The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

A Spontaneous Phenumothorax

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
You are hilarious bro. The more I read your posts in this thread the more I'm seeing 2 peas in a pod hahaha. We should have been in person friends having beers haha our medical history is kinda jokes. Well not funny, but you know what I mean.

When I was 19 I had to get cut open in the stomach. Why? Well I had a interbowel supseption. Lol. Normally it happens in young kids. 19 is rare. Basically I was "full of sh**t" lol. No pun intended.
I was completely healthy til I joined the military, then it started with wisdom teeth, then an appendix, then my adrenal and thyroid glands, now my lungs.

I get the full of it way too alot, but if I haven't gone in a few days I just take a stool softener and commence the toilet assault.

Yea we are both young and falling apart. Sad, I work with 60-70-80 year olds who dont even take a single prescription, just some vitamins and thats it. They see me popping pills like its candy and feel bad.

Is it bad when old people say " We'll pray for you at church"?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Lol. Yes that's bad. Haha. It's okay. Them older crowds are passing me on the sidewalk as I walk to my office lol. The 25year old walks as slower then a 90 year old with a walker. Walk a block takea seat. I may need those roller things with the bench haha.

Then you always get rude looks and snide remarks when it's a 25 year old waiting for an elevator to go up two stories to get on the train. Eh I can't handle stairs not my fault. Elevator not just for wheel chairs. I have a handicap now too yo. Lol. F***ing color blind too lol.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Well thats where we separate, I see all colors. LOL

Yea it's sad that we are young and hurting, I'd like to see myself at 50 to see if i still have these problems.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Hey all,

Been a couple weeks since I last posted. Suffered a collapsed lung while working on Thursday in my office downtown Toronto.

Essentially a spontaneous phenumothorax is a partially collapsed lung due to air or gas pocket above the lung that caused the lung to collapse.

It's suppose to take 2-3 weeks for myself to start feeling better.

My air pocket has decreased significantly and I am getting better. But sadly I am still incredibly weak and need to lay down every couple of hours.

So why did I post this? Not for attention or sorrys but for some suggestions from other members. I need to find a better way to occupy my time now. I have quit smoking, quit drinking coffee, and have cut back on how many times I enjoy pot in a week. It is quite difficult in keeping myself occupied. I guess with all the money I will be saving I can continuously keep upgrading my car haha.

I'm only 25. I was going to quit smoking a little later on in life. But aft these crazy events over my thanksgiving weekend, I will be making a complete change in lifestyle. Want to hear your suggestions in taking my mind off the negatives that have been so controlling my life for 10 years.
are you really tall/lanky/skinny guy?

statistically that's the most common body type for a pneumo to happen to.

did they do a needle decompression and use a waterbox to watch for air flow?

Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Nicotine
are you really tall/lanky/skinny guy?

statistically that's the most common body type for a pneumo to happen to.
Damnit now you got me worried i'm about to join the FF.net spontaneous phenumothorax crew. I'll be member #003.

Both Gino and Katsu sorry to hear about the problems but i'm glad you're both going along with everything and it's good to be able to have a sense of humor about it.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:00 AM
be really worried when you have a closed hemothorax :P

Old 10-23-2013, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Damnit now you got me worried i'm about to join the FF.net spontaneous phenumothorax crew. I'll be member #003.

Both Gino and Katsu sorry to hear about the problems but i'm glad you're both going along with everything and it's good to be able to have a sense of humor about it.
THIS. I'm ridiculously thin and fairly tall, you dudes have me worried.

This to that second bit. Really hope something can be done for each of y'all.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Do not worry yourself about it too much guys. It's like a heart attack, you can have one. You just don't know when lol. Same idea. You want to lower your chances of the thorax, then eat healthy, eat a lot, do not smoke, and if you smoke dope, do not hold your hits in or take big hulls from a bong. That could cause it as well.

I myself am on day 16 of no smoking. I gotta say it's a pain. Anxiety all the time. Think my thorax will come back. Chest pains. Minor not big. Body aches. Bad sleeping. And most of all constant lightheadedness for 6 hours a day.

My latest update for you all, oct 28, 2013. Had my final x ray. Spent 8 hours in hospital. Had to deal with some dude shitting himself to death. Literally lol, blood and the shits. Felt so bad. And it danked. Anyways. When my x ray came back, it was as if I never had the damn thing. Then again I was 5'7 and almost legally anorexic. No I will not tell you my weight. As it was disgusting. Yes over 100lbs though. Now I eat 3 meals a day plus a daily banana and a daily apple with a bunch of healthy snacks at work.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Ive tried a 7500+ a day calorie diet and lost 2 lbs.

I tried to eat healthy and exercise didn't work. My metabolism is high and got supercharged with my messed up thyroid.

And Gino, my bong rips aren't big, they're titanic. Lol, double bubbler with 2 ice compartments. Then some computer games until im tired.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Katsumoto
Ive tried a 7500+ a day calorie diet and lost 2 lbs.

I tried to eat healthy and exercise didn't work. My metabolism is high and got supercharged with my messed up thyroid.

And Gino, my bong rips aren't big, they're titanic. Lol, double bubbler with 2 ice compartments. Then some computer games until im tired.
I do feel for you bro. I don't have the same issues. I can gain wait. Just chose not too. Too concerned with work, smoking, getting high. Now since this occurred bong is away, I eat a ton. Gained 2 lbs in about 2-3 days. My weight is going up slowly but surely. It sucks for the thyroid issue as it's out if your control in gaining wait.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:57 AM
Banned
Do you think possibly you two toking up just might be the cause of your problems?

Old 11-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Sure it doesn't help but ive toked for years.

We both had underlying issues that reared their head at the wrong.
My doctor said I should stop because coughing alot can make the probability of them happening again goup.
But if coughing exacerbates the issue, wouldn't having a cold be bad? I care but it seems like I either don't smoke and be constantly pissed and stressed or smoke and be chill.

I cant take meds for my PTSD because they mess up my other meds. So I use marijuana for that.
Here lately ive been making brownies ans cookies to get the relaxing effects I want without all the coughing.

With my doctor being military they can't officially say it works but unofficially he agrees that I should have something that chills me out.

I turn into a horrible rage monster, imagine the Hulk but anorexic and tall lol. Ive got alot wrong but I try to live life and enjoy it.

Hence my Fit, truck, bike. Lol One of those three is going to end me

Old 11-05-2013, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with Katsumoto. Coughing may cause it again, sneezing may cause it again. Having allergies or having a cold may cause it. The rate you toke is not the same as one would smoke. Also I agree once again. Been doing it for years. It's other underlying issues that caused it.

Eh, if I push to hard to poop it can happen. Should I stop pooping? lol.

Small tokes yo prevent coughing. Gets the same effects.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Well Gino if you stop pooping, have fun with that. Lol

And im in the er with another pneumothorax.
Bitch of it is, I rode my bike to the ER cuz I didn't have anything else to get there with.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Holy!!! You gotta be kidding bro? You got another one. Did they just send you home, or did they tube ya? You've had surgery before too though. How can it still be happening. I truly feel for you man. I'm still recuperating from October 15th. Chest still has minor pains. Nothing as bad as the day of, but still minor pains.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
umm, wtf is Phenumothorax?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
umm, wtf is Phenumothorax?
In a nut shell it's a partial lung collapse.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 PM
You are hilarious bro. The more I read your posts in this thread the more I'm seeing 2 peas in a pod hahaha. We should have been in person friends having beers haha our medical history is kinda jokes. Well not funny, but you know what I mean.

When I was 19 I had to get cut open in the stomach. Why? Well I had a interbowel supseption. Lol. Normally it happens in young kids. 19 is rare. Basically I was "full of sh**t" lol. No pun intended.
LOL, so you did stop pooping at one point in your life. LOL LOL

Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ LOL. I did not think of that. But hell yeah. I did stop pooping haha at one point in my life.

Try to drink mass amounts of water everyday. On a serious note, pushing too hard is my fear. Cause I don't wanna be pooping and then oh sh*t I can't breathe. Haha.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:54 PM
^^^ LOL. I did not think of that. But hell yeah. I did stop pooping haha at one point in my life.

Try to drink mass amounts of water everyday. On a serious note, pushing too hard is my fear. Cause I don't wanna be pooping and then oh sh*t I can't breathe. Haha.
Yea, but its better to try to push a little hard and get it out. Then it is to take a stool softener and have the chocolate rain coming from your butt.

Quick Reply: A Spontaneous Phenumothorax