View Poll Results: What is the best day/time to meet (pick multiple, results are public)
Week night Monday - Thursday
4.88%
Friday evening/night
17.07%
Saturday Morning
9.76%
Saturday Afternoon
31.71%
Saturday Evening
34.15%
Saturday Night
26.83%
Sunday Earlier
7.32%
Sunday (late morning through afternoon)
26.83%
Sunday Later
9.76%
Other
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Just North of Indy Meet - General Day and Time - Poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:10 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Thumbs up Just North of Indy Meet - General Day and Time - Poll

When is the best time to arrange a meet on the North Side of Indy. I live further north but will try to come down for whatever is arranged.

Other points:
- is this a car meet
- or a car and bar meet
- or a Hooter's and maybe cars too meet (ok, bias against)

For a car meet consider any of these (or other options):
- place to park and talk
- place to park, talk and eat
- Park with or without grills to talk and walk and eat

For a car and bar meet - someone enthusiastic about that should arrange and/or post a poll

Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
I've commented about it before and it was met with little enthusiasm, but I still think Cumberland Park would be a decent place to meet.
  • Located in Fishers, which is on the northeast side of Indy. I-69 to Exit 5 (116th Street) east. Turn right on Cumberland (at the am/pm gas station). Straight to the park, entrance is off of 106th. It's probably 1.0-1.5 miles off the interstate.
  • It's mostly parking lot, so....lots of places to park. There is a pavilion of some kind there that we could probably rent out if there was enough interest. I don't know about that, but I'd be willing to check into it.
  • There are a couple of charcoal grills there. Bring charcoal, lighter fluid, and food.
  • The rest of the park is mostly soccer fields. Plenty of room for frisbee, football, etc.
Not sure about the alcohol policy of the park. It may be dry. That said, my house is a hop, skip, and jump away (less than a mile) and we could head over there if folks wanted to have a few beverages.

Granted, there are probably better places out there. This is just one that I know about, and the location is reasonable for folks coming down from Muncie/Anderson as it's at least on the NE side close to the interstate.

Sidenote, any Indy folks into paintball? I have a simple Tippmann 98 setup that I'm not getting as much use out of as I'd like. No, I'm not selling it. I want to get together with some FitFreaks and play...lots of places around, so maybe that could be an additional activity we could add into the day? Maybe meet for paintball somewhere, do some cursory cleanup at my place, then meet everyone else over at the park for the rest of the meet?

-marc

Old 09-21-2008, 04:58 PM
I am located in Bloomington,

how about meeting at downtown Indianapolis?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:56 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Wow - the poll shows a pretty good number of members up for a meet. Any plans on a Saturday or Sunday (see poll results) with enough notice ought to work out! Please don't hesitate to put the plan together and post it- and don't spend too much time on the planning. Public locations are certainly more comfortable.

Post something here and start a new thread with a poll:
- will attend definitely
- plan to attend
- hope to attend
- don't know until I get there
- not able/willing to attend :-(

Be sure to give start (eat) end times along with a location. Include an address that works in mapquest and similar sites if you can (if not hopefully someone else will post it)

Example accomodations- if it's a cookout it would be great to start the charcoal on one grill at a given time. A package of hotdogs with bread or buns for the lazy is a bonus. Everyone who wants something more should bring it themselves.

If you see a cookout posted- volunteer to bring a second grill to light up if needed.

-- Yea I know -- most of you already know this stuff.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I cant come if it is on the coming weekend because i have an exam.
But if it's on next weekend, i can come for sure. =]

let's play go-kart !!!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 PM
I will go to indy to play go-kart with my friends this saturday! =]

Old 10-08-2008, 09:11 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Exclamation It's a fit, why not add bumpers and pull onto the go-kart track

Originally Posted by alexfree05
I cant come if it is on the coming weekend because i have an exam.
But if it's on next weekend, i can come for sure. =]

let's play go-kart !!!
I will go to indy to play go-kart with my friends this saturday! =]
hmm... Be sure to study while you are driving ... oh wait not really

-- seriously though, I like the idea of a meet at a go-kart location especially if there is a place to set up a cook out too. Anyone know of a good place that would approve the meet (maybe even give us a discount on go-karting)

Last edited by sam; 10-08-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
All you damn lurkers. FORTY people voted? I know of maybe five of you who have posted in here before.

Go Karts. Lots of karting places around, but most of them suck. We could probably get party discounts, though.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I used to go to this one =]
Fastimes Homepage

Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Fastimes Homepage
alexfree05 ! that looks great. And it's inside so weather (at least most weather) is not a problem.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Fastimes is also the track that had a death a while back. I don't know that they ever got cleared from that. Hrm.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by DagerOne
Fastimes is also the track that had a death a while back. I don't know that they ever got cleared from that. Hrm.
someone had an accident and died at Feb 2008.

but now it's just fine, we still go there a lot =]

Old 10-19-2008, 03:36 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Cart

someone had an accident and died at Feb 2008.

but now it's just fine, we still go there a lot =]
Sounds like we should let members know that Fastimes does include some risk in the racing - which should be fine for many members. Hey - I whitewater raft and my extended family is involved in competitive racing- so I feel pretty well aware of the risks.

Let me/us know DagerOne if you think there is some additional non-disclosed risk. If it is significant discussion, maybe a separate thread on 'consumer cart racing risks in relation to fit meets'?

alexfree05 - how would we proceed for those interested.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:49 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Thumbs up 3 possible meets- let's actually have them!

DagerOne mentioned a meet at a park - can we pull one off before it gets too cold? Pick a date/time and get this posted!
I've commented about it before and it was met with little enthusiasm, but I still think Cumberland Park would be a decent place to meet.
  • Located in Fishers...off of 106th. It's probably 1.0-1.5 miles off the interstate.
  • It's mostly parking lot, so....lots of places to park. There is a pavilion of some kind there that we could probably rent out if there was enough interest. I don't know about that, but I'd be willing to check into it.
  • There are a couple of charcoal grills there. Bring charcoal, lighter fluid, and food.
  • The rest of the park is mostly soccer fields. Plenty of room for frisbee, football, etc.
-marc
alexfree05 mentioned a meet at an indoor Indy gocart place. It would seem ideal to pick a time during the semester break? (including a note about inherent risk, consent form and 18 years or older to race).
Fastimes Homepage
And DrKelso is hoping people will head up to Chicago in the spring:
Originally Posted by DrKelso
Sweet! I'll bring it up with some of the guys at tomorrow's meet...get some ideas. Would you Indiana folks be interested in a "massive" upper-midwest meet? We could plan it for after winter weather leaves (late march-ish) which would give us TONS of time to set this up. LMK

Old 10-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by sam
Sounds like we should let members know that Fastimes does include some risk in the racing - which should be fine for many members. Hey - I whitewater raft and my extended family is involved in competitive racing- so I feel pretty well aware of the risks.

Let me/us know DagerOne if you think there is some additional non-disclosed risk. If it is significant discussion, maybe a separate thread on 'consumer cart racing risks in relation to fit meets'?

alexfree05 - how would we proceed for those interested.
we can just walk-in and sign-in =]
$22 for 8 minutes. (included $2 for head sock)

If we going to meet on Saturday, we have to go there earlier.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Well, a heads up if folks DO want to get to Fastimes. The local radio station X103FM features Fastimes on their "Half Price Connection" pretty often, and has them available right now:

http://deals.x103.com/cc-common/ddin...5&affiliate_id=

You can get a $50 gift certificate for $25.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
How about a bump...

It's starting to get nice outside again. At this point, I'm almost willing to host a get-together at my house just to meet people and maybe spark some interest amongst Hoosier Fit owners. It's nothing special...I don't have a pool or anything fun like that...in fact, my house is a pretty lousy place to have a meet, but none of the other ideas are panning out.

I still haven't installed my Eibachs yet, so at the very least we'd have SOMETHING to do, and even folks who aren't interested in lowering their cars might learn a thing or two about their suspension.

Thoughts?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:12 PM
sam
Super Moderator
How about a bump...

It's starting to get nice outside again. At this point, I'm almost willing to host a get-together at my house just to meet people and maybe spark some interest amongst Hoosier Fit owners. [...]

Thoughts?
Sounds great to me!