Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Upper Mid-West Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/upper-mid-west-community/)
-   -   Indianapolis? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/upper-mid-west-community/5358-indianapolis.html)

DagerOne 08-20-2007 06:52 PM

'99 Mercury Cougar. The "New Edge Cougar Owners" club is pretty active for a car that was only made for four years. And yes, I realize the Fit is a baby, but it seems like those of us "early adapters" are more the types of folks that get excited by this sort of thing to begin with...no?

t-bone 08-20-2007 07:17 PM

Well, we should have a meet soon. There's a lot more people in Indy with Fits now than when we had our last meet a year ago.

I'm down for most any weekend.

sam 08-21-2007 12:20 AM

Meet sounds sweet

Originally Posted by t-bone (Post 167634)
Well, we should have a meet soon. There's a lot more people in Indy with Fits now than when we had our last meet a year ago.

I'm down for most any weekend.

I'm open for a meet.

gn-it&rn-it 08-21-2007 07:26 AM

OK i tried to PM DagerOne, but the site last night was horrible, i couldnt do anything. Anyways its time for FitFest '07!! How about this weekend, sometime Sat. or Sun. One of the days, i am going to the air show in Mt. Comfort, so whichever day most people cant attend FitFest '07, that will be the day i go do that.
OK my plans: meet somewhere public first ( Shadyside Park, TomWood Honda,etc.) and get to know each other, look at everyones cars, and take lots of pics. After that, we can grab some lunch somewhere. (was thinking Gene's Root Beer drive-in) Or if there are few FitFreaker's who show up, then i can make my killer pulled pork recipe. After that, we can head to my house, and hang out by a fire or something? BYOB of course. what do you guys think?

gn-it&rn-it 08-21-2007 07:36 AM

PM me for all who is interested and able to attend. And let me know which day works best for you, and i'll post who all is coming and set up the time we will all meet!

Hoosier Daddy 08-21-2007 07:50 AM

This Sat. is out for me. It's my son's birthday and my wife and I will be hauling him and his skater friends all over central Indiana. (wish me luck)

Sunday would work. :)

DagerOne 08-21-2007 10:10 AM

Gah...Sunday looks to be the Indy 1500 gun and knife show for me, or at least that's the plan if my Chicago buddy comes down for the show. Even if that falls through, I'd rather do it on a Saturday so (most) folks wouldn't need to work the next day.

I like pulled pork. :) If we're doing lunch, though, I'm not sure a fire will be necessary given the heat in our weather lately.

Actually, what's the forecast this weekend? Are we still expecting rain?

Til_U_Drop 08-21-2007 01:39 PM

It's a little short notice for me too. If we plan something about 2-3 weeks out I can make sure to free up my schedule to be there.

DagerOne 08-21-2007 02:00 PM

Next weekend is out for me. I'll be in South Bend for the ND/GTech game. Go Irish!

gn-it&rn-it 08-21-2007 05:21 PM

they are predicting 85 on Sat. with 40% chance of rain, and 80 on Sun. with 20% chance. The fire is if people still want to hang out in the evening. The heat isnt a problem either, ive had a fire every weekend day for the past two weeks and it was perfect! Next weekend is fine with me too, I just thought we might run into more schedule conflicts considering Labor Day and all;)

gn-it&rn-it 08-21-2007 05:24 PM

So far

1. HoosierDaddy is a possible Sun.
2. DagerOne is preferring Sat.

gn-it&rn-it 08-23-2007 07:33 AM

No one else has showed interest....so no FitFest this weekend:(

Til_U_Drop 08-23-2007 12:59 PM

Let's set a date a little farther out so ppl can free up their schedules. With at least a few weeks notice we should be able to have some better luck.

I know Joe and I talked about another Element meet in Oct. Maybe we could do a meet together.

Swimmer Boy 09-09-2007 04:27 PM

I'd be up for a Fitfest just tell me when. My schedule is not very full.

Swimmer Boy 09-09-2007 04:34 PM

What about October 13th (Saturday) How about at noon? Sound good to

anyone?

t-bone 09-15-2007 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Swimmer Boy (Post 172858)
What about October 13th (Saturday) How about at noon? Sound good to

anyone?

Sounds good to me.

sam 09-16-2007 12:39 AM

Oct 13th around noon - looks good to me.

DagerOne 09-16-2007 08:12 AM

October 13th could be do-able. Any thoughts on what and where?

DagerOne 09-30-2007 02:55 PM

SFTD, but the last post was weeks ago.

This weekend would have been an awesome weekend to have had a meet for me. My wife and kids were gone all weekend, the weather was beautiful, and I did some work on my Fit (installed a bass tube last week and needed to tweak the install this weekend). Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

BTW, I think the whole tube subwoofer setup is a perfect solution for the Fit's sound shortcomings. Install is cake (heh, or would be now that I've tried to do it the hard way and know better) and the DUB8AT like I have is cheap. If someone wants to pick one up and install it at our meet, I'd lend a hand.

t-bone 09-30-2007 08:52 PM

Looks like I won't be able to make it Oct. 13.

I'm going to the Notre Dame vs. Boston College game.

How about this upcoming weekend, Oct. 6 or 7?