Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

WTB exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
WTB exhaust

Hey y'all.

I was just wondering if anyone had an exhaust for sale (axle-back or cat-back doesn't matter...i can always buy a b-pipe later). I'm not in a hurry but I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to get rid of theirs.

I need it to be QUIET. I've been looking into systems such as the Apex'i WSII or the Tanabe Hyper Medallion. Chambered designs are most appealing to me.

I don't want to spend too much money on a used exhaust but if the price is right, we just may be in business

Thanks

Old 11-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned
how much are you willing to spend for a tanabe exhaust? i have a concept g. its been used for about 3 months. it has one minor nick on the bottom.

lmk your offer price. if reasonable, then i will post some pics up. if not, happy hunting.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Did you find the exhaust sound clip thread in the exhaust forum. I would check that out before you decide to do an exhaust.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
ya I found that thread. I was listening the other day and most of them just sounded too grumbly for my tastes. I like to keep it lo-pro as much as possible. I had a WSII on my BB6 and I absolutely loved it. It was like driving 2 cars in one: quiet for normal driving and then it really opens up when it needs to.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by junktea1
how much are you willing to spend for a tanabe exhaust? i have a concept g. its been used for about 3 months. it has one minor nick on the bottom.

lmk your offer price. if reasonable, then i will post some pics up. if not, happy hunting.
Thanks for the offer, but from what I can tell in the exhaust video's I've seen/heard, the Concept G is a little too loud for my tastes. Once again, I really appreciate the offer though.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by DrKelso
Thanks for the offer, but from what I can tell in the exhaust video's I've seen/heard, the Concept G is a little too loud for my tastes. Once again, I really appreciate the offer though.
too loud? i think those youtube vdo's are an exaggeration. some of them have a b-pipe installed. concept g is under 95 db. street legal.

if you get a j's racing, its going to be even louder and over 95 dbs. spoon is about the same.

if you want something quiet, stick with stock, get the HP one from the dealer, or maybe a Greddy

but in the end... after having the quiet one for a month, your going to want something louder

Old 11-04-2008, 04:20 PM
hfp is the quietest ur gonna get but still sounds great if u ask me... i have a megan headert1r mid and hfp axle back. its a great sounding setup with the coldair on the other side of the engine

Old 11-04-2008, 06:56 PM
If you want a nice quiet exhaust with a nice deep tone, weld in a Magnaflow and a nice tip. Just did mine yesterday and love it. The muffler is hidden like the factory piece, and is quite reasonable.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
i have the concept g. its not too loud at all. i went from the hfp to this one and didnt notice too much of a differnce.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by junktea1
too loud? i think those youtube vdo's are an exaggeration. some of them have a b-pipe installed. concept g is under 95 db. street legal.

if you get a j's racing, its going to be even louder and over 95 dbs. spoon is about the same.

if you want something quiet, stick with stock, get the HP one from the dealer, or maybe a Greddy

but in the end... after having the quiet one for a month, your going to want something louder

I plan on installing a B-pipe with whatever exhaust I get, so if it's too loud with a b-pipe, it's too loud for me. I drove my Prelude on WSII cat-back for 2 years and I never regretted having a quiet exhaust. If I can get aftermarket performance with little to no increase in sound...bring it on! Go before show. Anything remotely near 95db is just too loud.

I'm still looking for a chambered style exhaust if anyone has one. If no one has one, I'll probably just do the Apex'i WSII muffler with a Megan B-pipe in the spring.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
i was originally going the WSII or tanabe touring medalion route for the quiet sound. but than i heard some of them in person, and its nice, but little too quiet. I ended up getting the aspec which ive had for a week now and was perfect and i love it! its quiet and has a deep tone. even cruising on the freeway at 3K rpm is super quiet. its cheaper than most of the axlebacks out there too. youtube videos dont do any exhaust justice IMO. you gota hear it in person.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
ya the aspec sounded a lot better than most of the other N1 style exhausts I've heard, but it's still too "farty" (sorry...couldn't think of any other word to describe it at 6am) for my tastes. To me there's no such thing as too quiet for an exhaust, only too loud. I'm not putting an exhaust on my car for the sound. I just feel that Sandie needs to be able to breathe a little better.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
hmm. i thought it sounded the least farty. lol. but the straight through exhausts would have better performance gains than the quieter chambered ones. especially just being an axleback and all. If your looking for performance the straight through would be better but having to be louder of course. so if you want quiet go with the WSII or tanabe touring. I like the WSII look way better than the tannabe touring, im not too big of a fan of the long penis thingy. lol

Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
well I do plan on doing a full cat-back. The B-pipe is already figured out. I just need a nice axle-back.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
well I do plan on doing a full cat-back. The B-pipe is already figured out. I just need a nice axle-back.
yeah the axle back doesnt do much. You'll need a full header back for performance. So the axle-back is pretty much looks or sound. But keep in mind that if its for performance, its going to be loud.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Ya I ran straight pipes on my 92 MR2 turbo and that was LOUD. I just bought the megan header off dewthedew so everythings coming along...just want a good muffler lol

Old 11-05-2008, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Ya I ran straight pipes on my 92 MR2 turbo and that was LOUD. I just bought the megan header off dewthedew so everythings coming along...just want a good muffler lol
lucky guy! i wanted it. haha

Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
have you looked into the Fugjitsubo Wagolis? That's muffler sounds pretty low and quiet.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:27 PM
u know what just stick too ur stock or get a buddy club prospec exhaust