Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   For Sale - Local Pickup Only (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale-local-pickup-only/)
-   -   fs, gvrd, calgary, edmonton turbo'd fit! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale-local-pickup-only/27950-fs-gvrd-calgary-edmonton-turbod-fit.html)

Guinness 07-13-2008 04:22 AM

I can't believe Sumo is selling his Tuned-up Fit. Seems like everyone I know is selling their cars... maybe I should do the same.. gas prices on a turbo fit is painful... C$60/fill up *sigh*

sumo 07-13-2008 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by drzenitram (Post 364979)
I'd have to agree with fitcapo, I wouldn't buy a new-ish car that had mods on it.

#1 - no matter what you say, for all I know you didn't get your turbo tuned for 3 months that you had it, ran super lean, or super rich, and raced to redline every shift.
#2 - mods of any kind don't retain value, just because it looks good doesn't mean it's exactly what the person wants, and it also doesn't mean that each part was installed in a professional manner.
#3 - maybe a friend who knew how you did your work and saw how you treated your car would pay that much, but......

I doubt you'll get more than $18,000 for the car sold with all the mods installed.

Very nice car, though! It looks good, maybe you should just keep it and remain a fitfreak :-P

k guys,

everybody knows the obvious about selling cars with mods usually do not boost up the overall price of car.

thank you for stating the obvious, however when i posted this car for sale i knew what kinda buyer would be looking for a car like this. no ones holding a gun to your head to purchase this car, if you dont like it or see the value in it, dont buy it.

sorry to sound like sucha dick, but if your not gonna post comments to help the sale, what point are you really trying to get across??

anyways, thanks for everybodys interest.
If anyone has questions feel free to let me know, however to jump to these conclusions i feel is a little offensive.

Cheers

Simon

Guinness 07-13-2008 06:23 AM

The mods Sumo put in his car easily goes over 10K imo. If anyone out there is looking to get performance parts for their fit - look no further. Why rest for parts when you can get the WHOLE Package~

Besides, I think its cheaper to just buy Sumo's Mod Fit and sell off your existing stock fit for that matter~

GL with the sale Sumo. I can see that I am not far from selling my car as well =\

spoonek4 07-13-2008 06:28 PM

Bump for a great guy.

Hope this get back on to topic instead of discussing whether Sumo's car worth the $ or not.

chickz_magnet 07-13-2008 07:42 PM

free bumpity bump!!
i'm asking around for ya sumo!

Illusive 07-14-2008 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by drzenitram (Post 365627)
I think that maybe you should be posting this on a car-sale website if you don't like people posting on your thread.

This is a FORUM. A forum where people post their opinions and where you have given us permission to by bringing forth a topic. You're trying to sell your car for too much. Originally I was warning you not to, because at that price you won't make a sale for the next year and then your car REALLY won't be worth that much. It was for your own good, but you're a bit of a curmudgeon and I regret trying to help now.

I could be in a position to purchase, but after your attitude, would you expect me to still want to do business with you?

Alright, I know it's a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but if you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say it. If you don't like the price, get out of the thread. There is no reason to tell him that at his price he isn't going to sell it and that he should lower it if he is hoping to sell it. It might sell, it might not, if you wanna negotiate a price, PM him, you don't need to go off in his thread. It's not the same situation up here in Canada. We pay close to $21,000 to $22,000 after all is said and done for a new Fit, so his price is fair for our market.

YeeFit 07-14-2008 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by drzenitram (Post 365757)
Excuse me? I had something nice to say, I was giving him advice that would help him.

Why don't you get out of the thread? Do we have different rights here? I wasn't harassing him, and if the price is so wonderful, why don't you pay it?

Regardless of what you pay after all is said and done, he'll be lucky to get 18k out of the car. I can tell him that he isn't going to sell it at that price because there's plenty of evidence to prove that he won't.

I didn't "go off" at anyone that didn't "go off" at me first. Point your fingers elsewhere, or "get out of the thread."

If I didn't already have my Fit I WOULD buy his car. Given I am not a huge BOM fan, I am currently in the market for a turbo/sc kit. If I am going to drop 4-5k on a kit, +22k on the car itself, why would I not consider it? I would be complete idiot not to. Especially knowing the history of his kit and how AJ-R have personally overlooked it.

I've easily spent over 27k on my fit, and that is without purchasing my turbo/sc kit yet. As everyone has said, our market up here in Canada is much different that the US market. My new 07 Fit out the door with 3.9% financing ended up costing me ~24k.

And, yes. This is a forum, but we use this forum as a tool to sell and purchase goods and services. Its not all about opinions. Its about a community working together to help one another out and to share a passion that we do with our specific vehicle.

I helped a friend purchase a 08 Fit 3 weeks ago. She looked for a used one, only found 2 in our city. Both were 18k + tax + 6.9% financing, which would end up being over 20k for a used Fit.

She ended up buying new, just over 19k new out the door for and LX. There is your proof that the Fit does sell high here as our gas prices are well over the $5/gallon mark, most likely over the $6/gallon mark for premium in B.C. :(

If he sells his Turbo kit for 3k, parts out his wheels, body kit, etc. That'll add atleast an additional 2-3k. If he sells his car for 17k in the end that puts him well above the 18k mark that you assume he is only going to get.

I for 1 would be up for buying his turbo kit, but from what I remember, his kit has the E-manage Blue.. if it had the Ultimate I may be a very serious buyer as I am "trying" to be patient for the KWSC highboost kit release.

GL with the sale Simon.:wavey:

sumo 07-14-2008 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by YeeFit (Post 365812)
If I didn't already have my Fit I WOULD buy his car. Given I am not a huge BOM fan, I am currently in the market for a turbo/sc kit. If I am going to drop 4-5k on a kit, +22k on the car itself, why would I not consider it? I would be complete idiot not to. Especially knowing the history of his kit and how AJ-R have personally overlooked it.

I've easily spent over 27k on my fit, and that is without purchasing my turbo/sc kit yet. As everyone has said, our market up here in Canada is much different that the US market. My new 07 Fit out the door with 3.9% financing ended up costing me ~24k.

And, yes. This is a forum, but we use this forum as a tool to sell and purchase goods and services. Its not all about opinions. Its about a community working together to help one another out and to share a passion that we do with our specific vehicle.

I helped a friend purchase a 08 Fit 3 weeks ago. She looked for a used one, only found 2 in our city. Both were 18k + tax + 6.9% financing, which would end up being over 20k for a used Fit.

She ended up buying new, just over 19k new out the door for and LX. There is your proof that the Fit does sell high here as our gas prices are well over the $5/gallon mark, most likely over the $6/gallon mark for premium in B.C. :(

If he sells his Turbo kit for 3k, parts out his wheels, body kit, etc. That'll add atleast an additional 2-3k. If he sells his car for 17k in the end that puts him well above the 18k mark that you assume he is only going to get.

I for 1 would be up for buying his turbo kit, but from what I remember, his kit has the E-manage Blue.. if it had the Ultimate I may be a very serious buyer as I am "trying" to be patient for the KWSC highboost kit release.

GL with the sale Simon.:wavey:

hahaha ^ bro, just buy the car and ill swap the emanage blue out and put in the ultimate for you!!! =p

FELIXY69 07-14-2008 02:36 PM

I am interested in buying your turbo kit
how about I give you $2500 for the kit
and u can replace it with my megan header downpipe and you can have anything off my car to put back ur car to n/a
how's that sound??

FELIXY69 07-14-2008 02:41 PM

sell me turbo sell me turbo!!
it would be soo cool to see my car on turbo :)
check ur
pm sumo

Kyle is raaddd 07-14-2008 02:52 PM

oh my god i want it.
:O

sumo 07-14-2008 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by FELIXY69 (Post 366150)
sell me turbo sell me turbo!!
it would be soo cool to see my car on turbo :)
check ur
pm sumo

Hey Felix man. what parts do you have on your car?

I wouldnt mind looking in to this proposal =)

PHATFLIP 07-15-2008 02:46 AM

hey bro, still willing to sell me ur J's grille? let me know please.

bump for a hella SICK fit.

sumo 07-15-2008 11:20 AM

the turbos gonna have to sell before i even consider parting out :)
me and felix are currently working on something. will let you know.

sumo 07-18-2008 01:55 AM

turbo kit is sold to felix!!!!

but yea who am i kidding... i love this car and am gonna go back to NA :)
anyone want to buy the a vip exhaust msg me!

mods please close thread!

Mugen_Dom 07-18-2008 02:22 AM

Ahahahahahaha...

Well, glad to hear it!! No more psssssssshhhh for you!!

BTW, did you ever check out that stuff I text you about? Hope there's something for you there.

sumo 07-18-2008 02:24 AM

awwwww i'd know you miss me if i left

*hugs dom* :rotfl:

ericman20 07-18-2008 07:13 PM

nice so ya keeping hte car eh?

fitster 07-23-2008 03:30 AM

so your not parting out anymore :(

DOOHAN 02-07-2009 01:35 AM

Where did you get that gauge pod from?