2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I update the Navi to work in Mexico?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 AM
Post Can I update the Navi to work in Mexico?

I am retiring and moving to Mexico with my '09 Fit Sport w/navi. The small size and utility of the Fit make it ideal for the narrow village streets where I will be living.

I will be about 30 miles south of Guadalajara, a city of about 8 million, and my few excursions into the city have convinced me that I can't do it without some sort of navigation system, so I spent the extra $1800 for the navi in the fit, thinking it would be a simple process to update the map database with Mexico information.

Now I'm not so sure. Does anybody know if Mexico map update is available for the Fit navigation? If so, where do I get it, how do I install it, how much does it cost?

The Navigation and automatic transmission were the only options; I wouldn't allow the dealer to add any of the incredibly overpriced options they wanted to put on ($103.50 for four locking lug nuts -- give me a break!) but I have ordered the accessories I want and will install them myself, at about 1/3 the dealer's price (center armrest, floor mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, illumination, bumper protector) so when I'm done the car will be pretty much loaded.

I wish I could believe the "Avg. MPG" readout, but as I have seen reported elsewhere (possibly in this forum, I'm a newbie and haven't had time to read many of the posts yet) it reads about 10% better than the actuality. I was really excited to think I was averaging 46 MPG at 65 MPH with three adults and cargo in the car, but when it came fill-up time, the true figure was "only" 41 MPG. That's more than twice the MPG that SWMBO's* Subaru Outback was getting, so I can't complain.

Anyway, if anybody knows if or how to make the Navi work in Mexico, I would be greatly appreciative.

tanstaafl.

*SWMBO: She Who Must Be Obeyed

Old 12-01-2008, 04:12 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
haha wow! from mountain view to mexico. thats a big change in scenery! id check with a honda dealership in mexico. im sure if the navi is an option for mexican fits, you will be able to update it. although, it may be en espanol. haha. good luck.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Retired Moderator
I wonder if a Civic's Navi update disc would work... because the Fit's is basically the same navi unit minus the Bluetooth..?? and they might have that option available in Mexico..??

Old 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Have you tried it in Mexico?

Not sure if it will work, but people have reported it works in parts of Canada, maybe it might work in some areas of Mexico as well...

I hope/wish that the Civic DVD will work, or a full hack of the Navi, to get back Bluetooth, and DVD capabilities, and whatever else they blocked off... https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post497147

Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
id check with a honda dealership in mexico. im sure if the navi is an option for mexican fits, you will be able to update it. although, it may be en espanol. haha. good luck.
Can anyone give me a link to a Mexican Honda Dealer website? Silly as it sounds, I can't find one. I need someone with better search fu than mine, I guess.

tanstaafl.

Oh, and Navegación en español no será un problema.

db

Old 12-11-2008, 03:25 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member