Skunk2 Racing

Skunk2 Racing has been pushing Hondas to go faster and handle better for over a decade. We've applied that experience to our latest project car the "Skunk2 Fit R". As we transformed the Fit into a beast, we developed an aftermarket arsenal for the Fit enthusiast. Our first release is the Skunk2 Lowering Spring but Keep your eyes on us for Fit exhaust, full coilovers and much more... 

Skunk2 Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit4kris
George02,
Is there some sort of wrap for the lower coils on them where they meet the perch? I know a bunch of springs I have installed have had this and if not, or if you didn't install it, then they may be rubbing the perch.

Define "noise". Did you cut the bumpstops when you installed the springs? This could cause a little noise. Post up some info and maybe we all can help.

I did not install these myself, therefore I dont kno wat the problem is? the noise sounds like the scrapping/squeakin noise? and only when I hit dips, or have some! sitting in the back. sorry for the extremely late reply, I will look at the rear coil to see if it is rubbing against anything? but I had thought it was from the top of the coil that pushs up against a rubber or plastic mount?

Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 PM
same here I don't want springs that are to low I plan on putting 17s with the type2 body kit. but I looked at reviews on tanabe and its 1.8/1.3 but thats to low but comments say its really good. skunk2 1.5/1.0 but looking at that black and red fit the black one is low but its okay but red one looked really to low for me to have a bodykit. in my opinion I hate looking stock so I gotta replace the bumpers or get a different lip to change the looks a bit. but can anyone post a picture with 17s with skunk2 springs and bodykit so I can see what it looks like. I see that blue skunk2 car but it prolly on coilovers or something because its on 18s... yikes!!! can some one help ??

Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 PM
wondering about the coilovers ????

Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
any group buys on the lowering springs?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
ur definitely gonna have rubbing issues if your going for a 1.8 drop when u have 17x7 tires

Old 12-26-2007, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Quick question about installing springs. When you install them do you have to get an alignment right afterwards? Sorry for the noob question xD

Old 01-19-2008, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
i picked up these spring along with your ss kit from jhp a few weeks ago. the ss kit came sealed by the product info label but the springs did not. the ss kit also came with instructions but the springs did not. is that right? if so, do you have instructions for them? i feel like such a douche even asking because i've never installed springs myself before and am getting ready to attempt just that, i'm only waiting for a reply back. all i'm unsure about is which ones go where and what side is up? i'm sure it's common sense and i'd figure it out, but shit happens.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by los_creeper
i picked up these spring along with your ss kit from jhp a few weeks ago. the ss kit came sealed by the product info label but the springs did not. the ss kit also came with instructions but the springs did not. is that right? if so, do you have instructions for them? i feel like such a douche even asking because i've never installed springs myself before and am getting ready to attempt just that, i'm only waiting for a reply back. all i'm unsure about is which ones go where and what side is up? i'm sure it's common sense and i'd figure it out, but shit happens.
This should help you out.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chaseerry
This should help you out.
F*CK YEAH!!! thansk a gazillion brah! i'll let you know how it goes on thurs. oh, wait... one last thing; which end of the bump stop do i cut?

Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Do you ship to the UK thank's

Old 02-09-2008, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
ok so, finished the install a couple weeks ago... now i'm a lil puzzled. for the front end having a much more larger gap than the rear when stock, i figured with the 1.5"/1.0" f/r drop would even it out. but now i have a crazy huge gap in the rear. does it matter what which end of the springs i install top or bottom? because i have the labels reading right side up in the rear but upside down in the front cuz we couldn't get the springs to sit flush in the thing that they slide around into, with the printed labels rightside up. maybe i should flip the rears upside down? anyone think that'll solve the mystery of the rear wheel well gap?

Old 02-25-2008, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by los_creeper
ok so, finished the install a couple weeks ago... now i'm a lil puzzled. for the front end having a much more larger gap than the rear when stock, i figured with the 1.5"/1.0" f/r drop would even it out. but now i have a crazy huge gap in the rear. does it matter what which end of the springs i install top or bottom? because i have the labels reading right side up in the rear but upside down in the front cuz we couldn't get the springs to sit flush in the thing that they slide around into, with the printed labels rightside up. maybe i should flip the rears upside down? anyone think that'll solve the mystery of the rear wheel well gap?
I too had to install the front springs with the "Skunk2" print upside down, but the rear with the print right-side up. I do not have a large gap in the rear though. Make sure your rear springs are right side up, by going to this link, and selecting picture # 5.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
I'm about to install the springs, but I just wanna make sure this one more time...

to prevent the axle from pop out, I just need to jack up the brake rotor right?

and, for the front, the Skunk2 Print needs to be upside down?

THanks

Old 03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by diedwater
I'm about to install the springs, but I just wanna make sure this one more time...

to prevent the axle from pop out, I just need to jack up the brake rotor right?

and, for the front, the Skunk2 Print needs to be upside down?

THanks
yes and yes