The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:13 PM
You know what really grinds my gears?

Every new Subaru looks like it belongs stuffed inside a training bra. Why would anyone want to drive a car that looks so much like boob? And what the hell is up with the sound of that Boxer engine? I can't tell whether it's a WRX or a Pod Racer from Star Wars going by. Anybody watch the Top Gear review of the STI? It took them an hour just to figure out how to drive the stupid thing.

What is the recent obsession with the super expensive wheels packages; Work, Volk, SSR, BBS, etc? Is it really necessary to put a set of wheels and tires on your car that equate to almost half the vehicle's value? There used to be a time when you could get a set of 17 inch wheels and tires for around $600, and nobody really cared what brand they were because they were still better than the stock wheels. Now you can't even consider building a show car without setting aside a $3000 budget for wheels and tires.

Honda is so damn green now it makes me sick. Yeah, we all know how important it is to save the environment, but at what cost to their loyal enthusiasts? The sportiest car in their line-up can't even do 0-60 in under 8 seconds, and it shares the same engine as their entry level sport compact grocery-getter. How is it that the same company that gave us the CRX, NSX and the S2000 can't offer us anything better than an Si coupe? And we are supposed to be happy that they are selling Mugen at the dealerships? Who the fuck wants to spend $80 on a shift knob? Not this guy...

Stop telling people they need to lower their car when they post pictures of their new wheels. Fender gaps are not these mysterious creatures only noticeable by people with coilovers. It's usually pretty obvious when someone needs to have their car lowered.

Volkswagen owners can't seem to get past this whole "stance" movement. It was cool 10 years ago when people were making a statement to the ridiculous laws in place in Europe. But now every single VW out there is sitting on bags with negative offset and rolled fenders. It's played out! Have these VW fan boys forgotten that an entire race series was recently dedicated to the turbo-diesel Jetta? That car has so much potential and you hardly ever see them! Race always trumps rice.

The term "ricer" is extremely subjective by today's standards, so don't expect people to know what you mean when you start throwing the term around.

Has Nissan decided to completely ignore that fact that people are scouring the planet for any 240sx they can can get their hands on? Sure, the 370Z is a great car if you are one of the lucky few that can afford a car over $30,000. (And those people usually buy Evo's.) I'm just wondering when Nissan, or any car company for that matter, is going to realize that there is a strong demand for a RWD front engine sports coupe for under $20,000. Give it a turbo 4 cyl with over 200hp and you'll have a whole new generation of grass-roots racers/drifters.

Anyone read the latest issue of Super Street? I believe it was the January 2011 issue. They are trying this new segment where they travel to different parts of the country and photograph some nice rides from where ever they stop. The first area to be featured was Atlanta, and as I'm flipping through the pages reading the info about the owners, I'm noticing a trend in their ages; 21, 23, 24, and so on... Anybody care to explain to me how someone that is 22 years old can afford a fully built time attack Evo, as well as a VIP GS Lexus? I'm going to fly the hater flag for a moment here and say that I think it is extremely retarded to feature a car that has had all its build funds come from daddy's wallet.

Where the fuck has Toyota been for the past 15 years? We get it, the Prius was a success... Now give us something worth driving!

I test drove a Chevy Camaro when my Fit was getting the oil changed the other day. What a shit box! You can't even see out of the damn thing. It shifts like a Mack truck and you feel every single bump in the road. There's a reason why we let those V8 monstrosities die in the 1970's... You don't need to have a 5.7 Liter engine to go fast! I look forward to the day when these rumbling pieces of crap are off the road for good.

Can someone please let my local wholesalers and private sellers know that their rust bucket CRX is not worth $5000. Honestly, I have been trying to find a good time attack car to start building this winter, but everyone seems to think their early 90's Honda or Acura is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I actually went to visit a guy who had an EG Civic DX for sale for $3000. The car had 215,000 on the motor, but I didn't care I only wanted the shell. I got there and the guy told me he upped his price to $4500 because his son told him how rare the car was. I laughed and drove away...

A roof rack that's only used for show is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

The whole "sticker" craze is really lame as well. 99% of the people who see the stickers on your car have no idea what they mean. If you've ever put a company's sticker on your car, but didn't own any of their parts, you might be a fapster.

People still seem to think that the Fit can be fast with just an intake and exhaust. Every week there are 5 new posts on here with people asking how to improve the hp on their GE8. Let me say this loud and proud... DON'T EXPECT TO WIN ANY RACES WITHOUT A TURBO OR ENGINE SWAP. The support for the L15 is all going to the CR-Z right now, and the Fit's computer does not respond well to bolt on parts. Upgrading your brakes and suspension components is the best way to improve your time attack or super lap results. If you own a GE8, you should not be drag racing anything...

Last edited by 2Legit2Fit; 01-15-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Legit2Fit
Every new Subaru looks like it belongs stuffed inside a training bra. Why would anyone want to drive a car that looks so much like boob? And what the hell is up with the sound of that Boxer engine? I can't tell whether it's a WRX or a Pod Racer from Star Wars going by. Anybody watch the Top Gear review of the STI? It took them an hour just to figure out how to drive the stupid thing.

What is the recent obsession with the super expensive wheels packages; Work, Volk, SSR, BBS, etc? Is it really necessary to put a set of wheels and tires on your car that equate to almost half the vehicle's value? There used to be a time when you could get a set of 17 inch wheels and tires for around $600, and nobody really cared what brand they were because they were still better than the stock wheels. Now you can't even consider building a show car without setting aside a $3000 budget for wheels and tires.

Honda is so damn green now it makes me sick. Yeah, we all know how important it is to save the environment, but at what cost to their loyal enthusiasts? The sportiest car in their line-up can't even do 0-60 in under 8 seconds, and it shares the same engine as their entry level sport compact grocery-getter. How is it that the same company that gave us the CRX, NSX and the S2000 can't offer us anything better than an Si coupe? And we are supposed to be happy that they are selling Mugen at the dealerships? Who the fuck wants to spend $80 on a shift knob? Not this guy...

Stop telling people they need to lower their car when they post pictures of their new wheels. Fender gaps are not these mysterious creatures only noticeable by people with coilovers. It's usually pretty obvious when someone needs to have their car lowered.

Volkswagen owners can't seem to get past this whole "stance" movement. It was cool 10 years ago when people were making a statement to the ridiculous laws in place in Europe. But now every single VW out there is sitting on bags with negative offset and rolled fenders. It's played out! Have these VW fan boys forgotten that an entire race series was recently dedicated to the turbo-diesel Jetta? That car has so much potential and you hardly ever see them! Race always trumps rice.

The term "ricer" is extremely subjective by today's standards, so don't expect people to know what you mean when you start throwing the term around.

Has Nissan decided to completely ignore that fact that people are scouring the planet for any 240sx they can can get their hands on? Sure, they 370Z is a great car if you are one of the lucky few that can afford a car over $30,000. (And those people usually buy Evo's.) I'm just wondering when Nissan, or any car company for that matter, is going to realize that there is a strong demand for a RWD front engine sports coupe for under $20,000. Give it a turbo 4 cyl with over 200hp and you'll have a whole new generation of grass-roots racers/drifters.

Anyone read the latest issue of Super Street? I believe it was the January 2011 issue. They are trying this new segment where they travel to different parts of the country and photograph some nice rides from where ever they stop. The first area to be featured was Atlanta, and as I'm flipping through the pages reading the info about the owners, I'm noticing a trend in their ages; 21, 23, 24, and so on... Anybody care to explain to me how someone that is 22 years old can afford a fully built time attack Evo, as well as a VIP GS Lexus? I'm going to fly the hater flag for a moment here and say that I think it is extremely retarded to feature a car that has had all its build funds come from daddy's wallet.

Where the fuck has Toyota been for the past 15 years? We get it, the Prius was a success... Now give us something worth driving!

I test drove a Chevy Camaro when my Fit was getting the oil changed the other day. What a shit box! You can't even see out of the damn thing. It shifts like a Mack truck and you feel every single bump in the road. There's a reason why we let those V8 monstrosities die in the 1970's... You don't need to have a 5.7 Liter engine to go fast! I look forward to the day when these rumbling pieces of crap are off the road for good.

Can someone please let my local wholesalers and private sellers know that their rust bucket CRX is not worth $5000. Honestly, I have been trying to find a good time attack car to start building this winter, but everyone seems to think their early 90's Honda or Acura is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I actually went to visit a guy who had an EG Civic DX for sale for $3000. The car had 215,000 on the motor, but I didn't care I only wanted the shell. I got there and the guy told me he upped his price to $4500 because his son told him how rare the car was. I laughed and drove away...

The whole "sticker" craze is really lame as well. 99% of the people who see the stickers on your car have no idea what they mean. If you've ever put a company's sticker on your car, but didn't own any of their parts, you might be a fapster.

People still seem to think that the Fit can be fast with just an intake and exhaust. Every week there are like 5 new posts on here with people asking how to improve the hp on their GE8. Let me say this loud and proud... DON'T EXPECT TO WIN ANY RACES WITHOUT A TURBO OR ENGINE SWAP. The support for the L15 is all going to the CR-Z right now, and the Fit's computer does not respond well to bolt on parts. Upgrading your brakes and suspension components is the best way to improve your time attack or super lap results. If you own a GE8, you should not be drag racing anything...

There are a few people left who know what this sticker means:

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-15-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:36 AM
freshly brewed coffee and this thread... fun readin it...

Old 01-15-2011, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
so true. keep on preachin

Old 01-15-2011, 09:36 AM
The captain picard picture made me laugh so hard I woke my daughter up lol and yeah I definetly agree with all that! You my friend deserve a prize! I second the lap dance lol

Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by 2Legit2Fit

Evo is complicated too....

Pretty sure that's because there haven't always been Rotas/Drags/Konigs knocking off every wheel that becomes popular

Most people want green....car 'enthusiasts' are few and far between

Maybe people should expect criticism when posting pics online

You're mad at people for frowning upon knockoffs but you can look down on bags, low offset wheels, rolled fenders. It's played out in your opinion. Just like Enkei EV5 are ugly IN MY OPINION

Something we agree on.

Has Nissan decided to completely ignore that fact that people are scouring the planet for any 240sx they can can get their hands on? Sure, the 370Z is a great car if you are one of the lucky few that can afford a car over $30,000. (And those people usually buy Evo's.) I'm just wondering when Nissan, or any car company for that matter, is going to realize that there is a strong demand for a RWD front engine sports coupe for under $20,000. Give it a turbo 4 cyl with over 200hp and you'll have a whole new generation of grass-roots racers/drifters.

Hyundai Genesis. Mazda Miata (not turbo).

Living at home, working full time: normal income, no expenses OMG PLAUSIBLE

Building a car on a credit card? OMG

Redirect to Honda statement

1.) I hardly believe YOU got rid of the V8 monstrosities in the 70's
2.) Some people like torque
3.) It drives like a muscle car, OMG ridiculous
4.) People didn't kill the muscle car, it was killed by the Oil Embargo

Probably because they have superior suspension to the newer Hondas, are lighter, etc. It's just like the nissan 240sx and its drift tax. When you clearly have a set market that wants your car...You can price gouge

Agreed.

I never see cars with Manufacturer stickers on them...just gay ones like:
Canibeat
Hellaflush etc.

Are my 'I am the Stig' and 'Ayrton Senna' tribute stickers rice/meaningless?

People still seem to think that the Fit can be fast with just an intake and exhaust. Every week there are 5 new posts on here with people asking how to improve the hp on their GE8. Let me say this loud and proud... DON'T EXPECT TO WIN ANY RACES WITHOUT A TURBO OR ENGINE SWAP. The support for the L15 is all going to the CR-Z right now, and the Fit's computer does not respond well to bolt on parts. Upgrading your brakes and suspension components is the best way to improve your time attack or super lap results. If you own a GE8, you should not be drag racing anything...

I'm cool with dat
Responses point by point in bold

Good day sir

Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Slowbros

TL;DR

You realize nobody cares what you have to say? Good.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
You realize nobody cares what you have to say? Good.
And anyone cares what you, the OP, or ghetto rigged turbo guy say?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
And anyone cares what you, the OP, or ghetto rigged turbo guy say?

Now you're getting it.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Now you're getting it.
No. You don't get it.

No one cares what any of us say....but if someone posts something on the internet they're essentially asking for comments/criticism and this post strikes me as begging for backing, I'm simply providing opposing viewpoints.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:59 PM
No. You don't get it.

No one cares what any of us say....but if someone posts something on the internet they're essentially asking for comments/criticism and this post strikes me as begging for backing, I'm simply providing opposing viewpoints.

Oh trust me, I get it.

The difference between the rest of us and a scumbag like you is that we don't usually go out of our way to be a douche. Except in the wasteland section, that is.

We don't see the internet as purely an outlet for our lack of personality, friends and fulfillment in the real world.

We like to find something positive, funny or informative to contribute to a discussion where possible. The rest of us share information and celebrate things like Lyon's DIY turbo efforts.

You cannot even provide constructive criticism without being a petulant child. Probably because you rarely know what you are talking about when you chime in.

You are a non-Fit owner on a Fit forum who routinely thread-shits for fun.

That is the difference.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-17-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Oh trust me, I get it.

The difference between the rest of us and a scumbag like you is that we don't usually go out of our way to be a douche. We don't see the internet as purely an outlet for our lack of personality, friends and fulfillment in the real world.

We like to find something positive, funny or informative to contribute to a discussion where possible. You cannot even provide constructive criticism without being a petulant child.

You are a non-Fit owner on a Fit forum who routinely thread-shits for fun.

That is the difference.
I don't have a personality, friends or fulfillment in the real world? News to me. Damn.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
DSM,

He's probably a relative or an acquaintance of some sort of Gbaby2089.

Every internet forum has got to have one of those people who don't even own the type of vehicle the internet forum is about yet trolls around in it right?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by onemiglandicho
DSM,

Every internet forum has got to have one of those people who don't even own the type of vehicle the internet forum is about yet trolls around in it right?
I just joined to help my grandparents out with any issues/confusion they have with their white GE....but you guys rage/take it personally so fast that I stuck around

Old 01-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by onemiglandicho
DSM,

You very well might be on to something there. Which would take this to a whole new level of pathetic.

But no matter who he is related to or friends with, he is still a big old bag o' douche

I genuinely believe our buddy slow here has no concept of how the rest of the forum sees him, and that it would benefit all of us were he to permanently log out.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I just joined to help my grandparents out with any issues/confusion they have with their white GE....but you guys rage/take it personally so fast that I stuck around

Yes how unexpected that people don't take kindly to your bullshit.

I know when I walk up to someone and spit in their face I expect them to want to shake hands and get to know me and my opinions.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Oh I see.

Don't worry, I'm not affected at all by some of your rather interesting posts. Just remembered that particular member when I found out that you did not have a Fit at all.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes how unexpected that people don't take kindly to your bullshit.

I know when I walk up to someone and spit in their face I expect them to want to shake hands and get to know me and my opinions.
OR

This forum just has thin skin

Old 01-17-2011, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
You very well might be on to something there. Which would take this to a whole new level of pathetic.

But no matter who he is related to or friends with, he is still a big old bag o' douche

I genuinely believe our buddy slow here has no concept of how the rest of the forum sees him, and that it would benefit all of us were he to permanently log out.
LOL!!!!

Old 01-17-2011, 10:36 PM
OR

This forum just has thin skin

Few places outside of 4chan are fucked up enough to where what you are doing isn't outside social norms.

So maybe you just need to get out and make some friends. Should be no problem with all that charm you put on display here.

Quick Reply: You know what really grinds my gears?