Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

NEW moderation rules??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
mods are just like crowd control, they dont have a huge part in the fourms. just keep the peace. whats the big deal? id careless who the mods are, they dont change what i post in these fourms so whats the big deal?

Old 06-05-2008, 11:07 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Slimjimx701x
Sorry if I offend someone, but since when this thread is about how crude Claymore is or neg comments, or Superbad?

The point of this thread is about rule changing and "Do moderators now have the ability to spy on members?" What is the point of Moderators or Super Moderators or any member or even anything higher needing the ability to spy on other people? To me it feels too much of an invasion of privacy, and if someone has the ability to read ANY private information it can lead up to an even more serious problem. I do not want people to know what I'm doing.

I can understand the moderators' intentions to regulate and uphold the rules of the forum, but if there are any rule changes isn't it also the job of the moderators to follow though and inform us, the members, about it?

In my opinion, I believe the way how the moderators are handling this issue is not right. In what ways should Claymore be banned in this issue for giving his opinion on what he feels is right and wrong about how he feel about how the moderators handle this? Also, how can anyone with "higher powers" to make a decision based on an assumption without proof?

Maybe this is off topic, but what is the requirements in order to become a moderator? Shouldn't they have some kind of background in fair judgment or decent morals? Because it seems that in order to be a moderator, you must have "x" amount of posts.

Once again, I apologize if this sounds like a personal attack.
To Clear it up, the only ones that can look at other members PMs are the Admins. Us mods CANNOT.

Last edited by JDMchris.com; 06-05-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
i don't understand why claymore was banned. doesn't make sense. so what, you don't like his opinion? click the back button. he brings more knowledge to this site than some of the moderators lol

Old 06-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
i don't understand why claymore was banned. doesn't make sense. so what, you don't like his opinion? click the back button. he brings more knowledge to this site than some of the moderators lol
wow I didnt even see until right now.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:31 AM
You say he brings alot of knowledge. But how many people do you think he turned away from this site with his rudeness and attitude. Im thinking quite alot.

You say if you dont like what he says click the back button, I wish it was that easy. He must not have had any run ins with him. He will fill your PM box with garbage and nonsense, and report every post on the board, to fill up your email Inbox.

And to anyone that thinks being a Moderator is easy, its not. We dont get paid for our time here. We are all volunteers. Remember that.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Banned
Sorry if I offend someone, but since when this thread is about how crude Claymore is or neg comments, or Superbad?

The point of this thread is about rule changing and "Do moderators now have the ability to spy on members?" What is the point of Moderators or Super Moderators or any member or even anything higher needing the ability to spy on other people? To me it feels too much of an invasion of privacy, and if someone has the ability to read ANY private information it can lead up to an even more serious problem. I do not want people to know what I'm doing.

I can understand the moderators' intentions to regulate and uphold the rules of the forum, but if there are any rule changes isn't it also the job of the moderators to follow though and inform us, the members, about it?

In my opinion, I believe the way how the moderators are handling this issue is not right. In what ways should Claymore be banned in this issue for giving his opinion on what he feels is right and wrong about how he feel about how the moderators handle this? Also, how can anyone with "higher powers" to make a decision based on an assumption without proof?

Maybe this is off topic, but what is the requirements in order to become a moderator? Shouldn't they have some kind of background in fair judgment or decent morals? Because it seems that in order to be a moderator, you must have "x" amount of posts.

Once again, I apologize if this sounds like a personal attack.
Very nice post, Jimmy- well said.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ChrisG
You say he brings alot of knowledge. But how many people do you think he turned away from this site with his rudeness and attitude. Im thinking quite alot.

You say if you dont like what he says click the back button, I wish it was that easy. He must not have had any run ins with him. He will fill your PM box with garbage and nonsense, and report every post on the board, to fill up your email Inbox.

And to anyone that thinks being a Moderator is easy, its not. We dont get paid for our time here. We are all volunteers. Remember that.

well put ChrisG

Old 06-05-2008, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
idk, claymore was always cool with me. lol.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Retired Moderator
In my opinion, I believe the way how the moderators are handling this issue is not right. In what ways should Claymore be banned in this issue for giving his opinion on what he feels is right and wrong about how he feel about how the moderators handle this? Also, how can anyone with "higher powers" to make a decision based on an assumption without proof?.
Jimmy you are too under informed to accuse us of "not handling the issue right". We didnt ban him for giving his opinion. We banned him for on going staff harassment, it has gotten out of control lately and staff members do not deserve to deal with his BS everytime we log onto the forum.

Tyler

Old 06-05-2008, 12:51 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
idk, claymore was always cool with me. lol.
look, this situation is not about who is cool and who isnt. its about fair and impartial moderation of fit freak. everyone has had their grievances with one person or another but i trust the mods to make correct decisions. if they make a decision with their emotions, they will pay the price for their actions from the admins by being demoted.

i would not want to be a mod because it is a lose lose situation. you do whats right, and you get crap from the members, you do what the crowd wants you to do and you get crap from the admins. just like police officers, you might have a problem with their authority when you KNOW you are right, but you still have to respect their authority. also you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

to conclude with my opinion, i think some members are taking some things too personally, but i also think the mods should judge/lock threads on content and not character of the member that posted it.
mods=dont be dicks
members=dont be crybabies

Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TOOL
Being a mod has nothing to do with car knowledge for one thing.
Thats bullshit, because I've seen quite a bit of very poor information from a couple mods, and most people who are new to forums in general, or someone who's new to this particular forum is gonig to think that a mod knows what he/she is talking about. So a mod should have a decent knowledge with cars.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Dude im am NOT saying that people without car knowledge should act like they do and give false info. Being young and just getting into the car scene i KNOW i do not know much, i am learning. I do not try to act like i know more then i know, i never give false info that im not sure about.
I HAVE been modding and running forums for 5+ years. They look more for mod expirirnece then car knowledge. They never asked me when they hired me, what kind of car tech do i know. They did ask me what forums i have modded or ran. Thats my point.

Tyler

Old 06-05-2008, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
mods=dont be dicks
mods dicks??? havent seen it on this forum... members being cry babies yes. thats how this thread got started.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Claymore banned? Permabanned?

This day has meaning now!

Old 06-05-2008, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Dude im am NOT saying that people without car knowledge should act like they do and give false info. Being young and just getting into the car scene i KNOW i do not know much, i am learning. I do not try to act like i know more then i know, i never give false info that im not sure about.
I HAVE been modding and running forums for 5+ years. They look more for mod expirirnece then car knowledge. They never asked me when they hired me, what kind of car tech do i know. They did ask me what forums i have modded or ran. Thats my point.

Tyler
you were modding forums when you were 11-12?

Old 06-05-2008, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cojaro
Claymore banned? Permabanned?

This day has meaning now!

Old 06-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
look, this situation is not about who is cool and who isnt. its about fair and impartial moderation of fit freak. everyone has had their grievances with one person or another but i trust the mods to make correct decisions. if they make a decision with their emotions, they will pay the price for their actions from the admins by being demoted.

i would not want to be a mod because it is a lose lose situation. you do whats right, and you get crap from the members, you do what the crowd wants you to do and you get crap from the admins. just like police officers, you might have a problem with their authority when you KNOW you are right, but you still have to respect their authority. also you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

to conclude with my opinion, i think some members are taking some things too personally, but i also think the mods should judge/lock threads on content and not character of the member that posted it.
mods=dont be dicks
Q- "Hey TOOL, why is your avatar a penis?"
A- "Because it's a TOOL!"

Penis, Tool, Dick- what's the difference?

Old 06-05-2008, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman

o.m.g. that just happened

Old 06-05-2008, 06:31 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman

AS PER FORUM RULES:

1) Please respect each other. No Personal Attacks on another member. This includes the use of profanity towards another user.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
o.m.g. that just happened
X2 that was immature