The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

Moola.com invites

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Moola.com invites

Soooo I have like 96 of these puppies stored up today. Anyone interested in joining?

I'll send out a batch close to 3pm PST so when you sign up, you're given $0.32 to play with.

If you're curious as to what Moola is just check out their website:

Moola.com

It's basically a bunch of tournaments where you try and double your money.

Just shoot me a PM with your email or say you want an invite and I'll PM you.

Does anyone else play this?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I don't think giving them my email address is worth $0.32

Old 11-06-2007, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
I don't think giving them my email address is worth $0.32
meh I haven't noticed any increase in spam yet. The way they generate money is through 30 second ads you have to watch before you play a game.

*shrug*

Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
1st batch of invites sent out. =)

Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Why is this in SOCAL section??? Better yet... how is this not spam? You're a mod on this forum... you should know better...

Old 11-06-2007, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JackBurton
Why is this in SOCAL section??? Better yet... how is this not spam? You're a mod on this forum... you should know better...
because I'm offering this to my buddies and friends here in the SoCal section before I posted anything over in the OT forum.

And spam is usually postings from people who only join a forum to promote a certain site and are never heard from again. I have been an active contributor to this site for a long while and will to continue to help out on the board despite not owning a Fit.

Second, the sites that are usually advertised require some type of purchase or phish for info for fradulent purposes. This site requires neither. Money is generated through advertisements through players and not from purchases made in the site.

Third, this is by invitation only and isn't available to the general public so it's not like people can "accidentally" register. In addition to this, registering to the site does not increase the amount of spam mail that is sent to the registering email address.

Fourth, threads like this have popped up on several large forums and you are the first person I have seen to cry "Spam".

That being said, I can see the objections you raise regarding the location of this post. However like I said before I wanted to put this in a section I know my friends on the board will see.

any other questions?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Retired Moderator
What is this? It does seem a bit spam like...But i know you wouldnt spam here.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
ok maybe I should've given a clearer explanation to the site.

Moola.com is a site in beta testing which pits people in tournaments against one another for various amounts of money. So far the legality of this site hasn't been a question since many people across the country already have cashed out checks for hundreds of dollars.

It's an invite only site at the moment though. I have a group of friends that have been playing and there is a large discussion that started over on Honda-Tech about the site along with playing tips, strategies, and general discussion about the game.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by dacalac
any other questions?
Questions? nope.. all good here man... enjoy your advertisements!

Old 11-06-2007, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
And yes I know better than to post spam here. If I thought this was spam I wouldn't post it.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Retired Moderator
So pretty much its a gambeling(SP?) website?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
So pretty much its a gambeling(SP?) website?
pretty much except you never have to use your own money. They give you your first cent (well case of this invite event $0.32) and you keep on trying to double it.

Should you lose it all, they'll give you another cent to start with. Members are able to cash out at any time and usually receive checks in a few weeks.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Retired Moderator
So its impossible to loose money?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
So its impossible to lose money?
correct. You're always gambling with the websites money. There is a store there where you can make purchases and they'll give you cashback towards your account but it's not mandatory.

You can even win by doing searches through their website (which is powered by google).

Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Thats pretty cool man, you have to 18 though right lol?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Thats pretty cool man, you have to 18 though right lol?
Taken from the site:

"MINORS - The minimum age for participation is 13 years old. All users who are minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside (generally under the age of 18) must have the permission of, and be directly supervised by, their parent or guardian to use the website. If you are a minor, you must have your parent or guardian read and agree to the Terms of Use (link located on the footer bar on every page of this website) prior to you using the website."

Old 11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Retired Moderator
That makes sense...Thanks for all the info man!

Old 11-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Banned
SPAM From a Mod what a joke no matter how you try to deny it this is SPAM ROFLMAO

Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by claymore
SPAM From a Mod what a joke no matter how you try to deny it this is SPAM ROFLMAO
I have to agree, this shouldnt be on the forum..

Try advertising somewhere else dacalac...

Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Give dacalac the benefit of the doubt that the link was not intended to be spam. I have moved it to the wasteland because it is off topic. If he had one or two posts and they were all directing me to buy new shoes at great prices, then that would be a different story ... The quality of the site is high, and it appears they are using java for their development... not typical for most spammers.

You probably won't get penis enlargment emails by signing up, but I would use my secondary (spam bucket email) because I bet you will be opting-in for something.

Quick Reply: Moola.com invites