Guelph to Miami Beach

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Guelph to Miami Beach

Last week I was feeling spontaneous, and decided to drive my Fit to Miami Beach (SoBe=South Beach). I had talked about it with my friends for a while, but unfortunately they all backed out due to work, pets, money, and other commitments. It was a last minute decision for me to go or not. I decided to go anyway, since I don't like missing wicked opportunities. My plan was to leave Wednesday evening, watch the Leafs take on the Panthers on Thursday night (Leafs won 3-2, BTW), enjoy the next 2 days in SoBe, leave Saturday evening, and arrive home Sunday night. Before leaving the oil life was at 15%, so I had it serviced. Everything went as planned, except I missed the start of the game by a couple hours. My credit card was cancelled when I crossed into Florida, and I got busted for speeding by a state trooper near the Everglades. When I got in the Miami area, my car started to sound loud while accelerating, like a metallic rumble. When I arrived in SoBe, I parked it for 2 days without driving it. Miami Beach was incredible. I had a great time swimming in the Atlantic, tanning on the beach, getting tipsy in the clubs, and meeting some cool people. I left at just the right time too, because it just started to rain. I drove the 401/I-75 route, which took me 28 hours (no sleep) there, and 31.5 hours (2 rest breaks in refresh mode) on the way back. I had to drive through a bad snow storm on the way back, and the Fit handled great. It would have been cheaper to fly, but I really got to know my car really well during the trip. I would encourage everyone to take their Fit on a road trip too, you will really appreciate it so much more after you do. I added 5469.7 km's to the ODO, but didn't see one other Fit the whole time. I'm going on some shorter drives this summer to go camping, within Ontario. I think my next big road trip with my Fit will be to check out California, that's the place for me.

Fit in Guelph

Fit in Miami Beach (SoBe - Washington & 3rd)

Old 01-28-2007, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Wow...5469.7km eh? Thats a lotttaaaa kilo's! How many km's you're at now? Anyway, thanks for sharing the experience you had, sucks about the speeding ticket though...

Did you end up finding out what that metallic rumble sound was?

But I always want to go on a road trip too, but thinking about all the stone chips and risks of tickets and stuff kinda scares me.. ahah!