Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

GI/TW: HKS Hipermax III Coilovers GD USDM

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
GI/TW: HKS Hipermax III Coilovers GD USDM

Alrighty guys and gals. It's been fun but times have called for some changes. Looking to possibly swap out my coils.

The Goods!
HKS Hipermax III Coilovers.
To my knowledge I may be one of the few on the forums (possibly only now) with these coilovers. Many of discussions have come as if these could possibly go lower than skunk2/Ksport. I venture to say yes, but I never tested it out personally.
Full adjustability from super soft to hella stiff. I have always had them at the stiffest setting due to my wheel set-up and to minimize rubbing.
I have babied my car from the time I have put these in. I do not drive aggressively...I actually drive like an old old man (no offense to our older members ) Roads in Cali are pretty decent.
They are currently still on my car and will remain on unless I get a potential buyer.Would prefer local but willing to ship

**From HKS website**
HIPERMAX III
Series Concept: Designed and tuned for street application / daily driving.

With the Hipermax III suspension series, the driver gains increased wheel control with improved performance of all vehicle dynamics and increased driver command in all conditions. Hipermax III combines track-quality control with excellent ride and handling characteristics at real-world street speeds. HKS' all-new Hiper Linear Piston Fluid Channel System damping system creates a positive relationship between piston speed and damping force, making it possible to produce a suspension that provides track-level control and feedback with exceptional ride quality at the same time. In addition, the Hipermax III is shock-body adjustable (most applications) to allow vehicle height adjustment without affecting spring rate and piston stroke. With the Hipermax III's range of adjustability, precise corner balancing can be achieved. Chrome-plated cylinder shafts provide excellent durability and newly-design rubber upper mounts reduce harshness. (For most applications, optional spherical bearing mounts are also available for enhanced steering feedback.)

Key Features:
- Hiper Linear Piston – Linear progression piston adjusts oil passages for precise stroke management resulting in smoother valve movements. As piston speed increases, dampening rate linearly increases.
- Strengthened rubber upper mounts – enhanced durability
- Monotube design
- Shock-body length adjustable (most applications)
- 65mm diameter springs – Cold wound and manufactured in-house at HKS to ensure quality and consistency
- Stainless lock nut & ride height adjuster – feature anti-rust & corrosion characteristics for enhanced durability.
- 30-way adjustable dampening
- Hard chrome-plated cylinder shaft
- Non-electrolysis Nickel plated shock bodies provide durability in severe weather conditions.
- Pillowball upper mounts optional on certain applications
- Dustboots standard
- 1 year limited warranty

**As of right now if you were to purchase brand new you are looking anywhere from a 6-10 week delivery time as HKS no longer has a US distribution site. **

Looking to get roughly $1200 or OBO. + Shipping (brand new you are looking anywhere from $1700-$1900 from a reputable shop).
You will get 2 front struts, 2 rear spring perches, 4 sets of springs (2 front/2 rear), 2 Rear Struts, 1 or 2 Spanner wrenches (need to check my tool box), and All instructions from HKS (if I still have them--same need to check my file cabinet).
Paypal purchasers need to add 3% or pay as gift.
No trades + cash.
I have my stock suspension, so I don't need that.
I am in no rush to sell these either as I love them to death. Could possibly be tempted for Cash + JDM parts...but really has to be worth my while.
I am a very reputable member of the forum, fit community, and car/import community. I have many people who will vouch for me. If you need some references please ask:
Mike410b
Any/All of the So Cal fit owners
Rickygoshdarn (purchased from him)
HeyMikesays
bBSquad.org-Was a member of bB Squad before xB was totalled
Scionlife.com
ClubxB.com
Stickydiljoe.com (aka Joey Lee)
Heymikeeeeyyyy (phaze 2)

Photo dump of my car on coils. Ride height has not changed since I first got them. I'll have to get pics of how much lower you can go in front and rear. (about 1-1.5 for both). Pictures are not in any specific order.

Name:  _MG_5150.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  39.5 KB
Name:  _MG_3217_edited-1.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  45.6 KB
Name:  _MG_9256_edited-1.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  79.3 KB
Name:  _MG_9259_edited-1.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  92.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0237.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  48.3 KB
Name:  IMG_1229_edited-1.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  111.5 KB
Name:  GMR_2.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  36.1 KB
Name:  IMG_8329.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  68.6 KB
Name:  IMG_8420.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  76.5 KB
Name:  JDMTheory2.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  81.0 KB
Name:  IMG_1187_edited-1.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  97.2 KB

Last edited by Fit4Trav; 07-05-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
I always wanted those ;( trade me for my buddy clubs

Old 07-06-2012, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry no trades. Sell Buddy Clubs than buy mine

Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Pmed u..

Old 07-07-2012, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
Going with air?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Bump. I'd buy these right now if I didn't hate how my car looks on steelies.

Get the best street coilovers for a Honda Fit for the price of the junk ones.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Bump lets get these sold.