Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

FS: HID Retrofit SERVICES

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
FS: HID Retrofit SERVICES

I've made a few retrofits on the board already and I figure I'll just throw my price out to everyone so I don't have to answer everyone's PMs and emails.

If you provide me with the headlights and projectors, the cost of the retrofit is $350. This includes painting the headlights black (flat black, semi-gloss or full gloss) and smoking the amber reflector and daylight running cover. I can also leave it OEM color and if you provide me with a can of OEM spray paint, I can paint the reflector bowl OEM color for free. You can go here and read of what all is involved. http://smeister13.blogspot.com/2008/01/review-my-fx35-bi-xenon-hid-retroft-for.html. It takes me 2 days or one weekend because I allow the paint to cure overnight and finish up the rest of the retrofit the day after.

You will also be able to purchase the custom wiring harness to make everything plug and play for $60. You just have to tell me what HID kit you will be using and I will modify the harness. I also charge a flat $40 shipping within CONUS.

I prefer that you send me your headlights and projectors, but if you cannot do so I may carry some in stock. If you don't have headlights or projectors and want me to source them the current going price of what I have is $275 for headlights (2 sets), $70 for frosted projectors (1 set), and $130 for clear projectors (1 set) as of 5/4/08. The price for these parts may change.

EDIT: Price of projectors have gone up. I just checked ebay and I can't get the clears for $130 anymore. I think the best price is $160-170 now.

I also carry two sets of FX35 OEM HID Kits if you do not have your own FX35 HID Kit or a plug and play kit yet. If you do have a plug and play kit, you need to make sure it uses D2S bulbs to fit onto the FX35 projectors. You also only need a single beam HID kit since the projectors are BI-xenon and will move the shield to give you high beams.

Quick overview of the price if you provide me the headlights, projectors, and have a HID kit already:

- $350 for HID Retrofit with 2 day turn around time (most likely weekend)
- $ 60 for custom wiring harness
- $ 40 for shipping the retrofit to you
- $450 TOTAL

I also wanted to add that I can put in Angel Eyes around the projector and blinker of each headlight. The cost for that including the Angel Eyes and labor is $225. Pics are here. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...jectors-5.html

Email me at smeister13@gmail.com or PM me if you would like my services. I do these retrofits on my leisure time for fun so we will have to work out when I could put together the retrofit for you. There are plenty of more pics and information on my Honda Fit DIY and Reviews by smeister13 and in the two following FitFreak posts https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...light=retrofit and https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-retrofit.html

Last edited by smeister; 10-22-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
nice service! retrofit FTW!

Old 05-04-2008, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks! If anyone has any questions just post here and I'll respond. I am sure I missed something.

BTW, I am selling my Fit, but I am building brackets for my original retrofitted headlights so I can adjust the cutoff on the retrofitted headlights without having my Fit anymore.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:05 PM
sorry i know off topic why you selling your FIT?

Old 05-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I need money!!!! lol

Old 05-04-2008, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
sorry i know off topic why you selling your FIT?
I only put about 2K miles on the Fit this past 8 months or so. I am pretty much just selling it because I don't drive it enough to pay the loan and insurance for it. I did buy a bicycle though.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Thanks for the info. I need money!!!! lol
Whenever you are ready, email me at smeister13@gmail.com I am not going anywhere.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by smeister
I only put about 2K miles on the Fit this past 8 months or so. I am pretty much just selling it because I don't drive it enough to pay the loan and insurance for it. I did buy a bicycle though.
nice man way to stick it to the government selling your car and using man made propulsion (your feet) you should place your hid retrofit on that bicycle you bought..lol..that would be funny..lol or you could give it to me

Last edited by Hondasforlife; 05-04-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Hopefully you will be hearing from me in the next few months

Old 05-07-2008, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
nice man way to stick it to the government selling your car and using man made propulsion (your feet) you should place your hid retrofit on that bicycle you bought..lol..that would be funny..lol or you could give it to me
LOL I am waiting for that retrofit to go to a good home.

TurboManGT,
Cool, let me know.

I also forgot to add that I can also put in two Angel Eyes per headlight. A small one around the projector and a smaller one around the blinker. I'll update the top with the price for them.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:32 AM
What would it cost if you were to supply the projector part of the equation? What projectors would you recommend?

Old 05-08-2008, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mynute 1
What would it cost if you were to supply the projector part of the equation? What projectors would you recommend?
I usually recommend the clear projectors just because of the sharp cutoff, but I have tried the frosted set from another retrofit I made and it is just as bright with the cutoff being fuzzy. The frosted FX35 projectors will cost you only $70, while the clear set costs $130. The clear projectors are less abundant and harder to get for a good price hence a lot more expensive. I am pretty much charging you my cost for the projectors. You can try to get them at a cheaper price on eBay, but be aware some of them don't know the difference between clear and frosted lenses. I hope that answers your question.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Rain

during a raining day, does water leak into it and fog up? when put back together, does it seal as good as the way it came?

Old 05-12-2008, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by onionx
during a raining day, does water leak into it and fog up? when put back together, does it seal as good as the way it came?
There shouldnt be any water leaking into the headlight since I put new sealant on it and press them back so the clips all pop back on just as the way the headlights were from factory.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
I have been tossing around the idea of getting some HIDs but im still not sure. What would I be looking at for price if I couldn't provide any thing, Headlights, projectors and HIDs? Would you be able to get any of that stuff or all of it. Do you know of any sites/place to go to get some of those thing. One last thing did you ever have any problems with the Police, if I remeber corectly HID's are illegal, even retro fitting them in a car that dint come with them is illegal.

Last edited by MNfit; 05-14-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
He can provide most of the parts, he has some headlights in stock too if you need them, if he is out of them, I can sell you mine if you can't be without your headlights.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
I have been tossing around the idea of getting some HIDs but im still not sure. What would I be looking at for price if I couldn't provide any thing, Headlights, projectors and HIDs? Would you be able to get any of that stuff or all of it. Do you know of any sites/place to go to get some of those thing. One last thing did you ever have any problems with the Police, if I remeber corectly HID's are illegal, even retro fitting them in a car that dint come with them is illegal.
I never had problems with police. I don't know where you live, but in FL and IL...I have never heard that HID's were illegal. If the lights are blinding people, no matter if they are HIDs or just aimed too high, the copy can give you a fix it ticket.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:12 AM
hey i just want to know where are you loctaed???

Old 05-26-2008, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
Illinois....

Old 05-29-2008, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
did you ever do this in a white houseing like I saw someone talking about in another thread?

Quick Reply: FS: HID Retrofit SERVICES