2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Dead Pedal and Other Pedals

Originally Posted by MEATBABY
You know they make products for the GE right? Including a dead pedal... 09 + Honda Fit Dead Pedal Cover
But the Dead Pedal Cover, that says "Fit" on it is on ebay.

"Auto Fuel Brake Foot Rest AT Clutch Pedal Pads Replacement For Honda Fit"

Check it out. It comes from China, and takes about a month to get with free shipping.

boatfloyd

Old 01-16-2014, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Oh.

Didn't do anything to my actual car today except drive it, but did tune the hell out of my Fit RS in GT6. It's the first car you HAVE to buy in the game when you start it. How awesome is that?

Old 01-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Administrator
You know they make products for the GE right? Including a dead pedal... 09 + Honda Fit Dead Pedal Cover
I could have sworn it was unavailable last time I checked their site, thanks for the clarification

Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Well it looks offical, I must have gotten a bad (or old) batch of decals from Work.

The shop I deal with even had their supplier come to the shop and see how the decals weren't 'sticking' to my wheels.

So Work was going to drop a new set in the mail, and I should see them in a couple weeks. I sure hope the new set actually sticks!

On a more positive note, I finally got my OEM visors installed, and I'm super happy with the way they look

Old 01-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Administrator
Well thats annoying and hopefully the new stickers don't have the same problem

Congrats on the visors, I have been using mine since May and I really find them useful (but a pain in the azz to dry after washing the car)

Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Just plasti dipped the rear bumper tonight. Name:  RzvzKy4.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  631.8 KB

Old 01-17-2014, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Well thats annoying and hopefully the new stickers don't have the same problem

Congrats on the visors, I have been using mine since May and I really find them useful (but a pain in the azz to dry after washing the car)
Thanks!

Yeah, my first wash of the Fit with the visors on, I quickly realized it's gonna be more of a pain then I thought lol. Super happy with them so far

Old 01-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Administrator
Bought a Blox shorty antenna from JHP and installed it, this version is the smallest they have available

Name:  A710EC1C-BEEF-48B9-9E8E-64C8458EC6BE_zps41zjgso4.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  89.6 KB

Further away shot

Name:  C1292E06-3789-438A-B584-D47FD5EB30FB_zpszd2r9l4p.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  91.1 KB

Originally Posted by lowered_klass
Thanks!

Yeah, my first wash of the Fit with the visors on, I quickly realized it's gonna be more of a pain then I thought lol. Super happy with them so far
I find it's best to drive around the block a few times to get any water off the car then come back over it with a clean microfiber towel on the inside of the visor with the windows slightly lowered

Old 01-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
Bought a Blox shorty antenna from JHP and installed it, this version is the smallest they have available
Looks like ima have to steal your idea Wais!
The duckbill always fold the oem antenna when I open the trunk.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Oh.

Didn't do anything to my actual car today except drive it, but did tune the hell out of my Fit RS in GT6. It's the first car you HAVE to buy in the game when you start it. How awesome is that?
Ha...that's funny. I like to play around with upgrades on the 2009 Fit in Forza. It seems to be extremely realistic and responds very much like my real life 2012 Fit.

-Dustin

Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by YeahItFits
Looks like ima have to steal your idea Wais!
The duckbill always fold the oem antenna when I open the trunk.
Go for it Juan!

Here is the link:

Blox Performance Antenna

I bought the shortest one they have available and it comes with a screw already in it so nothing else is needed

Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Your old Slopster installed a $70 Costco Kirkland Signature 51R 500CCA amp battery into the 2010 Honda Fit base today. Disposed of the old battery tray and jacked up the 51R battery 1-inch with two short pieces of expansion board (for concrete expansion joints). My 51R battery posts were "close" to being the right size but I went ahead and sprung $2.38 at O'Reilly Car Parts for a couple lead battery post shims. Clamped it all down.... working like a charm.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Installed spoiler brackets on my ge8 today that I got from fellow fit freaks j1nNju1c3 and fitnoy78. They look amazing and the install was simple and very quick with easy to follow diagram.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ

Is that supercharger can be installed also in a 1.3 engine?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
Wow. Changed the spark plugs a week ago and MAN did it improve my fuel economy! I mean, I've only gone through one full tank on the new plugs, but my avg mpg at the pump was 35! And that's with my same, normal weekly driving. It has only been around 30 for the longest time, getting as high as 32 sometimes. Changed the serpentine at the same time, but I would have to think it's the new plugs improving the fuel economy. It's just one tank of gas, but a very noticeable difference right off the bat so I'm confident the improved mpg will stay. I won't wait 104k miles to change them next time! Probably change them after 50k miles since it's pretty damn easy and cheap.

You can check out my fuel up log here - My FIT (Honda Fit) | Fuelly. Easy to see the drastic improvement by comparing my most recent fuel up with all the past ones!

Old 01-18-2014, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member

Any way you could measure the length of the antenna for us?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Wow. Changed the spark plugs a week ago and MAN did it improve my fuel economy! I mean, I've only gone through one full tank on the new plugs, but my avg mpg at the pump was 35! And that's with my same, normal weekly driving. It has only been around 30 for the longest time, getting as high as 32 sometimes. Changed the serpentine at the same time, but I would have to think it's the new plugs improving the fuel economy. It's just one tank of gas, but a very noticeable difference right off the bat so I'm confident the improved mpg will stay. I won't wait 104k miles to change them next time! Probably change them after 50k miles since it's pretty damn easy and cheap.

You can check out my fuel up log here - My FIT (Honda Fit) | Fuelly. Easy to see the drastic improvement by comparing my most recent fuel up with all the past ones!
Do you think the computer might adjust for this over time? Let us know in a few weeks if it's still as good. S2k plugs right?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Is that CARB legal? Got a link to the manufacturer? (curious: Base Fit is jealous).

Oh, and you left your tools on top of the battery if you're wondering where they are...

Old 01-18-2014, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Do you think the computer might adjust for this over time? Let us know in a few weeks if it's still as good. S2k plugs right?
Nope NGK IZFR6K13 (s2k uses diff plugs). Bernardi shows these and a Denso model as replacements. Autozone doesn't sell the Denso ones so I went with the NGK. I was expecting to pull Denso plugs out, but they turned out to be the NGK ones. Exact same part number as the replacements I bought. Since they are the stock replacement I doubt the computer has much adjusting to do. I'm sure it was just because the others had over 100k miles on them and had a bit of build up and just being old they probably weren't working as efficiently anymore. Hence why you replace spark plugs. I sure hope the improvement stays though!

Maybe you saw a post a few pages back about someone using an S2k oil filter on the Fit though. I said I would try it. That could be where you got that idea!

Originally Posted by Steve244
Is that CARB legal? Got a link to the manufacturer? (curious: Base Fit is jealous).

Oh, and you left your tools on top of the battery if you're wondering where they are...
Here you go - Sprintex - Superchargers and Supercharger Systems | Honda Jazz. I believe Sprintex is the only company who makes a SC for the GE. Could be wrong. No clue about the CARB legality, but they're an Australian company so I doubt they care much about making them legal in one US state. At the same time though I would assume it's fine. All kinds of cars have superchargers. You don't mess with the exhaust or anything like with a turbo setup so you should be fine. I don't know the specifics of the CARB laws though

Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Nope NGK IZFR6K13 (s2k uses diff plugs). Bernardi shows these and a Denso model as replacements. Autozone doesn't sell the Denso ones so I went with the NGK. I was expecting to pull Denso plugs out, but they turned out to be the NGK ones. Exact same part number as the replacements I bought. Since they are the stock replacement I doubt the computer has much adjusting to do. I'm sure it was just because the others had over 100k miles on them and had a bit of build up and just being old they probably weren't working as efficiently anymore. Hence why you replace spark plugs. I sure hope the improvement stays though!

Maybe you saw a post a few pages back about someone using an S2k oil filter on the Fit though. I said I would try it. That could be where you got that idea!

Lol yeah that was a while ago, I probably just mixed up everything that was going on in this thread. Thanks for the info though, I got excited that there was an easy way to get better mpg

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?