Utah Fits! SCCA (come join)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
170 for the day thats for 4 20 min races and an instructor (required until they sign you off as a decent driver)

you need an approved helmet see first couple posts for scca info

Old 01-18-2010, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
the most fun 170 bucks can buy.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:30 PM
i love college
plus a new set of tires for me hahahaha

Old 01-19-2010, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
plus a new set of tires for me hahahaha
and that ever important kraftwerks supercharger

Old 01-19-2010, 12:06 PM
i love college
we'll see....

Old 07-12-2010, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
this saturday is PDX at miller's for all of you that wanna lap your car, slow or fast you will never have more fun i promise and it's somewhat cheap
you need a helmet and a car and 175 dollars
we get 4 / 20 min+ races and an instructor (only till they think you know what your doing)
this is the reply i got back from the main guy on the scca forum

Steve, we'd love to have you out, here is the info for the event.

Saturday is the beginner Day, I'd recommend You and your friend have an instructor for at least the morning since you're in different cars, and it's been a while.

Online registration will now allow you to register now, but pay the morning of the event!

Please register in advance, especially since I need to find instructors as it greatly helps me get the right number.

Thanks for your interest, and for spreading the word!

Dave Kizerian

so hit me up if you cant figure out how to register and plan on a killer day of racing, there will be professional photographers on site and shooting and you can buy thier pics the next week off the internet too

here is the registration link
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/84888C1A-C558-3128-2B999B01A3EAD807

p.s. i will have both my cars out there (female friend will be driving the fit)

Last edited by vtecfit1; 07-15-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
it's OFFICIAL both my cars will be on the track. myself in the CRX, and Keighla in my FIT - if you want to race you can still register online at the link in the last thread (as i just registered keighla)
i promise it is worth 175 dollars and you will have pictures to show off like this one from last year

or this one of jared

come on guys register or show up at the track on saturday at 7:00am with money and a snell 95 or newer helmet and try to beat me or keighla she's raced her SS slowbalt lots of times in the 1/4 mile but never tracked a car, so it'll be fun

Old 07-20-2010, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
well it's over and all the fun was definatly worth 175 bucks, i haven't seen as good of pictures as last year but here are a fewi've finaggled (sp) from people that didn't want money - i would have paid for better pics and hopefully i'll find more!

here is the FIT and patrick (keepitpg) right behind her in his 350Z

the FIT being chased down by a corvette (friend driving my fit as i was driving the crx (next few pics)

these pics were taken with my iphone in an app called timelapser - it took a pic every 5 seconds for 20 min and these were some i picked out, i was driving my CRX and keeping up was no problem until the temps started to creep up on me and i had to take it easy for a lap to get them to come back down. i tried to catch patrick (keepitpg) but he started ahead of me and once your 20 seconds or so behind someone it's hard to make that up when your cars are pretty equal (patrick's 350z is NA w about 265hp to the wheels)(my crx is putting 205hp to the ground on pumpgas @ 7psi)

this is some camera contraption that was hanging above the start/finish line filming us, word is they are gonna make a promo video for the track - so maybe the fit will be in it - s w e e t

well here is the love of my life i've owned her for 14+ years and can finally say, i've tracked her, i need to get a CAI on her and a front under spoiler/splitter to direct the air thru the radiator better, then turn up the boost on racefuel and show the corvettes and sti's what's up (right now on 91oct pump gas = 205hp @7psi)(two years ago on E85 = 324hp @ 17psi) but i screwed up and over boosted her back then and blew a headgasket the day of the timeattack
anyway IF YOU DIDN'T COME OUT YOU MISSED OUT, BUT ON AUG08 there is a lap battle at millers and for just 125 dollars you get as much seat time and the entire front straightaway as they are rinning the outer loop this time - need info JUST PM ME

Old 06-10-2011, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
July 16th & 17th 2011 lap battle - check the website

lapbattle.com

i will be racing for sure on sunday's open track day!!!!! Patrick and jared say they will be there too, if you need any qiestions answered just as here or call me. If you need parts or tires, or mechanic work done don't hesitate!!!!

Keep an eye here for more info

Old 06-10-2011, 06:34 PM
i love college
I will be there Sunday for sure. Working on competing in the Time Attack Saturday also. I already ordered my track brake pads, tune is in the mail and on it's way. Then to order some slicks and work on the potential sponsors to get me some SS brake lines and/or cover the entrance fee haha. We'll see what happens.

And for all those thinking about doing this, you don't have to go all out like me. Last year in my 350z, I drove a COMPLETELY stock car and had a blast. Two years ago in the fit, all I had was an exhaust, intake, and lowering springs.... AND STILL HAD A BLAST. So post if you wanna join us and see what your car can do.

Last edited by keepitpg; 06-10-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Alright everybody (lol all three of you) it's exactly 4 weeks from today, Sunday is the open track day (Saturday is lap battle) it costs 125.00 for four 20 min sessions, this time it will be on the east track and in my opinion it the better of the two, its 2.4 miles of fast corners and even faster straightaways - no cones here my friends!!! This is the real deal and trust me it is a steal at this price.
You must have an approved helmet, if you don't have one you can rent one at the cart shop out there for 10 dollars, i cant stress enough how much fun this is, even in our low horsepower fit's it is seriously a freaking blast, trust me you have no idea how good these fits are in the twisties until you've put it on a real track, I'm securing a photographer for the day so there will be plenty of good pics to help you remember "the day you stepped out of your shell and let off a little steam" <-- to put it politely
and last but not least - post up any questions or concerns

Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 PM
i love college
Saturday is 175 and that includes a transponder to record your times. And helmets are 25 from the cart center.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
July 16th & 17th 2011 lap battle - check the website

lapbattle.com

i will be racing for sure on sunday's open track day!!!!! Patrick and jared say they will be there too, if you need any qiestions answered just ask here or call me. If you need parts or tires, or mechanic work done don't hesitate!!!!

Keep an eye here for more info
yeah what i said - LOL

Old 07-19-2011, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
pics from last weekend, not of fits but fit owners! (other cars)

vtecfit1's CRX
sponsored by squashair.com ( the best smelling air freshener ever) if you doesnt see enough sales from utah (or an increase in general) he's cutting my funds off - so please check out his website!!!

also sponsored by import auto performance - 552 w 3650 s (billinis rd.) 801-268-4471
this guy is the most honest mechanic i know and loves hondas (almost as much as i do) he will treat you fair and won't sell you something you don't need - I PROMISE!

As you can see i have a gopro mounted reverse and will post a video as soon as i can edit it and make it worth while

here is patricks (keepitpg) 350Z (it's his only car - sold his fit)

he's also backing up import auto performance - they treat people right and it's an honor to run the name on the car!
he is sponsored by assaulttech.com also and i'd encourage anyone looking for aftermarket parts to check these TWO vendors (assaulttech.com, and locally import auto performance -801.268.4471

his cool ass decals on his wheel well arches

more pics later and remember to click the links and come out next month

thanks for looking
and when you pick up a squash air (many many other flavors too, and hello kitty stuff for the girls in your life) send him a little note saying WILSON sent you!!! he might throw a little something else in for you

Last edited by vtecfit1; 07-19-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
ILL POST pics tonight of the weekend, i encourage all to come out next month and drive whatever it is you drive (fit or not) it's a blast and i might even be able to work a special pricing discount if you don't wanna run all day (pm me)

Old 07-23-2011, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
the next "open track day" is AUG 21, and i got verification that jared (blazeorangefittuner) will be racing his fit, and i myself will most likely be racing my fit, in antisipation of running the crx a month later wheb the whole course will be utilized
here a few pics from the 17th

patrick warming up his tires - lol

front and rear camera view

partick hit oil from another 350Z and spun out - no harm done

traffic jam

more later

Old 09-11-2011, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
ok stagnent SCCA fourm - one week til the next open track day 09/18/2011
i put the K1's on the fit for the track
SO WHO'S GOING TO M A N UP AND COME RACE?
here's a little pic

Last edited by vtecfit1; 09-11-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
I'm in for this weekend.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
well it's over for today, here are two pics, i'll post videos in a week or so
NEXT TRACK DAY IS 10-03-11 AND IS THE ENTIRE 5 MILE TRACK - FOUR 20MINUTE SESSIONS FOR $99 DOLLARS = THIS IS UNHEARD OF AND AN INSANE PRICE! - so don't miss this one too!!!!!!!!!

notice the camera's on both cars - great views

Old 09-21-2011, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
video up on next page

Quick Reply: Utah Fits! SCCA (come join)