Fellow Txns

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
San Angelo here. 3 1/2 hours from Austin.

Wife made me choose a Canon Rebel XTi over a Nikkon D50. So we'll have 2 good cameras for photoshooting. That's if I can make it up there!

-Tomi

Old 01-27-2007, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TomiGunz
San Angelo here. 3 1/2 hours from Austin.

Wife made me choose a Canon Rebel XTi over a Nikkon D50. So we'll have 2 good cameras for photoshooting. That's if I can make it up there!

-Tomi
Awww nice nice. How do you like that camera?
It's hard to get a meet going...no one is active in Texas forum haha.

Edit: Well the is a Honda/Acura meet in Austin on the 24th of Feb. So early March or Spring breakish would be a good time for a little meet.

Last edited by em2steve; 01-27-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Love the camera. It's smarter than me. I'm still learning how to use it in manual mode. I want to get a new lens for it cuz the one it came with kinda sucks. but it does the job. I keep finding more things I want to get for my Fit so I put off on the lens. I take the camera everywhere I go. lol.

sliverworm had a meet one time and I didn't make it. Maybe we can do another Austin meet? Or somewhere near..

Old 01-27-2007, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Awww yeah, I heard that lens isn't too good. The D50 kit lens is pretty good, I've been wanting to get a wide angle for awhile now, but keep putting it off for car parts too haha.

Austin would be a good place to meet, just getting people to respond is the hard thing.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
You can get wide angle attachments that are cheap. They'll lower the picture quality just a tad bit but probably not enough to notice. They run about $40 bucks. They attach to your existing lens. I'm no professional photographer so anything cheap that works well will work for me..hehe

Comon people.. lets make a small meet!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm never knew that. I've never found any haha. Where'd you see these at?

Word! Come on Fits, post up! Maybe I can get some 7thgen civics to join us too.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Well I'm in north of Houston in The Woodlands.
So I'm for a meet. Just tell me when and where so i have time to prepare.

I have a an ol' D70 and a assortment of lenses that are itching to be used. hehe

Old 01-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
You can find them all over ebay. they go for around $25+ shipping. they even have Fisheye effect. I'm going to try these lenses just for fun. I know they're cheap but hey!

Old 01-28-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm in Dallas, but I can't go out of the area (no gas money, like everyone else). My boyfriend also has a Cannon XTi that I sometimes play with. He's still learning with it but we already got a new lense.
Anyway - I'd like to meet up with people here in Dallas - if there are any. Where are all the Fits I've seen driving around?

Old 01-28-2007, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Alright, adding more names to the list. This way we know how many people plan on making it out and we can figure out a reasonable date and figure out a decent location for the meet. Shooting for sometime in March.

1. em2steve, san antonio
2. sLiVeRwOrM, austin
3. TomiGunz, san angelo
4. GoFits, houston

Add your name to the list if you want on.

Daraine, just save a couple 10 bucks every now and then until March and you should be set when March rolls around. :]

Old 01-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
March would be the best date. I will let you guys know when I'm comin down to austin for sure. My baby neice's 1st birthday is in March and my wife is asking off a few days so we'll be down there for 3 days I think. I will post a date. Maybe we can meet sometime that same weekend.

-Tomi

Old 01-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
march would be good thats my 90 period at work and i can get days off hopefully.....but if not i can make a weekend trek as long as its on a sunday..

Old 01-28-2007, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome guys, hope this ends up working out. We'll have a lot of camera people too lol.

1. em2steve, san antonio
2. sLiVeRwOrM, austin
3. TomiGunz, san angelo
4. GoFits, houston
5. HFiT USA, houston

Old 01-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
yeah im in hopefully we can schedule a good time for all of us..............i know its off topic but i have a quarter sized hole in my driver side fog light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...oh well air duct for time being

Old 01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by HFit USA
yeah im in hopefully we can schedule a good time for all of us..............i know its off topic but i have a quarter sized hole in my driver side fog light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...oh well air duct for time being

Man, all the highway driving to Austin scares me sometimes cuz I don't want no rock kicking up breaking my shit. 2nd day of owning the car, I already got a rock chip on my fog light mount. I'm thinking about stripping the paint and make it all black.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Ehh - I got a rock chip on my windsheild, and it has now turned into a crack. Part of what I have to save up for.
Anyway, if we're going to Austin, I might be able to make it since there is a small chance (like 10%) that we might move there if my bofriend's company expands. I'd like to see the area. I don't know if I can do it or not.
Gimme a date and I'll see what I can do.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Since we're talking bout a meet here. I'd like to see what your Fit looks like.

I'm looking to drop my fit real soon. I'm still looking for a good set of springs. Probably just gonna fork out money for eibach springs. I want something with good comfortable ride. Don't want that bouncy crap since the roads in Austin is kinda crappy. Especially with all the new constructions they're doing.

Finally the rain stopped so I went out and did a bit of cleaning. Couldn't believe how dirty it was inside. Almost 6k miles and I did my first vacuuming. LOL. I'm sick and missed work but went out and took pictures anyway!

Oh BTW: I have yet to see a Fit in Austin.. Kinda wierd!

Last edited by TomiGunz; 01-28-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Alright, how about we shoot for the 1st or 2nd weekend in March? That way it gives people time to prepare some.

Awwww yeah, I feel you guys with rocks and stuff. Lots of rocks where I live in San Antonio, I have all these chips from rocks and my bumper is scrapped real bad from being lowered and getting pwned by steep hill. But my lip kit's going on soon to cover it up. :]

TomiGunz! 6k miles and first time you've cleaned it out!!! Damn! I clean my civic out once a week haha. Year and half old and looks brand new still.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
What's up all? Start letting my know what's a good date in March, that way I can try and schedule off. Let's start planing early that way it's a good turn-out.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
hey id like to meet you guys but i dont have my fit anymore still kool if i go???? i still have a hatch wagon thingy but now its a monster....saab 92x aero wagon..

Quick Reply: Fellow Txns