Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Upper Mid-West Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/upper-mid-west-community/)
-   -   Indianapolis? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/upper-mid-west-community/5358-indianapolis.html)

glhboy 05-19-2006 04:05 PM

Indianapolis?

Anyone else here? I haven't seen any on the road yet other than my orange sport. Post up!

t-bone 05-19-2006 10:52 PM

I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Hopefully mid-June. :D

gguest 05-20-2006 06:21 AM

I'm up here in Frankfort just south of Lafayette. Welcome!

glhboy 05-20-2006 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by t-bone
I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Hopefully mid-June. :D

cool, where'd you buy from? Honda West had 2 Black Sports in stock, Indy Honda had 1 Red Sport in stock as well.

t-bone 05-21-2006 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by glhboy
cool, where'd you buy from? Honda West had 2 Black Sports in stock, Indy Honda had 1 Red Sport in stock as well.

Well, I just put my deposit down on one. I'm gonna get mine from Indy Honda.

I called all the places around here and none had anymore available so I have to wait until June. :confused:

I'm waiting for a Red Automatic Sport. But I'm already looking at little accessories and mods to get. I have a friend in Thailand so I'm going to see if I can get some goodies from over there. I really like the shifter paddles of the automatic sport. They remind me of my E55. Actually, they look better than the ones on my E55. :D

glhboy 05-21-2006 11:33 AM

Have you tried calling Tom Wood Honda in Anderson. They had a red one available too. I'd keep calling around unless you want to wait. I couldn't wait! lol

t-bone 05-21-2006 11:57 AM

Have you tried calling Tom Wood Honda in Anderson. They had a red one available too. I'd keep calling around unless you want to wait. I couldn't wait! lol

Yeah. I don't think they had any right now. I would have to wait for their next shipment too.

Indy Honda is allowing me to get the car with no accessories. I'm getting them on my own since it will allow me to save a little bit of money.

Do you recommend I get the mud guards or the heater block? I'm getting the all-season floor mats for sure.

glhboy 05-21-2006 06:55 PM

I didn't get either. I did buy the all-season mats though, that is a must have for this car.

dougiepants 05-22-2006 10:32 PM

I'm only 3 hours from you guys... I'm heading over for F1 in July if you all wanna meet up...

Berto 05-22-2006 11:25 PM

i'm moving to franklin at the end of June hope to see u guys around

glhboy 05-23-2006 03:53 PM

Cool, I live close to the Indy 500 track, let me know when you come over. Franklin isn't too far south of Indy either. We could have a little get together sometime!

t-bone 05-24-2006 12:37 AM

Looks like I might be getting one sooner. :)

Hopefully Tuesday. :D

I'm always down for a get together too. Especially with this nice weather we're having.

big Fit 05-24-2006 01:04 AM

How do you think the fit will hold up in your area? Snow and roads being treated with chemicals.... Heat cold. tornados He He. Seriously tho? I know that the elements are hard on cars in IN.

glhboy 05-25-2006 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by big Fit
How do you think the fit will hold up in your area? Snow and roads being treated with chemicals.... Heat cold. tornados He He. Seriously tho? I know that the elements are hard on cars in IN.

garages are nice.

t-bone 05-30-2006 08:47 PM

I got it today. :D

So nice and fun to drive. I drove it back from Terre Haute to Fishers.

Not a whole lot of power, but that was expected. Handling was a little better than I thought it would be. I'm not too confident in the corners yet though.

I tried out the paddle shifters and it was lots of fun to use.

I'm keeping this little guy for a long time. :)

Anyone around here want to meet up, just let me know.

glhboy 06-01-2006 05:35 PM

I got it today. :D

So nice and fun to drive. I drove it back from Terre Haute to Fishers.

Not a whole lot of power, but that was expected. Handling was a little better than I thought it would be. I'm not too confident in the corners yet though.

I tried out the paddle shifters and it was lots of fun to use.

I'm keeping this little guy for a long time. :)

Anyone around here want to meet up, just let me know.

what color did you get?

t-bone 06-01-2006 05:37 PM

what color did you get?

Milano Red. :D

glhboy 06-01-2006 05:44 PM

good color. Mine is orange. Got 5% tint on it 2 weeks ago. Fun to drive.

t-bone 06-01-2006 05:45 PM

good color. Mine is orange. Got 5% tint on it 2 weeks ago. Fun to drive.

Oooo.... where did you get your tint done?

I've been thinking about doing it, but don't know where to go. Do you have any places you can recommend?

glhboy 06-01-2006 06:27 PM

Oooo.... where did you get your tint done?

I've been thinking about doing it, but don't know where to go. Do you have any places you can recommend?

Tint King on Pendleton Pike on the east side. I have had probably 15 cars done by him. Very good work. His name is Chris, 254-8468. Tell him Chris, the guy with all the cars sent you.