2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Administrator
On Saturday, I got a free tank of gas via the SoCal Honda dealers promotion on twitter where they announce that they will be in a city sometime during the day and you have to figure out where they will be and if you happen to find them they will fill up your tank if you drive a Honda

Second time in the last month that I found them and they have filled my tank both times!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Waiz
On Saturday, I got a free tank of gas via the SoCal Honda dealers promotion on twitter where they announce that they will be in a city sometime during the day and you have to figure out where they will be and if you happen to find them they will fill up your tank if you drive a Honda

Second time in the last month that I found them and they have filled my tank both times!
stalker!!!!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member

Way too much free time

Old 07-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by wzlfit
Will post later this week when I get my 15mm for the front.

i want the same setup.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by g95pteg
would be interested to know more about how you did this.. any pics?
Pictures as requested and I made a little video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVB-...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-06-2015, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
It uses the existing LED 3rd brake light, but its a small module that fits inside the housing.

I don't have a picture because its hard to take a photo of it flashing, because you have to be on the brake.

Here is the one I bought.
Amazon.com : Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module. Safety Flash Light Alert. Universal : Automotive Electronic Flashers : Car Electronics

Super easy to install and worth every penny.
Interesting.. Not sure if I would do this mod or not.. But I'll keep it in mind.. Not sure how the cops would treat the flashing red lights here

Old 07-06-2015, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by richardhylands
Pictures as requested and I made a little video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVB-...ature=youtu.be
Thanks for getting pics .. And the video.. An easy mod to do

I like how it's not noticeable at all to anyone who doesn't know it's there..is this mainly just for sound? I know most fit intakes don't do much but for sound and throttle response so this may be a good mod

Would you be able to get a sound clip? Is it noticeable louder than stock?

Old 07-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by g95pteg
Thanks for getting pics .. And the video.. An easy mod to do

I like how it's not noticeable at all to anyone who doesn't know it's there..is this mainly just for sound? I know most fit intakes don't do much but for sound and throttle response so this may be a good mod

Would you be able to get a sound clip? Is it noticeable louder than stock?
No problem. Thats why I like, it is stealth.

I will get a sound clip, its different than stock its has a nice (not loud at all) grumble to it when you're on the gas. I felt a slight better pedal response as a soon as I modified it.

Sound clip you can only hear 1st gear then the gopro gets noisy. its also full throttle in 1st

When your in the high RPM it sounds great

Last edited by richardhylands; 07-06-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member

All we get for free in cleveland is orange barrels

Old 07-06-2015, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Good video Richard. You should make an official DIY thread and post in the DIY section so it can get Sticky'd so lots of people can see it for the next few years

Old 07-06-2015, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
So I got an estimate for Shocks/struts and Springs installed on my fit.

The shop (who does A+ Quality work) quoted me at $500 + $90 for alignment.

That seems a little on the high end. But at the same time I don't want to deal with rattling or knocking sounds do to improper install...

Thought Guys?

Old 07-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

That seems a little on the high end. But at the same time I don't want to deal with rattling or knocking sounds do to improper install...

Thought Guys?
man thats expensive. my good trusted mechanic charged me 45 bucks per axle. firestone around me charged like 75 bucks for a front only alignment. is that for labor only or including the parts?

Old 07-07-2015, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
man thats expensive. my good trusted mechanic charged me 45 bucks per axle. firestone around me charged like 75 bucks for a front only alignment. is that for labor only or including the parts?
Labor only. I just want someone who will do a good job, who won't just slap it together for a quick buck.

My previous Accord was lowered and there was always this rattling coming from the rear passenger side. But being a broke college kid I never took it to get fixed.

I just don't want to have to deal with stuff like that. I'm open to another mechanic, but its hard to find a quality one that will do the job right.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member

Thought Guys?
That's expensive. I would think an average spring/shock install is about $250ish. Changing the strut or spring is the same thing, you still have to take the whole assembly out. What shop is this? What exactly are you installing. I just installed my Koni/ eibach sportline combo last week and it took me about 1.5-2hrs start to finish.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator
Certainly not the first to retrofit the cr-z intake manifold cover; engine bay is looking more decent

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-19286989128_b931189650_c.jpg  
Old 07-07-2015, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
That silver panel needs something. Either something, or to be sprayed black to match the rest of it. If it were mine, I'd have hit the Honda logo with some red, too.

A few months ago, when the weather was still crap, I got an oil change. While I was out grabbing a drink at the gas station next door, my buddy thought it would be funny to aim my headlights all googly eyed. Turned on my car that night and the left was pretty much aimed at the ground in front of me, and the other was as high as he could get it. I evened it out, but never got it to "normal" height.

Tonight, I decided I was sick of it, and in midst of the mosquitoes, my neighbours music, and some broskis in lifted diesels driving down my street at WOT, I re-aimed them. What a pain in the ass that is. Never move those aiming screws if you can avoid it. The socket kept falling off the screw, and it takes forever to move the beam up at all. At least now I can see again.

Last edited by spryter; 07-07-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:29 AM
@Mr. Hollow. I need parts from China. Can he source for me? They don't have part numbers but I can send you a link.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by spryter
That silver panel needs something. Either something, or to be sprayed black to match the rest of it. If it were mine, I'd have hit the Honda logo with some red, too.

Haha yea, still debating what color to paint it so right now it's bare. My car is purple but I've always loved the wrinkle red valve covers.
I removed the original cr-z "IMA" lettering on that silver piece and plan to put something like the "i-vtec 1.5 sohc" or whatever

Old 07-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Labor only. I just want someone who will do a good job, who won't just slap it together for a quick buck.

My previous Accord was lowered and there was always this rattling coming from the rear passenger side. But being a broke college kid I never took it to get fixed.

I just don't want to have to deal with stuff like that. I'm open to another mechanic, but its hard to find a quality one that will do the job right.
if you are by SF, go hit up my boy's shop. Z Performance.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
if you are by SF, go hit up my boy's shop. Z Performance.
Unfortunately I'm about 7 hours from there lol

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?