Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

Killer Bee Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
KBee Coilovers

All right guys and girls I have a brand new set of Killer Bee Coilovers I am wanting to sell. I bought them in late December of last year and have had them out of the boxes to look at them only. The only thing not included is the stickers that were supose to come with them, but did not. I am asking $800 plus shipping. I don't have a weight but the box is 29x16x16. I am selling them because I decided to go a different route with the car and may be upgrading to a bigger Honda...not sure on that yet Anyway, I will try and weigh it at work tomorrow night for anyone who is interested. I have a pay pal account if anyone would want to do it on plastic (credit card), but will need to pass on their fee if that is route the buyer wants to go. I think they charge a 3.5% fee, but I will check if someone wants to do Pay Pal. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by Mynute 1; 03-07-2008 at 01:12 AM. Reason: learning to spell :-)
Old 03-04-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
pix? please.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:44 PM
I will try to gets some pics for you as soon as possible!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:25 AM

Here is a picture of the rear set up, the instructions and the spana wrenches.

Here is a picture of the front.

I will post the specs for anyone interested later tonight. Got to take the little on to preschool.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:11 AM
As promised here are some basic specs, as per aspec:

- 7kg front springs / 6kg rear springs
- Springs are cold wound
- Inverted monotube front shocks / Twin tube rear shocks
- 15 way adjustability
- Ride height and preload adjustability
- Rear lower urethane bushings
- Spring thrush sheets (to prevent spring binding)
- Front GD1/3 coilover weighs ~14.05 lbs.
- Rear GD1/3 coilover weighs ~18.2 lbs (including springs)

In addition if someone lives near central Illinois, I would be willing to drive a couple of hours or so (for gas costs) to save the buyer on shipping them. Again. if anyone has a question I'll do my best to answer it. Yes, they are actually KBee Coilovers.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I wanted to let everyone know I checked with UPS on shipping and it will be $60 for the continental US. If you want to insure it, the first $100 of insurance is free, $1.60 for up to $200 of coverage and every addition $100 of coverage above $200 runs $.60. This works out to a total with shipping and insurance to $866.40.... I'll round it to $865. At this price your paying less than I was able to buy it for, and remember it has never been used or installed. Any takers?????????

Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I've dropped the price a tad.....$825 shipped and insured. I may consider reasonable offers. No low ballers please.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Mynute 1
I've dropped the price a tad.....$825 shipped and insured. I may consider reasonable offers. No low ballers please.
Damn.... I wish i could take but dont have that kinda cash at the moment. Pay day isnt til next week.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by tattoopunk031
Damn.... I wish i could take but dont have that kinda cash at the moment. Pay day isnt til next week.
If nobody steps up before then, they could be yours. I'll keep you informed!

Last edited by Mynute 1; 03-11-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:17 PM
If nobody steps up before then, they could be yours. I'll keep you informed!
Sounds good, thanks

Old 03-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Bump to the top

Old 03-18-2008, 09:35 AM
any takers yet?

Old 03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
I've had a couple of people that are interested, but are lacking the funds right now. They both stated that if someone else offers to buy them before they raise the cash, go ahead and sell them. Are these still something you are wanting to do? Let me know

Old 03-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I've had a couple of people that are interested, but are lacking the funds right now. They both stated that if someone else offers to buy them before they raise the cash, go ahead and sell them. Are these still something you are wanting to do? Let me know
I do really want them i just dont know if i can afford that much. Its a good price tho and i really need coilovers.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
pm...

PM'ed you.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
PM'ed you.
PM'd you back

Old 03-19-2008, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
What is the maximum drop on these?

Old 03-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
What is the maximum drop on these?
BUMP, +2^^^!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Okay gang since these coilovers have never been my car, I copied a post from Tuan of A Spec talking about this exact question of the KBee coilovers. This info is provided by Tuan so I consider it the best source I could find. I hope this will help to answer any questions about the adjustability of them. Tuan, I hope this okay that I quoted your post

Taken from a previous post from Tuan of A Spec:
Sup Fit members,
This is my report about the suspension.

Opening the box, and match up the front and rear suspension. The mounting points up front are were they need to be, the sway bar mounting, the braking line mounting and even a mount for a OEM plastic clip, to clip on to (WOW!! Really impressive!) Everything is there is what you need. Also there is a little add on part that you don’t really see, there is a upper bolt that is oblong shaped, for extra camber. As you see in the pictures below.

As for the rear, everything is there you need as well. The benefit obviously, is the shorter shock, and also the adjustable damper. The shocks and springs install with ease, and fits tight to its OEM mounting points. As you see in the pictures below.

Okay now moving on! How much it lowers!
Here’s a picture of it with OEM springs.

I measured 6 points on the car, 3 up front, and 3 in rear. Remember this is Sport model Fit. But the meaurements will be the same as Non Sport Fits.

Front OEM height points:
-Front lip, to the ground (11.5-inch)
-Front bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (22.7-inch)
-Front portion of side skirt, to the ground (11-inch)

Rear OEM height points:
-Rear lip to the ground (14-inch)
-Rear bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (25-inch)
-Rear portion of side skirt, to the ground (10.7-inch)

Now, I installed the Kbee’s on the car, to see the highest points on the Kbee’s. (Don’t know why I did this, but some of you want to know?!¿!?!¿) Fronts can up as high as stock, and be on it, but any higher you run into issues with the sustention operating the right way. Rears can go up “max” ¼-inch higher then stock.

Front Kbee’s highest points: (any higher then OEM, not recommended)
-Front lip, to the ground (OEM height and +up)
-Front bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (OEM height and +up)
-Front portion of side skirt, to the ground (OEM height and +up)

Rear Kbee’s highest points: (any higher then OEM, not recommended)
-Rear lip to the ground (1/4-inch Higher then OEM “MAX”)
-Rear bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (1/4-inch Higher then OEM “MAX”)
-Rear portion of side skirt, to the ground (1/4-inch Higher then OEM “MAX”)

After that, I SLAMMED IT! Haha of course.

Front Kbee’s lowest points:
-Front lip, to the ground (9.7-inch)
-Front bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (20.9-inch)
-Front portion of side skirt, to the ground (9.2-inch)

Rear Kbee’s lowest points:
-Rear lip to the ground (12-inch)
-Rear bumper meets to the fender, to the ground (23-inch)
-Rear portion of side skirt, to the ground (8.7-inch)

Total lowering of the front and rear lower is.

Fronts from OEM to 1.8-inch drop
Rear from OEM to 2.0-inch drop.

Hum?? Some of you don’t really think its that’s low, or maybe that too low for your blood!

If it’s too low their coilovers, raise them back up (duh haha jk).

For you that are worried about not being low at all, there are other solutions to make it lower! From the front and rear, as you can see in the pictures, they have 2~3 collars on it to adjust the height and preload settings. You can technically remove 2 collars up front and 1 collar in the rear. This will “not” affect the performance of the coilovers in anyway. The collars are simply there to lock the springs in place, so the shock does not move up and down the bracket from vibrations.

Fronts you can remove 2 bottom collars, and bring the whole stock down into the bracket, and the collar will lock into place. That right there will give you another .5 inch to your slamtastic Fit!

Rears you can remove the bottom collar, lock it on the lowest position, and that will give you another .25-inch. This is for those that want it just a little lower then was it is now.

That will bring it down to

Fronts from OEM to 2.3-inch drop
Rear from OEM to 2.25-inch drop.

For those who want to go even lower then this! Like tucking tires, or tucking rims for VIP status!

Lower is possible!! In order to go lower then these we can simple replace the front springs with a shorter spring from Swift Springs (MSPR for each spring, front springs 99.00ea oh course Fit Freak member discount). The over length of the springs from Kbee is 8”; you can order a set of 6” spring (good options if you guys planning on getting stiffer/softer spring rates). This will give you another 2” more to play with! Rear is pretty much max you can go with, can’t really do much because the springs are has unique coils then standard coilover springs.

Picture of the car at its lowest setting, without removing collars!

Well that’s the end of my report. If anymore question about these coilovers, please ask!

Thanks again to "thejroisgo" for taking his time to come here and fit on some coilovers.

Have a great day guys,
Tuan @ A Spec.

Last edited by Mynute 1; 03-20-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-20-2008, 11:30 AM
PM sent to you

Quick Reply: Killer Bee Coilovers