General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
That makes 2 of us GAFIT...i saw a very clean s13 convertible (only came in AT gross) this weekend and reminded me of my s14. I recall that some S13's had a HUD option which was neat.

Live and learn.

Yeah its a slick truck...apparently owned by an elderly person which is why its in great shape? lol. I'm kinda on the look out for a tacoma/frontier/land cruiser/4runner. Something reliable under $10k since it will get put to work, used for camping, hauling stuff from home depot etc.

We will see how it progresses...people want some crazy amount for their 18+ year old beater lol.

Pics of the Miata Stitch job.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
The stitches definitely add character! I would have had to make my Mom do that one to come out that good. Mine would look like a mess. Good job!

Yup...mine had the HUD. It was a fairly advanced car for 1991. I bought it from a friend. It was a loaded coupe with sunroof, hud, etc. Sadly it also had an automatic. I couldn't complain too much. Paid $500 for it after it had an electrical fire. A few bucks worth of wire and solder had it back on the road and I used it as my beater for a few years.

The car I really should have never sold is seen under a car cover. My first car...a 1988 Mustang GT. When sold it still only had 60,xxx miles, was full caged, custom paint job, chassis done, etc. Went 10.30's with a manual and was being converted to an auto to go faster when I finally bailed on it. Should have just stored it for future use. Had a lot of good times in that car.

Last edited by GAFIT; 04-09-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Had to check the photo tags. Those pics were taken on 7/15/2003. The S13 wasn't too rough for being 12 years old I suppose. It just needed some love.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
my bro had a silvia (queen trim) in jland back in the early 90’s. he sold it for $100 to a friend after its 5th yr (?). cars depreciate very fast in jland. lol

since then he’s been driving wagons. i forget which. he wasn’t (or is) a true car guy so..

Old 04-09-2018, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got home drove the GTI in freezing rain/snow. didnt go fast at all so the S04's on there did fine since no accumulation on the ground. car just looks so damn good lowered with them wider 19" OZ's. woot.

anyway, retorqued the lugs, dressed the tires since they are starting to blossom like sakura this time of yr. a few rich coats of dressing will get them back to where it needs to be in no time.. kinda dried from storage.

did a few house chores when i got home, wife and older kid is getting us some fried chicken for supper.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmmm chicken Karaage....yum

Old 04-09-2018, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Hmmmm chicken Karaage....yum
dogdamn.. not so lucky today. my wife makes killer karaage but today she was out at her clients all day so no time.

she's grabbing us some fried chicken from the local deli. they make them fresh and its actually pretty good.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
shinjari nice looking truck. lol’ed at fedex.

mike the chrome base gives it character. considering it’s going to be a classic car might as well give it some bling.
Chrome bases are also the way all the classic J demo cars used the mirrors. I can't break a tradition.

Example: J's demo car

Originally Posted by kenchan
dogdamn.. not so lucky today. my wife makes killer karaage but today she was out at her clients all day so no time.

she's grabbing us some fried chicken from the local deli. they make them fresh and its actually pretty good.
I KIND OF miss fried chicken. Are you a spicy fried chicken fan?

Could do some fried tofu though. Sounds tasty.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
nice pict, mike yah, j's racing. extremely jdm.

actually i cant digest spicy fried anything. i mean i luv the taste but fast forward 5-6hrs and...

mmmm.. i luvs agedashi tofu (fried tofu) its an appetizer i almost always order at my usual j-restaurant. that and gyu-tan shioyaki.. mmmm...

Old 04-09-2018, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
No spicy food? EEK.

Update: Craving fried tofu something fierce thanks to googling agedashi tofu

Old 04-09-2018, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
spicy food is okay. i luv indian food. but not spicy and fried food. i like the taste but i get ill afterwards.

i think you’ll come to like real japanese food.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
alright i think i figured out wat the metallic rattle sound coming from the back of the GK was..

my younger kid mustve pulled up the rear headrest where the plastic bag hangers were and it appears the hard plastic from the cold was making the rattle noise over big bumps. i pushed the headrest back down to pinch it and my wife said there was no noise while driving yesterday. weird.. it sounded more metallic than plastic. at least it wasnt the car this time.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
have a good tuesday everyone!

Old 04-10-2018, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
No rest for me or the Lincoln today. Have a sales meeting in NC at 4 PM. So...drive 4 1/2 hours, have 2 1/2 hour sales meeting, and then drive 4 1/2 hours home.

Should be home about 11 PM. Not too, too bad, but lots of driving. Thank goodness for satellite radio and podcasts.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Mike410b - that J's looks great. That seems similar ot the route you're going....just in red...not yellow haha. I'm going out on a limb here, but guessing you're vegetarian since you dont eat meat?

Kenchan - sucks about no spicy food...its SO good. Glad the GK noise was something simple.

GAFIT - man thats a long day...is your son still with you for that? or he back in school?

Yesterday afternoon got home from work and did some firepit stuff. Worked on the concrete frames/forms some more. Had lettuce wraps for dinner and instead of watching Parks and Rec as usual we watched 'Daddys Home 2'. Was pretty funny, the Walhberg/Ferrel movies like this and 'The Other Guys' are just too funny they have a good banter between them.

Today just work, maybe clean up backyard weeds this afternoon when I get home...who knows.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
Love me some spicy food! All kinds!

Son is back in school. Good for him so he doesn't have to be a part of this trip. He's a good traveler, but I think he'd actually rather be in school than sit in a car all day.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
No rest for me or the Lincoln today. Have a sales meeting in NC at 4 PM. So...drive 4 1/2 hours, have 2 1/2 hour sales meeting, and then drive 4 1/2 hours home.

Should be home about 11 PM. Not too, too bad, but lots of driving. Thank goodness for satellite radio and podcasts.
Love podcasts. Life savers on my commute & trips.

Mike410b - that J's looks great. That seems similar ot the route you're going....just in red...not yellow haha. I'm going out on a limb here, but guessing you're vegetarian since you dont eat meat?
hahah pretty much. I won't be doing a GT wing though, I don't need any attention from police

And yep, dead on. Vegetarian for a bit over a year now.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
wats weird is im okay digesting spicy indian food.. and spicy chinese is also okay.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Love podcasts. Life savers on my commute & trips.

hahah pretty much. I won't be doing a GT wing though, I don't need any attention from police

And yep, dead on. Vegetarian for a bit over a year now.
What was the decision to go that route if you dont mind me asking? I do enjoy vegetarian meals....but love me a good burger/red meat/fish.

Yeah despite the 'funcitonality' I never understood GT wings on street cars...Glad that fad is more or less gone and lots of people are doing the simple/tasteful mods...or its all about stance/max camber...lol.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
What was the decision to go that route if you dont mind me asking? I do enjoy vegetarian meals....but love me a good burger/red meat/fish.

Yeah despite the 'funcitonality' I never understood GT wings on street cars...Glad that fad is more or less gone and lots of people are doing the simple/tasteful mods...or its all about stance/max camber...lol.
My motivation for vegetarian diet was the environmental impact of the meat industry. Stuff like 80% of the deforestation in the Amazon being caused by cattle ranching, the grain used to feed livestock could feed 800 million people, etc. I acknowledge I'm far from a 'green' person, but if I can make a small change for the better of the whole...it is something.

But I'm not one of those sanctimonious vegetarians, I don't care if people eat meat, I made the decision for myself, I don't seek to make it for others. Though more/better vegetarian options at restaurants would be a great thing for plant based folks & meat eaters seeking a change. Even just occasional meat free meals would make a great difference & be healthier for most people.

I love GT wings on street cars (if they fit the car's aesthetic), I'm just in favor of some level of discretion with my own cars. My car is only going to continue to get rowdier visually, so in the end a GT wing would probably just take things a step too far IMO.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?