2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Never heard of admiral or bless before. Those from the shuttle?

Old 01-18-2016, 08:11 AM
My passenger foglight was considerably lower than my driver's, I adjusted it this morning.

Last edited by cajlog; 01-18-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by connor55
Never heard of admiral or bless before. Those from the shuttle?
yessir 10char

Old 01-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by g95pteg
That is the only modulo lip and only fits 2012+ front bumpers.

Almost wish there was a lip like the old integra type r front lips.. And something like the js rear bumper for usdm.. Jdp rear diffuser is nice but wish it extended all the way out on the bumpers.. Looking at universal rear diffusers now
I agree a simple lip that attaches to the bottom of the bumper. Even a lip like the GD3 sport has would be perfect.

Which diffusers you looking at?

Old 01-18-2016, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
I agree a simple lip that attaches to the bottom of the bumper. Even a lip like the GD3 sport has would be perfect.

Which diffusers you looking at?
yeah I never really understood why on the ge, the rear bumper on the base/sport is identical.. at least on the gd3 they got a rear lip to differentiate it.. same with the front

as for diffusers.. have just started looking.. mostly at universal polyurethane ones on ebay.. but haven't found one that I think will work..

i've also thought about maybe doing the sti lip on the rear to balance front/back with the same sti lip.. just undecided on it...

did a test fitment on the rear before I put it on the front

and a photoshop of how I think it could look complete

just not sure yet..

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-sti-lip-fitment.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-sti-lip-testfit.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_20150912_112029-mod-photoshop.jpg  
Old 01-18-2016, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
As for JDP, if you are local it is an advantage. I have purchased from John and he answers his texts much more frequently than his emails. He also was very accommodating when it came to picking up the part.

You have to remember this is 1 guy making 1-offs of parts as a side job/hobby. This is a guy who has a regular job and a life just like everyone else. You can't expect to have the same turn around or communication as if you purchased from a big name company. That being said its unfortunate that some of you have had some bad luck with shipping and clear coat issues. But remember if you are getting something large shipped like a lip or hood there is a good chance it could be damaged (due to its size and fragility) during shipping. The fedex and UPS guys are just chucking boxes and hitting bumps and all other wear and tear. So the blame is partially shared with those transporting the items. For the socal members he delivers them in person so that is never an issue. And lastly I have seen many fits with jdp parts in person and I have never seen any clear coat failure and we live in SoCal the place where the sun is constantly beating down.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him as a credible fabricator, but at the same time be aware of the outside variables that can/will affect you getting your final product.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Got my jdm shift knob from rakuten this weekend.

And was able to meet BMW Alpina at our Socal Fit meet. It was awesome to finally see his amazing fit in person.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-cu5vkwb.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-cul3qkf.jpg  
Old 01-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Mr. Hollow, what you said is understandable about being a 1 man show and all. Unfortunately im on the opposite side of the country, so anything i got would obviously need to be shipped. Im sure the product is great, but whether a 1 man show or a huge company my basic expectations of customer service dont change. Communication is key to everything. Not knowing when your getting a product or when you do get it and theres a defect, not being able to get someone on the phone in a timely manner is an issue for me. I personally am not willing to take the risk.

I personally have not dealt with JDP. If i sell my Mugen parts then i will contact him and see how that goes so i can create my own opinion about the service they provide. Im merly going off what others had said. Regardless i WISH there was more aftermarket support for this vehicle. Its kind of disappointing to see the lack of options. All Fits right now in the end tend to look pretty much the same since the parts are so limited

Old 01-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Even the GK is getting new body parts!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...mpers-etc.html

Old 01-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Banned
So I got my Duraflex Type M side skirts today- they're pretty nice. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to paint them two-tone because there is no definite area for me to paint black. I think someone mentioned that they were slightly different than the authentic Mugen skirts, but it's not a big deal. Hopefully I'll be getting my car back soon...

Old 01-18-2016, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
There are two kinds of mugen side skirts. The pre and post facelift versions. The post facelift is what alpina has. I have the pre facelift/usdm version. Only the post facelift has the dual tone

Old 01-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by connor55
There are two kinds of mugen side skirts. The pre and post facelift versions. The post facelift is what alpina has. I have the pre facelift/usdm version. Only the post facelift has the dual tone
Ahh gotcha. Good to know. That means I'll be saving some money at the body shop lol.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Did my fourth oil change yesterday afternoon at 46,810 miles.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Took the Fit to the 100% handwash carwash down the street over the weekend. Was well overdue considering I've owned it for nearly over a month now.

Since I just got this car back in December it's been a blast and perfect to drive, roomy and its gigantic interior allowed me to carry stuff our other (larger sedan) car couldn't, like a lawnmower/lumber etc.

I purchased it from a private party who lived out in the desert and had a 60 mile each way commute. Finding a clean manual in SoCal apparently was like finding a unicorn, at least when I was looking for 2 months....I checked recently and found a TW (my preferred color) locally but was a 2012 (mine's a 2013) had more mileage, no mods and several $K more due to being a dealer. At the time of purchase the car had a film of dust so I didn't look too closely or did and figured it was just dirty, but I didn't realize how much of beating the front end took.

Once the car was clean I noticed hundreds of pin sized chips in the hood/bumper and a handful on the fenders Not to mention the windshield was unbelievably pitted as well. Will have to see if I can get a picture of them.

I got a great deal on the car and without looking closer than 1ft at the paint it looks great. Fortunately the rest of the car doesn't suffer from the pit/chip problem. Looks like a wrap/dip/respray is in my future.

Also picked up a brand new OEM Honda Cover off Craigslist for the fit before the holiday for pretty cheap. Funny/foot in mouth bit was I asked the lady why she was getting rid of it or if she still had the car....to which she relies "it was my husband's car and he passed away last month so we sold it and found this in the garage"...so much for asking her if she'd take a little less

As for the cover it fits great, nice and sung. Antenna pocket is kind of weird but easily fitted. Definitely worth the price I paid to protect the fragile Milano red paint. Hopefully just use it more regularly since its clean.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-20160117_104759.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-20160117_104926.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-20160117_110454.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-20160117_173613.jpg  
Old 01-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari
Took the Fit to the 100% handwash carwash down the street over the weekend. Was well overdue considering I've owned it for nearly over a month now.

Since I just got this car back in December it's been a blast and perfect to drive, roomy and its gigantic interior allowed me to carry stuff our other (larger sedan) car couldn't, like a lawnmower/lumber etc.

I purchased it from a private party who lived out in the desert and had a 60 mile each way commute. Finding a clean manual in SoCal apparently was like finding a unicorn, at least when I was looking for 2 months....I checked recently and found a TW (my preferred color) locally but was a 2012 (mine's a 2013) had more mileage, no mods and several $K more due to being a dealer. At the time of purchase the car had a film of dust so I didn't look too closely or did and figured it was just dirty, but I didn't realize how much of beating the front end took.

Once the car was clean I noticed hundreds of pin sized chips in the hood/bumper and a handful on the fenders Not to mention the windshield was unbelievably pitted as well. Will have to see if I can get a picture of them.

I got a great deal on the car and without looking closer than 1ft at the paint it looks great. Fortunately the rest of the car doesn't suffer from the pit/chip problem. Looks like a wrap/dip/respray is in my future.

Also picked up a brand new OEM Honda Cover off Craigslist for the fit before the holiday for pretty cheap. Funny/foot in mouth bit was I asked the lady why she was getting rid of it or if she still had the car....to which she relies "it was my husband's car and he passed away last month so we sold it and found this in the garage"...so much for asking her if she'd take a little less

As for the cover it fits great, nice and sung. Antenna pocket is kind of weird but easily fitted. Definitely worth the price I paid to protect the fragile Milano red paint. Hopefully just use it more regularly since its clean.
Nice pickup. Welcome to the R81 Club

Old 01-20-2016, 02:42 PM
Boost the car. It's 2013 and hasn't been driven since last Friday. My wife told me it wouldn't start this morning.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FF101
Boost the car. It's 2013 and hasn't been driven since last Friday. My wife told me it wouldn't start this morning.
Interesting...I was away on vacation for just over 2 weeks and my 2013 Fit started right up when I got home. Hope you figure out what the problem is.

Also thanks for the welcome counterFIT, seems like the R81 club is rather exclusive

Old 01-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Banned
Interesting...I was away on vacation for just over 2 weeks and my 2013 Fit started right up when I got home. Hope you figure out what the problem is.

Also thanks for the welcome counterFIT, seems like the R81 club is rather exclusive
It seems that way indeed. Just saw your sig and damn you really did get a good deal. Jealous lol

Old 01-20-2016, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Cost me less than KBB with all the mods so I was definitely happy about it. Plus the icing on the cake was he is a Honda mechanic so got treated well and received proper maintenance.

This front end paint dilemma sucks though for sure.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:49 PM
Banned
Cost me less than KBB with all the mods so I was definitely happy about it. Plus the icing on the cake was he is a Honda mechanic so got treated well and received proper maintenance.

This front end paint dilemma sucks though for sure.
I guess there's always a caveat. The paint is cheaper than just the rims alone though...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?