2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was difference after install of Cusco ver1 mid bar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Question What was difference after install of Cusco ver1 mid bar?

I'll be installing mine soon. Just wanted a preview...

Old 03-27-2016, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
This installs where, across the top of the engine on the struts, or to tie the two front control arms together underneath?

Old 03-28-2016, 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by nogo
This installs where, across the top of the engine on the struts, or to tie the two front control arms together underneath?
I already installed. What's feel like?? I noticed no different etc over rail tracks. May I'll notice center one s2k SpoongX brace over railroad tracks handling... The road handling should be alot better but... . It's yet to be seen until get tires larger rims 17in STICKIER rubber...��.

Last edited by Desmond Lamar MacRae; 03-28-2016 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
So, this is a control arm brace, then. Good upgrade, keeps the car from jouncing all over the place over railroad tracks, bumps, pot holes, ect... You won't notice it until you need it...see first sentence. I've done this on all my fwd cars and track cars.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by nogo
So, this is a control arm brace, then. Good upgrade, keeps the car from jouncing all over the place over railroad tracks, bumps, pot holes, ect... You won't notice it until you need it...see first sentence. I've done this on all my fwd cars and track cars.
Thank u. The ride seems better. What brand strut brace are with-in reason and RSB. Thanks for opining guys. I've got Tien S-tech springs ready. I'm in a wheel chair and I couldn't pick it up to bring it in. I had mom do it. She was like arent you done modding cars? I said no...lol. I bet that's gonna be firm ride huh? I love a firm ride but I assume it's more controlled but want you guys opinion after all I've asked about in this reply. I know it's a lot of questions.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm, how about no front strut brace. Took mine off my old SE-R after reading about people over stiffening the front end of a fwd car. Car already handled well, handled even better afterwards.

Rear strut tower bar and and RSB work wonders. Don't know, yet, if there is a rear strut tower bar available for the Fit. If not, I'll just design one like I've done before. RSB, great mod. But, from what I've read, there are some problems. Thicker is better, but where you connect it is a problem. I've been following a guy in Australia who has been modding his fit for awhile. The connecting points aren't very strong, in his opinion, so he welded it on there. I haven't looked under my Fit to verify, yet. He was afraid that the connecting points would tear loose under load.

Suspension... been doing way to much research on this. From what I've found out, most of the suspensions come with poor spring choices. I.E. front springs much stronger than the back... say, 6k front, 3k rear. Again, from my searching and past experience, this Fit requires something a bit different. The rear springs need to be stronger than the fronts. I'm currently looking at a couple of different choices where I can request custom springs. Not interested in just something that lowers the car. Lowering the car doesn't automatically translate it into a better handling car, imo.

Just my thoughts and opinions, not on a soap box, here. You dont' even want to hear my opinions on the engine upgrades for the Fit.