2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Benggolf
Denser air means more power, but would it not affect the gas mileage in some way?
It might take a little longer for the temperature light to go off so it might hurt mileage figures if you do a lot of short trips allowing the engine to cool completely down between them..... I took it for a drive to eat out and just got in, my wife says that it seems to pull stronger when I was still picking up speed in 4Th going up hill at 100 M.P.H... It is usually slow to do that on flat ground, leaving me to shift to 5Th at about 95. ....I drove about 80 miles and had 106 miles 0n the odometer when I left and the gas guage is still well above 3/4 full, but I fill to the top and it took 121 miles for the needle to touch the right side of the full mark. I use premium 93 octane gas and normally get 37 to 40 miles per gallon since getting a speeding ticket in November, and only got 33 to 38 then. At this point it looks like it isn't going to hurt my mileage, and seems to pull a little better in 3Rd and 4Th over 5500 R.P.M.s.... It took less than 5 minutes and I'm out $1.20, so it's no big thing to switch back and a 3/8 inch splice is a good thing to have if an air hose for my compressor needs repair.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Texas Coyote:

could you take a pic of what your talking about?...I'm curious.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
I apologize for not being able to post pictures, but if you look at where your air cleaner connects to the throttle body, you will see to the left at the bottom of the throttle body a rubber hose clamped to a fitting that points toward the front of the car. On the opposite side is another fitting with a hose and clamp of the same type. While the engine is cold pinch and slide the clamps back away from the fittings, work the hose ends loose and splice together with a brass hose splicer for an air hose, and slide the clamps to about 1/4 inch from the ends to secure the hoses. You can feel the heat in the hoses when the engine is warm, and will lose a tiny bit of coolant when you remove the first one.... Don't do this while there is pressure in the cooling system.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Today I got my rear applique!!!!
Here are some pics of it installed.
sorry the sun was setting quickly...so the pics are not the brightest.

Wifey says she likes, therefore we buy lol

Old 04-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I apologize for not being able to post pictures, but if you look at where your air cleaner connects to the throttle body, you will see to the left at the bottom of the throttle body a rubber hose clamped to a fitting that points toward the front of the car. On the opposite side is another fitting with a hose and clamp of the same type. While the engine is cold pinch and slide the clamps back away from the fittings, work the hose ends loose and splice together with a brass hose splicer for an air hose, and slide the clamps to about 1/4 inch from the ends to secure the hoses. You can feel the heat in the hoses when the engine is warm, and will lose a tiny bit of coolant when you remove the first one.... Don't do this while there is pressure in the cooling system.
I need pics..I'm lost? i cant even get to the back of my TB

Old 04-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Pretty simple, but the first time I've done it...

...I used my nice new tire pressure gauge, which I bought in anticipation of delivery of my 09 Fit Sport Manual Black/Black, to check the pressure (cold) on all my tires (no TPMS on our Canadian Fit models). Turns out they were all running around 30 psi, I picked the car up from the dealer a few weeks ago so I suspect that's how the dealer delivered them. Since the manual says 33 psi of course I inflated them up to 33 psi. Going forward I plan to check them monthly and keep them at the recommended 33 psi

Old 04-30-2009, 09:45 PM
put my red jdm emblems on yesterday and replaced the fit emblem with the original emblem except with the red dot above the i. then today i put in my piaa plasma ion yellow fog light bulbs. wheels, prm intake, and mugen visors should all be here next week!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Originally Posted by AshPanda
I need pics..I'm lost? i cant even get to the back of my TB
Yes pics are needed!

Old 05-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Installed my INNO Rack...will post full writeup shortly

Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I washed, clay bared, poli-sealed (w/ Porter Cable), and Opti-sealed.

It will probably rain now....

Old 05-03-2009, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
I washed, clay bared, poli-sealed (w/ Porter Cable), and Opti-sealed.

It will probably rain now....
Sorry, but you are probably right.
It happens to us with such regularity, I am afraid to wash my car now.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:24 PM
on friday i swapped out my Fit badge w/ the 06-08 Fit badge JDM style with the red dot above the 'i'. i also put a transformer logo badge on that bad boy (will post pics as soon as it gets out of the body shop...drove through some wet paint on the road afterwards). wheels and HID's coming soon.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Check it!

Name:  photo8.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  23.8 KB
Name:  photo5.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  33.0 KB
Name:  photo4.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  36.4 KB

Old 05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Ordered the Zeta stainless door sills today...can't wait until they get here!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by hndaluvr
Check it!
Very nice. 17's right?

what are you dropped on? any rubbing?

20 questions...lol

Old 05-04-2009, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Window tint!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Very nice. 17's right?

what are you dropped on? any rubbing?

20 questions...lol

Naw Baby... themz 18s! They're 18x7.5 et45 with 215/35/18s
the drop is with Tanabe DF210. the rears fit perfect and the fronts will give only a slight "squeek rub" on things as big as speed bumps and large, quick approahing dip/rises in the road surface. looks great, handles great, but i do suffer the slightly harsher ride quality of 35 series tires.

Name:  IMG_0020.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  54.9 KB

Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Had some aluminum plating left from a job, and was able to finished making my dead pedal for my car...rainey today,maybe I can install it tomorrow.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Received my Mugen pedals, Mugen shift knob, and my Short open ended red lugnuts today and installed. Pics this weekend as I'm going to do another photoshoot.

Keep an eye for the picture updates on my build thread!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Since the threads are slow today and I saw this on another forum (Acurazine) and thought it was a good idea I figured it would be interesting to see what people posted here.
Just fill in whatever you done to your fit today. If its a modification, washed it, drove, anything chime in. Could be a fun thread to see peoples progress/activity.

Mounted an SVP video camera inside my windshield using GoPro suction cup and fixtures (they have a great wide angle camera but it doesn't have instant playback) and 12v to 120vac power supply to power it anytime Fit is running. Yes did on other cars too.
Sometimes playbacks are so funny.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?