Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

Fit for Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Noxm09
I wouldn't recommend using them for auto X as they take about 2 laps for me to get up to temp and proper psi. And by the way always take comments like the one RobH provided with a grain of salt. Just because one thing works really great for one person it doesnt mean you can apply it across the board.
I primarily autocross. HPDE just doesn't do it for me. To each their own.

I do respect your opinion because you actually use the tires as per their intended use. I don't have respect for someone who buys them, has nothing to compare them to and uses them on the street at best driving through some twisty roads?

Myself I've used Dunlop Direzza ZII, Direzza ZII*spec, Ventus RS-3 V2, BF Goodrich Rival S and Bridgestone RE-71R which is what I'm currently using.

Most of my friends who are HPDE and #GRIDLIFE regulars have now switched to the Falken 615K+, but that might be a cost thing?

Old 05-16-2018, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
I was definitely thinking about the R888Rs. A lot of people run them on vettes and porsches (not just kids). I am going to buy some Enkei RPF1s and a extreme summer tire, and then the R888Rs before September for my next event. 205/50/R15s. Anyone run the Federal 595? I ran some on the front of my C5Z and they were pretty grippy, but one of them broke up on the inside sidewall before the tread was gone. Just one data point...

Old 05-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
I was definitely thinking about the R888Rs. A lot of people run them on vettes and porsches (not just kids). I am going to buy some Enkei RPF1s and a extreme summer tire, and then the R888Rs before September for my next event. 205/50/R15s. Anyone run the Federal 595? I ran some on the front of my C5Z and they were pretty grippy, but one of them broke up on the inside sidewall before the tread was gone. Just one data point...
I have no experience with 888r's. But i use the feds 595 rsr and rsrr's on my track and TT car. they are great for the price. maybe 8/10th's performance of a re71. But they suffer with hot temperature (above 80's) and noisyyyy.

We use RS4's with great success on our endurance car, we've run 8 hr races in Texas with no heat issues.