D-FW Road Rally: You are invited!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
D-FW Road Rally: You are invited!

Get out your calendar and mark June 20 for a fun drive in the country! It's time for the next SCCA championship roadrally.

There are some neat roads in Collin, Denton, and Grayson Counties, and you can explore them with us on the Rally Without a Name.

Add some good fun at the Texas Roadhouse in McKinney for the awards ceremony, and you have a fun Saturday!

There was a Fit on the Mountain Creek Classic rally last year. If three of you enter, you can form a team to compete with the Mini Team, the last winner of the Team Trophy.

Registration on MotorsportReg.com is ready; you can access it through tinyurl.com/RWN09msr . See the flyer at www.texasscca.org/RWN09flyer1.pdf for rally details.

Please join us! Bring your friends......

Old 05-26-2009, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
If I was still living in the area I wouldn't miss it.... I grew up in a very scenic and hilly with twisty streets part of Oak Cliff and can still remember sports car rallies on the residential streets there.... This was when TR-3s, Bug Eye Sprites and MGs weren't considered vintage cars.... Anderson County would be a wonderfully, beautiful and very scenic area to run a rally through.... Th BMW motor cycle club did it about 14 years ago and Harley and Gold Wing riders are doing rides here during the spring and fall.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If I was still living in the area I wouldn't miss it.... I grew up in a very scenic and hilly with twisty streets part of Oak Cliff and can still remember sports car rallies on the residential streets there....
Which club did you rally with? Mountain Creek Rally Club? Dallas Sports Car Club? Oak Cliff Motor Club? I rallied a TR-4 back then. Send me a pm!

sccarally