General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Is the M/T officially dead???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 02:09 PM
You guys are doing it all wrong!

I figured I'd start my own search since no one has responded to my inquiry above. My first search term was "manual transmission cars" and the second hit was;
15 Best Cars With a Manual Transmission and guess what? There's no reference to the Fit! Looks like Mazda CX-5, a Cadillac, and Honda Accord beats out the Fit! Not sure what the criteria was used in judging but I'd like a recount! The only thing I'd like to maybe drive in their article and would be fun, would be the WRX.

Man when I was searching for a car that I wanted, you don't know ........maybe you do, but you don't know how many respondes there were that stated how much fun it was driving a Fit. Having a MT was just icing on the cake.

I'm continuing my search...............

Old 01-26-2018, 05:00 PM
Part of the criteria was fuel economy must be better in the manual version. We know the CVT Fit is better in that regard. I wasn’t surprised to see the Civic and WRX on the list.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Amabento
Part of the criteria was fuel economy must be better in the manual version.
With that in mind, the list is more a list of vehicles that offer poor performing automatics.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by User1
I figured I'd start my own search since no one has responded to my inquiry above.
let me guess.. you're froggie's husband.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by User1
I figured I'd start my own search since no one has responded to my inquiry above. My first search term was "manual transmission cars" and the second hit was;
15 Best Cars With a Manual Transmission and guess what? There's no reference to the Fit! Looks like Mazda CX-5, a Cadillac, and Honda Accord beats out the Fit! Not sure what the criteria was used in judging but I'd like a recount! The only thing I'd like to maybe drive in their article and would be fun, would be the WRX.

Man when I was searching for a car that I wanted, you don't know ........maybe you do, but you don't know how many respondes there were that stated how much fun it was driving a Fit. Having a MT was just icing on the cake.

I'm continuing my search...............
I hate to burst your bubble but the Fit really isn't a fun car to drive. It's a slow, ill handling econobox that's very utilitarian and gets good fuel economy. The class is slow, ill handling econoboxes that get good gas milage. The standout in the class is the Fiesta ST.

I know this because I have both a 2013 WRX that I autocross and 2017 manual transmission Fit that is my daily driver. I routinely race my WRX and am a mid-pack racer in two tough regions (Chicago & Milwaukee) that have many current and past national champions. I've also raced my Fit out of curiosity. When I did it was like bringing a knife to a gunfight against the Fiesta ST, eighth generation Si and Fiat Abarth.

Last edited by Rob H; 01-27-2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added "manual transmission"
Old 01-27-2018, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Rob H
I hate to burst your bubble but the Fit really isn't a fun car to drive. It's a slow, ill handling econobox that's very utilitarian and gets good fuel economy. The class is slow, ill handling econoboxes that get good gas milage. The standout in the class is the Fiesta ST.

I know this because I have both a 2013 WRX that I autocross and 2017 manual transmission Fit that is my daily driver. I routinely race my WRX and am a mid-pack racer in two tough regions (Chicago & Milwaukee) that have many current and past national champions. I've also raced my Fit out of curiosity. When I did it was like bringing a knife to a gunfight against the Fiesta ST, eighth generation Si and Fiat Abarth.
Oh, boy. Fun is subjective. No one claimed the Fit is a good choice for racing. That doesn’t stop the Japanese though... andi it didn’t stop B-spec from the short life it had here. Factory track tune a turbocharged Fit with all the other goodies in/on the FiST, Si and A500 before you draw those comparisons. ‘Cos the Fit raced B-spec against the NA 500 and routinely left it at the rear of the pack. I post as someone who owned the F500 and A500... I know more about those cars than most. The Fit does a better job at proper manual runabout. The A500 is a great track car and is a hoot to own (luv it).

Old 01-27-2018, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Autocrossers, crossfitters, vegans. You never hear the end of it from any of them.

Rob, just giving you grief. No offense intended. Just remember that your WRX is nothing more than a faster, decent handling econobox. It's no Cayman or GTR.

While the Fit is not powerful, it feels much more nimble than any Subaru I've driven, including my old GC 2.5RS. It feels more like a Miata than an Impreza. I've modified suspension (sways, springs, struts, stiffeners) on one of my old Imprezas and put stickier tires on it. It handled much better and flatter than stock but was still heavy feeling by comparison.

I'll take a less powerful, but lighter car any day. Especially a Miata (yes, I'm guilty of never shutting up about how awesome Miatas are). I'm actually quite pleased with how the Fit drives, even with the primitive and budget twist-beam rear. If only it had front and rear double wishbones and rear wheel drive!

Anyway, that's all beside the topic of this thread, lol.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
lol typical loser post.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
I'm with Amabento and sneefy on this subject.

I've owned plenty of more capable cars, but the Fit is a joy to toss around. Granted ours is a GD, but it's not sitting at this house for any reason other then it's fun to drive. It's sitting here with our 532rwhp Mustang, Golf Wolfsburg, and 12 second AWD Lincoln and it's the most fun of them to take for a mountain drive. Maybe not winning any races against real sports cars, but that's not a measure of fun for me.

I've driven lots of subie's and friends have them. I don't find them near as fun to toss around on pavement as a Fit. I find them fun in other ways though. Especially if dirt is involved!

That's why there's so many different types of cars. Everyone has their preferences. Personally, I like them all! Heck, I'm shopping full size trucks because I like them too!

Old 01-27-2018, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
Autocrossers, crossfitters, vegans. You never hear the end of it from any of them.

Rob, just giving you grief. No offense intended. Just remember that your WRX is nothing more than a faster, decent handling econobox. It's no Cayman or GTR.

While the Fit is not powerful, it feels much more nimble than any Subaru I've driven, including my old GC 2.5RS. It feels more like a Miata than an Impreza. I've modified suspension (sways, springs, struts, stiffeners) on one of my old Imprezas and put stickier tires on it. It handled much better and flatter than stock but was still heavy feeling by comparison.

I'll take a less powerful, but lighter car any day. Especially a Miata (yes, I'm guilty of never shutting up about how awesome Miatas are). I'm actually quite pleased with how the Fit drives, even with the primitive and budget twist-beam rear. If only it had front and rear double wishbones and rear wheel drive!

Anyway, that's all beside the topic of this thread, lol.
"These people never stop talking about themselves!!!"

*So he brings them up*

Idiot.

Miata are trash.

Fit is not a special car, at least to drive. It is reasonably fuel efficient & very utilitarian...but that's it. That's all it has got going for it.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Miata are trash.
I'm afraid that every previous and future post you make will have to have an asterisk that you disagree with EVERY SINGLE automotive enthusiast in the entire world.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
lol typical loser post.
Idiot.

Miata are trash.
Ooooh! A couple internet tough guys! Resorting to insults when someone simply disagrees. I wish I were as clever as you guys! But instead I'm just an idiot and a loser.

Opinions vary. As GAFIT said, the anti-Miata opinion is in the extreme minority in the auto enthusiast world and for good reason.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I'm afraid that every previous and future post you make will have to have an asterisk that you disagree with EVERY SINGLE automotive enthusiast in the entire world.
Worst car I've ever owned.

Most overrated car.

Ooooh! A couple internet tough guys! Resorting to insults when someone simply disagrees. I wish I were as clever as you guys! But instead I'm just an idiot and a loser.

Opinions vary. As GAFIT said, the anti-Miata opinion is in the extreme minority in the auto enthusiast world and for good reason.
I called you an idiot for your comment about vegans, crossfit, etc. I don't care about your beliefs about cars, nor do I want you to think I'm a tough guy. I'm not. That said, I'd tell you exactly the same thing in person that I would online.

In the auto enthusiast world, not wearing jean shorts & car t-shirts, not watching Top Gear & disliking guns puts you in the minority too. When it comes to car enthusiasts, the majority of the time it is better to be in the minority.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
I called you an idiot for your comment about vegans, crossfit, etc.
If you read my post, you'll notice I call myself on my own hypocrisy.

I'd tell you exactly the same thing in person that I would online.
So you act this way in real life too? Great. You must be so much fun at parties. Makes me glad to not know you.

When it comes to car enthusiasts, the majority of the time it is better to be in the minority.
As I said in my earlier post, opinions vary. I tend to hate anything trendy or popular myself. Sometimes, however, the majority opinion exists for a good reason.

Last edited by sneefy; 01-27-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member

wasnt being insulting. im just pointing out a typical loser always tries to bring others down to their level saying you suck just as bad. reality is, no.. its just you. again, not insulting. just pointing out the reality.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
wasnt being insulting. im just pointing out a typical loser always tries to bring others down to their level saying you suck just as bad. reality is, no.. its just you. again, not insulting. just pointing out the reality.
Did I tell someone they suck? I think you're reading into things just a wee bit.

No level, no attempt to bring someone down. Just a little bit of perspective. Just pointing out reality, as you seem to be fond of.

Also, if you claim you weren't being insulting, then we have very different definitions of that word.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Did I tell someone they suck? I think you're reading into things just a wee bit.
For the sake of argument, you did kind of tell autocrossers, crossfitters, and vegans that they don't know when to stay quiet.

Guess I just found it funny. Same could be said of fanboy's of any car brand, preppers, or any other passionate hobbyists.

mike and kenchan have a tendency to come off a bit harsh at times. So do I! Guess that's why I enjoy their posts.

Stick around sneefy, I like your style and willingness to contribute/spar in a polite manner.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Worst car I've ever owned.

Most overrated car.
Interesting! I've driven a couple and really enjoyed them. Never bought one because I despise convertibles. Always figured I'd have to buy a hardtop to go along with it which isn't a big deal, but just never owned one. Also not a fan of the lack of power and feared that ownership would lead me down the v8 swap rabbit hole.

The driving position, pedals, shifter, etc all seem really natural and the size is fun.

What did you not enjoy about the experience? Was yours just a basket case or did you not like the driving dynamics?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
For the sake of argument, you did kind of tell autocrossers, crossfitters, and vegans that they don't know when to stay quiet.
I certainly did. And I did my best to make it clear to Rob that I was just giving him grief and was quick to point out my own hypocrisy on that later when I prattled on about Miatas. If one actually read the post, they would (hopefully) see that it was an attempt at humor and friendly ribbing. I'm sure I could have been clearer in that, but I prefer humor to be a bit less obvious. It was obviously lost on some.

mike and kenchan have a tendency to come off a bit harsh at times.
Yeah, I've noticed. I see it as having no filter or decorum. Printed word loses much context that is carried when in person. I'll just say that such posts often exemplify this (linked due to language):

https://www.inquisitr.com/34223/john...ickwad-theory/

Stick around sneefy, I like your style and willingness to contribute/spar in a polite manner.
Thanks. I'm not going anywhere. I take no actual offense from anonymous people on the internet simply because they aren't worth it.

I'll debate politely (try hard to, anyway) all day log with someone with manners and who can do it in a reasonable way. I have absolutely zero respect for people that fit the theory linked above. Worse if they claim to be that way in person. So goes the degradation of society.

Now I'm really off the thread topic.

Last edited by sneefy; 01-28-2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Change embedded image to link due to language
Old 01-27-2018, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Wow! For the first time in 10 years on this board I received a notice of an infraction due to inflammatory language.
I don't see anything inflammatory. You said 'heck' and mentioned fanboys and preppers, lol.

I'm half expecting an infraction due to that image I embedded.

Quick Reply: Is the M/T officially dead???