Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Welcome to the FitFreak.net Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum

R1 Racing wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up R1 Racing wheels

Hello everyone. I'm a new 2009 Fit Sport owner and I just ordered a set of wheels from R1 Racing. What's unique about this company is that they're currently the only ones offering the wide lip feature for front wheel drive cars. I'm going with the MAXX in a staggered "look" with a 2.0" lip in front and a 3.25" lip in the rear. They offer many choices for a unique look.

R1 RACING WHEELS

Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
Oops

My bad folks. I posted in the wrong forum. Could a moderator please move this to the correct forum? Many thanks.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
I really like this wheel...

But I really wish they had this wheel in 16...it's pretty niiiice!

Old 07-23-2009, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
That is sharp and would look realy good against the Orange Revolution, Taffeta White or Crystal Blac. The wide lip really makes the difference.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
They are very pleasing to the eye and sure to be rugged with the steel outer lip, but wouldn't ad to the performance of your car like a light weight racing wheel does....I noticed that they don't say anything about what the wheels weigh..... Rotating mass and unsprung weight will do a number on a car with as limited amount of power as is available with the Fit.... It will also create extra work load and increase wear and tear on your brakes, steering, suspension, drivetrain components and tires.... Choosing form over function can get increasingly more costly over a period of time..... I am an ancient car guy and I have learned the hard way.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with you on the unsprung weight, Texas Coyote...I just thought they looked nifty ;-)

I've liked Rota Wheels for a while (cheap, good styles, sturdy, light) but of course some will prefer to have the REAL DEAL (I personally can't afford the likes of grams, mugens, ssr, etc).

Old 07-25-2009, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I agree with you on the unsprung weight, Texas Coyote...I just thought they looked nifty ;-)

I've liked Rota Wheels for a while (cheap, good styles, sturdy, light) but of course some will prefer to have the REAL DEAL (I personally can't afford the likes of grams, mugens, ssr, etc).
I think those wheels are beautiful and far nicer to look at than the ones on my car.....It is pretty much stock in appearance except for black Enkei RPF1 15"x7" wheels with stock size tires and a stainless steel exhaust tip... I actually had a kid in a new Tundra with very wicked sounding exhaust want to race me on Palestine street just north of the Taco Bell in Athens. I surprised him........ I am sure he didn't know that there was a super charger available for Fits.....If so the idea of an old man having one on his car never crossed his mind.... I'll bet the kids that are always hanging out at the car wash are still kidding him about what transpired.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
They are very pleasing to the eye and sure to be rugged with the steel outer lip, but wouldn't ad to the performance of your car like a light weight racing wheel does....I noticed that they don't say anything about what the wheels weigh..... Rotating mass and unsprung weight will do a number on a car with as limited amount of power as is available with the Fit.... It will also create extra work load and increase wear and tear on your brakes, steering, suspension, drivetrain components and tires.... Choosing form over function can get increasingly more costly over a period of time..... I am an ancient car guy and I have learned the hard way.
And there's the rub. I'm doing this strictly for looks. Not EVERY car hasto be tracked or modded strictly for performance. Sometimes you just do it for the looks.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
That's cool, I like looking at tastefully appointed cars and the wheels are truly beautiful and I can picture them in black on my wife's car.... Street wheels should be marketed as such ,like Enkei differentiates by listing wheels in categories, there lightest being called racing.... I have to admit to being dissappointed that the only light wheels that I could fit into my budget aren't as stylish as what I'd like to have had.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
I have a 2003 Lexus IS 300 that I purchased new and I have done a TON of mods to it. It only has 23,000 miles and I drive it strictly for pleasure and shows. If I attempted to do to the Fit what I have done to the Lexus, my wife would leave me. Wheels are such an easy and dramatic appearance upgrade.

Here is a link to my Lexus photobucket album...
Pictures by holdamayo - Photobucket

Old 07-27-2009, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I actually had a kid in a new Tundra with very wicked sounding exhaust want to race me on Palestine street just north of the Taco Bell in Athens. I surprised him........
LOL...that's awesome! I know exactly where you're talking about--my roomie works in Athens 2 days a week. Way to go at surprising him! Those punk kids need lessons in humility!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
LOL...that's awesome! I know exactly where you're talking about--my roomie works in Athens 2 days a week. Way to go at surprising him! Those punk kids need lessons in humility!
I read that you lived in Gun Barrel.... That is where I had been that day.... The first time I was there The only business in existence was a bait shop that sold about anything that you needed for a weekend on the lake.... You could actually eat the fish that you caught back then but if you wanted a beer you had to know a bootlegger.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
LOL...that's awesome! It's a lot more booming now. I moved out here because I got a great job--I grew up in Houston. But it's growing on me...we'll see. I think Athens has some really gorgeous parts.

Sorry for the threadjack, LOL.