ETA Date?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:21 PM
ETA Date?

Just trying to get an idea of ETA to some of the order times made in Toronto. I'm still waiting for my car and I ordered it on Apr 21. ETA is supposed to be the end of this month but from what I have read it looks to be a few weeks after that.

Are any of you planning on getting compensation for the wait time? I'm going to try to get a locking gas cap.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:26 PM
i ordered mine on may 3rd...they told me is gonna come around the beginning of june...locking gas cap sounds good...i might try for it too...hehe, wat colour/model did u order?

Old 05-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Master FitFreaker
same here as well

Old 05-18-2006, 02:07 AM
I ended up going for the LX trim in Milano Red. I wanted something with power everything but I wasn't too thrilled about the kit that came with the sport. I just figured I would throw in my own alarm for the auto locks and maybe invest in aftermarket rims and kit, if I have enough money to allow it lol.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:29 AM
well patience will pay off...u waited this long 1 or 2 more weeks will just make u realize how special this car is haha...that's how i'm getting thru each day lol...i think sooner or later i gonna need sleeping pills lol

Old 05-24-2006, 11:26 PM
just visit markham honda today and i check with my sales about the arrival date of my blue FIT Sport. And he confirm me that my car will be here beginning of June (i order it on April 14), and i am at the top of the list . He also show me they already have FIT in stock, i saw 2 orange 1 blue 1 black (as i remember ) in their basement, but only 1 of them is sport model. I think these cars are for the ppl who order before me because i saw 1 guy picking up his orange FIT. The sales also said it is hard to get Sport model, so ppl who order a sport model then i think you guys have to wait for longer time

Old 05-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by alatawa
just visit markham honda today and i check with my sales about the arrival date of my blue FIT Sport. And he confirm me that my car will be here beginning of June (i order it on April 14), and i am at the top of the list . He also show me they already have FIT in stock, i saw 2 orange 1 blue 1 black (as i remember ) in their basement, but only 1 of them is sport model. I think these cars are for the ppl who order before me because i saw 1 guy picking up his orange FIT. The sales also said it is hard to get Sport model, so ppl who order a sport model then i think you guys have to wait for longer time
Fit for a Queen here. you ordered mid-april and you're not getting yours until June? eff. I ordered mine the end of April and he said the end of May for arrival...which we knew wouldn't happen..I figured beginning to mid-June...now I'm worried it'll be much later. stupid lying car dealers.

Last edited by Jim2CPU; 05-25-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by alatawa
hey I called Markham Honda and I was told I'd get mine beginning of June too (ordered it on May 3rd) i wonder if we'll get them at the same time...maybe even see each other! hehe
btw who was your salesperson?

Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Ah Ed then you are the lucky one because when i see the list i only see around 5 cars there. So Hope we can pick up the car together

Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Occidio

Are any of you planning on getting compensation for the wait time? I'm going to try to get a locking gas cap.
We're going to try to get some free mats. Since it's completely ridiculous that the car doesn't COME with mats...whatever

Old 05-26-2006, 06:42 PM
The car already comes with the cloth floor mats. If the dealer says otherwise then they are lying!

I did talk with the dealer and ended up getting the all weather floor mats thrown in for the wait. Not bad.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by Occidio
The car already comes with the cloth floor mats. If the dealer says otherwise then they are lying!
They don't have floor mats as standard equipment. They are an option. If they told you otherwhise, shut your trap and be happy you got them for free.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:13 AM
From what I've been told from my salesman all Canadian models should come with them.

My salesman has been with Honda for a long time and knows the president of Honda Canada. He was actually one of the sales people that told Honda Canada during their anual to iclude floor mats with the cars because they were always having to throw them in anyways whenever they sold cars.

I'm pretty sure he wouln't tell me that if it weren't true, I mean, I can't imagine them throwing away money like that. If not then I guess it's a bonus, WOOT!

Old 05-27-2006, 03:11 PM
YAY I ordered mine at the beginning of May, built May 10, and it's IN ALREADY! I couldn't believe it. With all the talk of long waiting time...
I pick it up on Tuesday! We bought it at Henley Honda in St. Catharines...

Old 05-28-2006, 12:25 AM
It seems the automatics are easier to get. I'm happy for you, at least one of us will be enjoying their new car!

Old 05-28-2006, 01:19 AM
ya congrats...my salesperson said he'll have the vin by june...i wonder if it's a good thing or bad...

Old 05-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Fit For A Queen
YAY I ordered mine at the beginning of May, built May 10, and it's IN ALREADY! I couldn't believe it. With all the talk of long waiting time...
I pick it up on Tuesday! We bought it at Henley Honda in St. Catharines...
Are you sure the built date is "May 10"??? it only take 2 weeks to ship to Ontario from Japan???

That is good news to me because my Fit built date is "May 30" according to your how long it take for your Fit to arrive, my Fit should be here mid-June.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:28 AM
Master FitFreaker
I tried different color and different tranny now I'm getting an auto orange one which is not bad cuz I wanted the orange one

Old 05-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by tchen
Are you sure the built date is "May 10"??? it only take 2 weeks to ship to Ontario from Japan???

That is good news to me because my Fit built date is "May 30" according to your how long it take for your Fit to arrive, my Fit should be here mid-June.
Yep, just going on what I was told! I guess it's possible that an orange Fit from an earlier shipment became available? I would say unlikely though...
They can crank those babies out! 2 weeks from build date! Keep buildin' them in Japan, baybee!

Old 06-09-2006, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
What have others' experiences been with ETA from build date to delivery date in Ontario? Is two weeks typical (as in Fit for a Queen's case)? What have you heard from your dealers or actually experienced?

I just ordered my MT BOM Fit on Monday, June 5. The dealer is saying 6 - 8 weeks, but I don't have a build date yet. I'm just wondering what to expect.

Quick Reply: ETA Date?