Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Can we ditch the Honda banners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
Agree on all counts!

#1 Honda, listen up, you would like to sell more Fits, here is the suggestion: advertise www.FitFreak.net on Honda's own website on Fit page!

That will sell you the car!

#2 Now wake up and bring some aftermarket stuff like TRD is doing for your competition - Scion! We would like some Honda HFP OEM coilovers, superchargers, turbos, flashed ECUs,..... and for Christ sake cure for this patethic electronic throttle! Hellloooo, anybody there at Honda!

We know you are reading everything on this site! And while I am at it, how the hell do you design a new car without a focus group including FitFreak?! We are only the largest community on the web!
I hope somebody in power in Japan is reading all this. I hope you fire half of the staff and start all over again.

You got the good thing going and you will screw it up just like you did when you abandoned CRX for Del Sol. That was an insult to all of us CRX owners. I am keeping mine until I die!

Admin's talk to their marketing idiots that got in touch with you for the ads!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 AM
^calling for bitter, party of 1...

Old 08-18-2007, 02:36 PM
well guys...you might see that I've only made three posts since March...what brought me back, oddly enough, was that stupid spam PM.

these ads are what drove me away in the first place. there were so many, especially on the main page, I felt like the entire site was one big ad. I started hunting for alternative Fit sites...and even considered making my own, and my own club, but I don't have the resources currently to do it. I ended up being the mod for a different Fit forum...but it's, well, dead. All I do is delete spam and pray for one new post to read. I guess the admin isn't advertising it very well ~shrug~ meh.

some sites have a donation thing set up...though paypal or whatever else. I definately prefer that to ads. when I was still driving my del Sol, the Sol forum I was a part of did that.

the ads that really get me are the ones in the middle of the board, or in the middle of the thread. the ones on the top and bottom, even the one on the side I can deal with...but I guess having a widescreen resolution, the one on the side may not be as big of a deal with someone who has a regular resolution. it doesn't interfere for me.

Last edited by Shaelyn; 08-18-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Well, it was only a matter of time. Honda got it's foot into the door by putting up the Fit ads. Now they are showing the rest of their car lines. Honda begrudgingly sells the Honda Fit but does not back it with more than 2 second blurs on the television. Our local Honda dealership has only put the Fit in its ad once. Honda's agenda has always been to sell their other lines and let the Fit go it alone. They sure did not keep the Fit ads too long before they showed what they really wanted to do.

Just my opinion!

Cat :x

Old 08-20-2007, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately, it seems this is all falling on deaf ears. In only 20 days, this post has the second highest view count and the highest reply count of any other in the feedback section, but the banners are still here and just as annoying as ever. Obviously, a lot of people were concerend enough to at least check the post out, though many probably didn't post due to figuring it's useless to and things won't change anyway. Again, I don't want ads gone in general, just these crappy Flash ads that get in the way. After all, who is this board for -- its users, or the marketing folks at Honda? Maybe contacting Honda directly might light a fire and get these removed . . .

Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
Well, it was only a matter of time. Honda got it's foot into the door by putting up the Fit ads. Now they are showing the rest of their car lines. Honda begrudgingly sells the Honda Fit but does not back it with more than 2 second blurs on the television. Our local Honda dealership has only put the Fit in its ad once. Honda's agenda has always been to sell their other lines and let the Fit go it alone. They sure did not keep the Fit ads too long before they showed what they really wanted to do.

Just my opinion!

Cat :x
it's all about money. the fit is the cheapest car they have for sale...so why would they try to sell that, when they could try to upsell the well-known civic for more money instead...or others? any other vehicle they have would give them much more profit...so why would they bother with the fit?

yeah it sucks...but what can you do.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
With the stupid banners, i can't connect to this site through my psp when i'm on the road now!!! It SUCK!!

Old 09-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Banned
I have a question for other international members. I have tried everything like signature on and off and show images but I DO NOT SEE THE BANNERS anyone from out of the USA see the banner adds they are talking about??

Old 09-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Does Canada count?

Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 PM
cleanin up all of the banners will attract a lot more fit owners to this site. it looks like a mess sometimes.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Seriously, when are these things coming down??? Look what they do to my screen when I open the page (well, the red is my what my imagination is doing)

Old 09-16-2007, 02:14 AM
banner

nice graphics!!!!

i know it is a bit anoying, but i am sure Honda is putting in a lot of support for the site.....just wish they would use moded out car in the header!!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by davevm
nice graphics!!!!

i know it is a bit anoying, but i am sure Honda is putting in a lot of support for the site.....just wish they would use moded out car in the header!!!!
They can still put in a lot of support, but do it with some consideration for the site's users. It's not entirely Honda's fault either, the responsibility lies with the admins as well, and while we all know bills have to be paid, why do they need to be paid by pissing people off? I've got no complaints about this site whatsoever aside from the Flash banners. I think they put a real blemish on an otherwise very professional site. This thread is now #1 in views and replies in this section, and it's not even 2 mos. old. The admins really need to get a move on about this.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Ok, maybe we can try a bit of good natured gentle persuasion too. I took the liberty of making a banner of my own from Sugarphreak's artwork (simple and to the point ) and posted it in my sig. If you feel the same about the banners post it in your own sig as well and lets start spreading the love. It's hosted w/ my site, and the img link is in my sig, so have at it.

Last edited by Chikubi; 09-17-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Whoo hoo, I am famous!

Old 09-17-2007, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Whoo hoo, I am famous!
Yeah, I didn't think you'd mind. I just hope we're not gonna be the only two.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmmm...maybe I'm the only one that DOESN'T see these ads...or maybe they've been taken down...

very very interesting....

Old 09-18-2007, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm, what browser are you using? Do you have any ad blocking plug-ins or software running? That may be why as the ads are still on the site. Feel lucky you don't see them.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
I have no problem with the ads
They don't get in my way or slow down my PC

[Apex takes cover behind couch]

Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Apex77
I have no problem with the ads
They don't get in my way or slow down my PC

[Apex takes cover behind couch]
No need to hide. It's not so much that they slow the PC down as the pages take longer to load now than before by a fairly noticeable amount. They also screw with the formatting of the site, as well as get in the way of some things like the Search field, etc. They also get in the way when you scroll with a wheelie mouse, too. Ultimately, it not that ads are bad, just that these have a lot of side-effects that aren't necessary.

Quick Reply: Can we ditch the Honda banners?