The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

BMW Douchebags

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
BMW Douchebags

Now, I know not all BMW owners are douchebags, but is it me or is there just a huge proportion of BMW owners who are? I just need to rant.

I was just on my way to work this morning, smoothly sailing in freeway traffic as usual, not VTAKing it everywhere. I was in the slow, clustered right lane, preparing to exit to an on-ramp to a different freeway. There was barely one car length in front of me but a guy in a BMW sped up from the next lane and quickly merged out of nowhere without a turn signal. His rear bike rack with his bike was pretty much sitting on my hood, so I had to jam on my brakes.

OK, so I was a little irritated, but no big deal, the lanes for the on ramp are coming up so I'll just switch lanes and pass him up soon and be on my way. So I switch over two lanes to the right where it's very clear in front of me and start to speed up, but then he's right on my ass tailgating. At this point, I'm like WTF, OK let's see if you can power through this overhead on-ramp's curve at 75 with me. He had switched lanes to try and pass me up, he must have been going around 85) but then got stuck behind a car. I dropped it in 3rd and powered through the turn into a straightaway that merged into one lane. After he got through the turn, he switched lanes and floored it after me again (I was about 2 bus lengths ahead) but got stuck behind me merging into the one lane.

After that, we merged with the other freeway and he sped off angrily, weaving through traffic. Seriously, dude? What makes you have to try to own the road wherever you go? Now, I usually don't do any of this, heck, it's why I bought a Fit. I'll be the first one to slow down by 5 MPH if you try to tailgate me in the slow lane so I'll make you switch lanes to pass, but this guy just made me mad.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
I have more problems with the Audi douches.

Scion tC drivers are #1 on my douchebag list though.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Whatever, just let it go. Tons of bad drivers and douches out there, you will just shorten your life span and kill your own brain cell by getting angry over douches. Breath~~

Old 04-12-2011, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
Scion tC drivers are #1 on my douchebag list though.
Agreed. And I love ruining their douchebag attempts.

We have a Saturn ion around here too.. Always messing with me and a buddy of mine. Guess the point is Douchebags drive all kinds of cars, just try not to let it get to you. But if it does, make em eat shiz!

Old 04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
There are dbags that drive all makes and models. I enjoy the Honda dbags that pull up next to me whilst in my M3, and rev, while they are bouncing off the bump stops. Solution? Ignore them.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smaglik
There are dbags that drive all makes and models. I enjoy the Honda dbags that pull up next to me whilst in my M3, and rev, while they are bouncing off the bump stops. Solution? Ignore them.

People used to do that to me in my M5 and my G35. Always annoying but great when they have a girl with them and you give them a 5 second head start and still blow past them like they aren't even moving.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
You guys should watch Top Gear UK... in the few past seasons they mentioned that BMW were GOOD cars... but all too often, driven by a-holes. Then... the a-holes moved to Audi.

I agree!

And yes, its definitely true that d-bags drive all makes and models... the problem is, for whatever reason, I tend to be generally surrounded by ... German cars.

Which is why I said in another thread... I don't think I'll ever buy a German car. I like Audi, Mercs and BMWs... but I am constantly reminded of the a-holes that drive them.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
Which is why I said in another thread... I don't think I'll ever buy a German car. I like Audi, Mercs and BMWs... but I am constantly reminded of the a-holes that drive them.
Not sure i can agree with that life philosophy, lowering my life experience because of what someone else does. I'd rather drive the car I want, and not care what people think of me. But, to each his own.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
You guys should watch Top Gear UK... in the few past seasons they mentioned that BMW were GOOD cars... but all too often, driven by a-holes. Then... the a-holes moved to Audi.

I agree!

And yes, its definitely true that d-bags drive all makes and models... the problem is, for whatever reason, I tend to be generally surrounded by ... German cars.

Love Top Gear lol. Sadly it is usually the German cars that are driven by cocks but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. God knows we need more non-assholes driving them to better the image.

Funny little fact, I do valet parking so I drive about 15 BMW's a night and on average only 2 out of the 15 know what BMW stands for.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Speaking of douche. I was doing the speed limit in a residential neighborhood, 30 mph, and a guy in a Cobalt passed me. Only a two lane road and we were right down the street from a school. He passed me and then speed off. Where's a cop when you want one eh?

Old 04-14-2011, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
just let them go man. Why compromise your fuel economy like that? ;-)

Old 04-14-2011, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
As mentioned, traditionally, BMW owners were the douches, and now they are trying to hide behind another brand, who finally upped the ante on their styling. G drivers too. Scions, yes, but those are because of their buyer demographic (young.) I'd call Scion drivers punks, but to be a douche, you have to be older and have some money.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
It's universal man. Once people who haven't gotten out very often get their hands on a "premium" brand like BMW, Benz, Audi, etc. They fix it up and think the world revolves around them. Just hit life's "ignore" button and you should be ok.

Now bear in mind I do have buddies who own said cars, so I will say not all of them are tools. Heck this happened to me yesterday while cruising home in the NSX, minding my own business going with the flow of traffic and chill-axin. When a new BMW 335 with no plates and 4 young kids in it. I am guessing trust fund babies whose parents just threw them the money because they didn't want to deal with the whining as opposed to being true parents and saying NO. Pulled up and gave me the eye...revv'd and sped away cutting off folks as if I had better things to do than care what they think. I am waaaay too old for that BS these days. Just kept cruisin.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:25 PM

I agree!

Hahaha I think it's funny that Audi has come up more than once.

I am from NH... Ski country... and everyone with a rich mommy or daddy drives an A6 or an S4. They throw some 18" Tirerack specials on it and think they are God's gift to the world. They are literally swarming the college campuses every year.

The same can be said for most of the WRX or STI owners around here. They are fuckin' everywhere, it's pathetic.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Around here, most of the BMWs and Audis are owned by older, more mature drivers. It's the lifted pickup truck crowd that tends to be problematic. Well, that and slightly suicidal Asian ladies in beige Toyota Camry's. Dunno what it is with that combination.

Anyway, I'm a pretty sedate driver, and usually leave a couple of carlengths ahead of me... If someone is in that big a hurry that they're risking a crash, I slow a bit and let them put some space between us. knock on wood, I have only had one at fault crash in my 13 years of driving, the first time driving on ice after getting sent to the Midwest. Ive had a couple of not at faults, both times being rear-ended by bimbos puttingnon makeup... I make an effort to flash my brakelights when stopped on traffic as an attention getter.

Riding a motorcycle gives you perspective - when a bigger-dick contest can easily lead to someone making you into a giant flesh crayon on the pavement, you learn to let things go, and leave plenty of extra space. Motorcycling teaches you to develop some serious spidey-sense for the environment around you.

Last edited by Occam; 04-14-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by FITrunner
It's universal man. Once people who haven't gotten out very often get their hands on a "premium" brand like BMW, Benz, Audi, etc. They fix it up and think the world revolves around them. Just hit life's "ignore" button and you should be ok.
Also remember that it's fairly cheap to lease a BMW these days... If you can finance a Fit, you can lease a Bimmer for about the same monthly payment. I keeping $350/mo lease deals popping up on them lately. Drive through an apartment complex and marvel at the number of low-end luxury automobiles. A lease on a 3 series also seems to be the preferred vehicle of the "just got promoted to middle management, and even though I only earn $45,000 a year and have student loans to pay, you should be awed by my status"

Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
Well, that and slightly suicidal Asian ladies in beige Toyota Camry's. Dunno what it is with that combination.
Hahahaha this comment cracked me up. I'm a slightly suicidal Asian and I had a beige Toyota Camry as my first car...I'm pretty sure it's how boring the car was that made me want to kill myself.

It's crazy how people put themselves into debt just to lease a luxury car and yet they won't pay for a house. Most don't even get to own it afterward. I don't think I'll ever buy a car for more than $20K, just how much vehicle does one need? I'd rather buy a cheaper used car and use that extra money for modifications anyways.

And don't get me started on lifted trucks, I live in Texas, lol.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:35 PM
27 Month lease on a BMW 328i
• $339 First months payment
• $2,500 Down payment
• $0 Security Deposit
• $725 Acquisition fee
• $3,564 Cash due at signing

A comparable loan on a car:

$3325 down payment
8.75% sales tax
5% interest on a 60 mo. loan (speculative)
vehicle sale price: $19,500

So, yeah, for the price of a relatively inexpensive car, you can have the snob-appeal of a BMW.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
hey screw you buddy, i drive a bmw

Old 04-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Just wanna let ya know Kelsodeez: I hate you. Now I'll think about TobyKeith until this chubb goes away.

(lust after a BMW R1200GS - and no, Texas Coyote, I DON'T need to hear about how wonderful yours is)

Quick Reply: BMW Douchebags