer told me they were going to make a "si" fit that was a hybrid. I see they did make a hybrid fit but just like the type r civic and the 4wd fit never made it to the states. Since I had my 1st fit I've been kicking around the idea of getting a cr-z. Owing far less than my fits value I could actually trade without losing my shirt. People on this site seem quite informed so I post for opinions.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
I say go for it. As long as it makes you happy. Why wait for something that may never come to be? Get something that you know you will like now.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:01 PM
If you can manage only having a 2 seater then go for it. Question from me is, if you can get away with that small of a car have considered an S2000? Good on mpg, still a Honda and just better overall platform to work from.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
I feel like the CRZ is less practical than the Fit. First the CRZ only sits two people and second, the cargo space isn't in the same territory as the Fit. They get similar gas mileage but without the complexity of being a hybrid. Personally I'd pass on the CRZ.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
If you can manage only having a 2 seater then go for it. Question from me is, if you can get away with that small of a car have considered an S2000? Good on mpg, still a Honda and just better overall platform to work from.
Haven't folded my seats up in over a year and if I needed more space my dad would be happy to switch. An s2000 would be super fun but my insurance doesnt view the crz as a "sports car". I would also rather buy new because I tend to be unlucky with preowned cars.
Thanks for the replies, going to test drive on friday.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:36 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Are they dynamically more fun to drive than the Fit? I suppose that would be the deciding factor for me if I was in the market for a CRZ. Both are about the same power it seems in real world.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
I have a feeling Honda might redo the facia soon?

Old 11-26-2015, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
I have a feeling Honda might redo the facia soon?
From what i could find online the next gen will not be hybrid, seat 4 and possibly be closer to a civic type r.

As far as more fun to drive, you gain 2in width, lower center of gravity and with the electric motor boost torque & a bit of hp. From reviews I've read the butt dyno doesn't match whats gained on paper & in sport mode the steering gives more feedback. Guess I will find out for myself

Old 11-26-2015, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
As long as it's fun to drive go for it!

Old 11-27-2015, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
It seems like the current year Fit 6 speed is more fun and practical and just as fuel efficient as the current CR-Z, but in a couple of years, the CR-Z is predicted to change:

2018 Honda CR-Z Rendered, May Ditch Hybrid for New Turbo ? News ? Car and Driver

Old 11-29-2015, 03:02 AM
Note you can also get a CRZ with an optional supercharger that boosts power to 197hp total. I believe you retain factory warranty if you have the dealership install the unit, which sets it apart from all the 3rd party installation options out there.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gorilla
Note you can also get a CRZ with an optional supercharger that boosts power to 197hp total. I believe you retain factory warranty if you have the dealership install the unit, which sets it apart from all the 3rd party installation options out there.
Didn't know this, kinda tempting.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wzlfit
Didn't know this, kinda tempting.
Kinda? Two cars making about the same horsepower and fun factor and then you add a supercharger to one make it 'kinda' tempting?

Old 12-01-2015, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
I was in a similar boat as you earlier in the year, except was debating picking up either a CR-Z vs GE8. The CR-Z is a nice in town commuter that is also fun to drive despite having the extra weight of the IMA system... though if you do frequent highway/long distance driving, I would reconsider since ride comfort over an extended time isn't all that great.

As for the HPD goods for the CR-Z... I don't THINK the S/C kit retains the 3 year/ 36k mile warranty (but hey, I could be wrong) though I do know it was designed in partnership with Jackson Racing so it is a QUALITY kit for the manual CR-Z. If I recall correctly HPD has a 300mm 4 piston front brake kit, limited slip diff, exhaust and a few other goodies both performance and cosmetic related that may peak your interest.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
near 200hp and finally have a classic duel with the FRS... modern day version of crx vs hachiroku

Old 12-02-2015, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Kinda? Two cars making about the same horsepower and fun factor and then you add a supercharger to one make it 'kinda' tempting?
Ok, a supercharger is way tempting but the extra cost brings it down to kinda tempting. I've kinda kicked around the idea since I started modding the fit. Recently a semi-local dealer had 2015 cr-zs for under $17000. That would lower my monthly payment quite a bit but to add a lot of extras @ the dealer would cancel that out. Kinda leaning towards waiting till I pay the fit and then see whats available.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:39 AM
For what its worth my CRZ was a blast to drive and with spacers on the back it did look pretty cool. However, the fun factor was cancelled out eventually by the fact that i was getting barely 30 MPG in it (sport mode almost always).

Also i told myself that the storage was reasonable...i quickly realized it wasn't as much as I assumed. Space wise its not bad, however, the opening to get to that space really limited my carrying capabilities.

The auto shut off also drove me nuts.

The better gas mileage and easier storage in the fit greatly out weighed the fun factor of the CRZ for me.

To each is own though.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Did you buy one? I miss my 2013 cr-z that was totaled, I took quite a few 500 + mile trips biking and it was great. Not a ton of space, but way more usable space then I originally thought. The honda supercharger retains the warranty also. My fit lease is almost up and I'm on the fence about getting a 2016 manual cr-z I liked it more than other people seem to.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Mine was a lease. I just saw a 2016 when i was at the dealer the other day. def a step up from what i had. i believe i had the first model year...2011?

Old 02-13-2016, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
Honda CR-Z (72 sold) Like the Nissan Cube, Honda’s front-wheel-drive, two-passenger $22,700 CR-Z was supposed to be a car young people would fall in love with. As the reincarnation of Honda’s CR-X sports coupe from the 1980s and 1990s but with an eco-friendly hybrid powertrain, what was not to love? Apparently, a lot. After sales peaked in its first full year on sale in 2011 with 517 units sold in Canada, only 72 CR-Zs were sold in 2013.

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading in for a cr-z