Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   The Wasteland (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/wasteland/)
-   -   WTF is up with all the ricers!! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/wasteland/61949-wtf-up-all-ricers.html)

DiamondStarMonsters 01-17-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Slowbros (Post 952694)
You had motons for driving in a straight line? seems like a waste

For what I want from the car I don't need to torque at 1500 rpm I want it up in the rev range....

See you assume too much and know too little, the 2G was a road course car that was also a DD. :D

So, you want a short steep power curve useful on dynos, straightlines and nowhere else? Auto-X, Circuit and street cars need a wide flat power band. So you can drop into almost any part of any gear and get going.

You are proposing a recipe for a real dog on the street or circuit. Besides B- and K-series sound like chainsaws NA, you have to rev them to the moon to make decent power, and at the sacrifice of torque, which is what makes for streetable power.

So instead if you match your turbo properly, you can have your power start to come on around 3-4k and on a properly built B/K you can then wind it out to 9-10k, and have 6-7k of usable power.

As opposed to just starting to climb the hill at 5-6k, peak at 7-8k and if your lucky be able to fill and evacuate the cylinders efficiently enough to hold it till 9-10k.

2-3k power band is pretty lame when you only make 300whp/215wtq on your fart-canned NA lol

And if you see full spool at 3K like Lyon, you aren't getting your torque off idle.

You just make this shit up as you go huh? :rotfl:

My current 1G is the Standing mile car. Which is also street legal.

This is why you turbo a small 4cyl:
http://www.dsmlink.com/forums/attach...1&d=1289390074

Texas Coyote 01-17-2011 05:49 PM

If anything sloblo said was credible I might have allowed myself to by offended by his insult...And to think that at one point in time I was coaching him on on how to pursue girls.

DiamondStarMonsters 01-17-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 952722)
If anything sloblo said was credible I might have allowed myself to by offended by his insult...And to think that at one point in time I was coaching him on on how to pursue girls.

It doesn't really upset me either, it's like the 15 year olds around the neighborhood who want to look smart in front of their friends about everything, even when they are completely clueless.

"Well turbos lag you know! Oh that one spools fast you say? What a waste that turbo is too small!"

"I like throttle response, but i don't want torque down low!"

"You only go in straight lines! I want all my power at the top of the rev range because I like to take corners"
But because this is the internet I can laugh at him and not feel bad. Then he will claim he was just trolling, and somehow that is something to be proud of.

There have been a couple points, in this thread as well where I though he could be reasonable or have decent discourse with but then he just rambles on about crap like this where he is clearly out of his element.

What makes this so much sadder is that Slow and I are probably very close in age. What a difference a bit of experience and education make.. :rotfl:

Slowbros 01-17-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 952722)
And to think that at one point in time I was coaching him on on how to pursue girls.

Ummmmm. No.

DiamondStarMonsters 01-17-2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Slowbros (Post 952758)
Ummmmm. No.

Haha, if your game is anything like you automotive knowledge you need all the help you can get.

And I think a vietnam marine would be well versed in getting some trim under any conditions.. ;)

score04w 01-17-2011 08:04 PM

oh snap. shit just got real.

Slowbros 01-17-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 952764)
Haha, if your game is anything like you automotive knowledge you need all the help you can get.

And I think a vietnam marine would be well versed in getting some trim under any conditions.. ;)

$5 sucky
$15 me love you long time?

Texas Coyote 01-17-2011 09:45 PM

It was hard to get anything but killed where I was back then.

DiamondStarMonsters 01-17-2011 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 952802)
It was hard to get anything but killed where I was back then.

I think there are few people in my generation who can understand that sort of situation.

And unfortunately, a couple of my friends on their all-expenses-paid "vacation" in the middle east are among them :(

Texas Coyote 01-17-2011 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 952824)
I think there are few people in my generation who can understand that sort of situation.

And unfortunately, a couple of my friends on their all-expenses-paid "vacation" in the middle east are among them :(

Yep. I started an email to a gal that had inquired about her uncle who was a friend of mine.... He was hit by an RPG one morning as the company was exiting the jungle and moving on to what had been the KheSan combat base.. I was in Sidney at the time on R&R that had been his but he decided he would wait until later to go.... I guess I'll tell her that too.

DiamondStarMonsters 01-17-2011 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 952837)
Yep. I started an email to a gal that had inquired about her uncle who was a friend of mine.... He was hit by an RPG one morning as the company was exiting the jungle and moving on to what had been the KheSan combat base.. I was in Sidney at the time on R&R that had been his but he decided he would wait until later to go.... I guess I'll tell her that too.

:eek: Goddamn. That is fucking brutal.

My sisters BF was a POW guard in Fallujah on his last tour. He would tell me about how they would bring these guys in on stretchers still swearing and calling them infidels and pigs even after catching 8 or 9 5.56mm ball Nato rounds.

I have a friend missing a leg from a roadside bomb, and he is all sorts of mentally damaged too, though some of that is probably from the blast overpressure :mad:

On a more positive note... how was Sidney (AUS?) :)

Texas Coyote 01-17-2011 11:03 PM

Every body I have seen that has been over in that crap is screwed up and the ones I have seen that say otherwise is in denial about it just like so many of us were... I was 19 when I got out and drinking 1/2 a case of Shlitz malt liquor every night, 16 oz cans... I was paid $165 a month to direct air strikes, resupply and medevacs...I'm going to try and send a link about one of the operations with some online comments and interaction between the guys on it... I'm the one that was in the bunker that was destroyed by a rocket and Mike (Tank) is the guy I told you about.

DiamondStarMonsters 01-17-2011 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 952842)
Every body I have seen that has been over in that crap is screwed up and the ones I have seen that say otherwise is in denial about it just like so many of us were... I was 19 when I got out and drinking 1/2 a case of Shlitz malt liquor every night, 16 oz cans... I was paid $165 a month to direct air strikes, resupply and medevacs...I'm going to try and send a link about one of the operations with some online comments and interaction between the guys on it... I'm the one that was in the bunker that was destroyed by a rocket and Mike (Tank) is the guy I told you about.

Just got your PM :)

hayden 01-17-2011 11:30 PM

Suddenly, fake wheels and what's rice or not just became irrelevant. Good to zoom out and see a bigger picture about life, and what's meaningful.

hayden 01-17-2011 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad] (Post 952498)
Elite ricers who are able to look down on other ricers who don't have enough money to conform to the most recent wheel trends.

a.k.a. - ricists

Texas Coyote 01-18-2011 12:41 AM

Ricist.... That works for me. I could have been one of those but there were things more important than bling and making a fashion statement on my mind when I purchased my little clown car I have spent a bunch and wrenched a lot more but it only shows when I step on the gas.

DiamondStarMonsters 01-18-2011 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by hayden (Post 952860)
a.k.a. - ricists

Awesome! :rotfl::rotfl:

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 952884)
Ricist.... That works for me. I could have been one of those but there were things more important than bling and making a fashion statement on my mind when I purchased my little clown car I have spent a bunch and wrenched a lot more but it only shows when I step on the gas.

I still have to make the trip down and see this thing sometime, then we can go meet hayden for a track day and some beers :wavey:

hayden 01-18-2011 01:22 AM

Right. On.

Texas Coyote 01-18-2011 01:30 AM

I might be able to swing on down that way on Thursday since I will be in Temple for a medical appointment. Whatcha think Hayden... How far are you from there?

hayden 01-18-2011 11:56 AM

I'm on the south side, so it may be quite a detour, and I'm really busy this week. Check with me then if you think you can still make it though, as I might have a slot of time.

Also, the swifts should be here any day (seems like there was a bit of demand for them, and a new order had to be placed to Japan) and I will need some space and tools to install them, so maybe I could come visit then? You're welcome by any time you're in Austin though!