2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:05 PM
Banned
Today was a very happy day. Finally got my car back Unfortunately the shop was not "able" to install the side skirts so I'll have to do that myself (they said it would be really expensive), they seem to not be fitting quite right Anyways got the fogs installed and they look great. Also installed my eBay lip. Waiting on the grilles from Japan and then I'll be set. Not sure if I should reinstall my LEDs again...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-8mglalk.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-os0jdvp.jpg  
Old 01-27-2016, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Nice. I would recommend getting mugen side skirts as those are easy to DIY install. The sport oem ones require drilling holes in the chassis to mount the clips that hold the skirt in place. Mugen only requires taping

Old 01-27-2016, 11:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by connor55
Nice. I would recommend getting mugen side skirts as those are easy to DIY install. The sport oem ones require drilling holes in the chassis to mount the clips that hold the skirt in place. Mugen only requires taping
Yeah I got the Duraflex Type M side skirts... They're already painted but will need a little bodywork to install

Old 01-28-2016, 06:19 AM
Rotated the tires and bled the brake lines. Vacuumed the interior.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Yeah I got the Duraflex Type M side skirts... They're already painted but will need a little bodywork to install
Looking good.

I had my custom skirts modded a little to fit the car, no biggies.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
looking good counterFIT. Did your fogs already come with yellow lenses? Or did you vinyl them? Also is that the EZ-lip from ebay? if so it looks good man =) Filling the grill and lower grill will complete the front.

feel free to PM me the answers to my questions if thats easier.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari
looking good counterFIT. Did your fogs already come with yellow lenses? Or did you vinyl them? Also is that the EZ-lip from ebay? if so it looks good man =) Filling the grill and lower grill will complete the front.

feel free to PM me the answers to my questions if thats easier.
The fogs are yellow Hella Optilux bulbs. So the lense is still clear but the bulbs are yellow. Nice and bright too. The lip is indeed from eBay for $20 I'm about to install the skirts, I'll post pics later if I get them on.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Nice bulbs. How much are they?

Old 01-28-2016, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Seems like $22 on amazon. Nice output. Good luck on the skirt install, looking forward to pics.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Oh might consider these. Tired of my hids having firing and relay issues.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by connor55
Oh might consider these. Tired of my hids having firing and relay issues.
Never had a problem with my DDM Tuning hid's *knock on wood*. And they have a lifetime warranty too

Old 01-28-2016, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I've had DDM tuning's HID kits in my CBR600rr for over 7 years, my civic hatch had them for 5 before it was stolen this last October. I had 1 ballast in the civic go bad, but since DDM is in San Diego I simply walked in, they tested it...and gave me a new one.

Not sure if I intend on putting HIDs on the fit or not. Seems people says NO on the plug and play stuff for the GE8...and that only the retrofits are worth it.

Whats your opinion Burzpaw? You have DDMs in your headlights or just foglights?

Old 01-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah I've had DDM tuning's HID kits in my CBR600rr for over 7 years, my civic hatch had them for 5 before it was stolen this last October. I had 1 ballast in the civic go bad, but since DDM is in San Diego I simply walked in, they tested it...and gave me a new one.

Not sure if I intend on putting HIDs on the fit or not. Seems people says NO on the plug and play stuff for the GE8...and that only the retrofits are worth it.

Whats your opinion Burzpaw? You have DDMs in your headlights or just foglights?
I have DDM HID's in both headlights and foglights. And actually my headlights are retrofitted with DDM's D2S projectors. The projectors are lifetime warranty too, though everything is still running strong for me

I too would highly recommend retrofitting headlights at least-- our housing is huge to run HID's alone. The projectors that DDM offer are a cheaper route compared to TheRetrofitSource. They're not as "amazing" as TRS but they're way better than cheap ebay ones. And you can't beat lifetime warranty

Old 01-28-2016, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe I need to make a trip up to Lakewood for some wrap/retrofit lessons

Old 01-28-2016, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Burzpaw
I have DDM HID's in both headlights and foglights. And actually my headlights are retrofitted with DDM's D2S projectors. The projectors are lifetime warranty too, though everything is still running strong for me

I too would highly recommend retrofitting headlights at least-- our housing is huge to run HID's alone. The projectors that DDM offer are a cheaper route compared to TheRetrofitSource. They're not as "amazing" as TRS but they're way better than cheap ebay ones. And you can't beat lifetime warranty
DDM? heresy!

Old 01-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
Maybe I need to make a trip up to Lakewood for some wrap/retrofit lessons
Haha! Well I'm definitely no expert but I can share whatever I've learned

Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
DDM? heresy!
Forgive me senpai!

Old 01-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Install
my OEM Honda Civic Si Coupe (2012) Muffler
and OEM Honda Civic Si Coupe (2013) Resonator,
with 2 1/4in Custom Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Piping today.
Oh, with my old S2000 AP2 exhaust tips transferred to this new set up:

Below are the link to the complete story (and more pictures):
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...el-piping.html

looking at your photos here, was wondering where you got your blue underbrace bar and what brand it was.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:08 PM
Banned
So after about 3 hours I got the skirts installed. Took less time than I previously imagined, and turned out considerably better than I was expecting. Working with imperfect fiberglass is kind of a PITA but once I figured it out I got it no problem. They're not perfect by any means but they are fine by me lol. It's dark now so I'll have to get pictures later. Now I'm just waiting on my Shuttle grilles and I'll be set. Also, I went ahead and re installed the LED DRLs that I had on my old bumper. They were not damaged whatsoever and since I had the ingenuity to put quick disconnects on them previously it was simply plug and play. Stuck them on using some leftover 3M molding tape (my favorite method). I'll need to add a relay setup so that they turn off with the headlight/fog combo, but for now I'll just turn them off manually.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like Z is hosting a retrofit party at his house! I'll bring the pizzas HA! :P

Old 01-28-2016, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Irish
looking at your photos here, was wondering where you got your blue underbrace bar and what brand it was.
Hi,
It is a Cusco Version II bar.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?