2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fit Sport Navigation in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Fit Sport Navigation in Canada

Sorry it took so long, and sorry I'm lazy I can't find the original thread for this...

I recently got back from a trip to Montreal, QC from NYC and I must say the navigation worked flawlessly. I actually found that it was more reliable navigating canadian roads than it has been for me around New York. That might be due to the fact that there are many doubly-named streets here (like when the nav thought i wanted to go to Bleeker St. in Brooklyn and stupidly put me on the Whitestone bridge) But it looks like our Canadian friends are missing out on a feature that surely functions properly up there in the great white north. I would imagine Honda decided not to include navi as an option because the thought people would not buy it.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah who knows....it would've been nice to have the option, but now that I think about it, I think that I probably wouldn't have gotten the navi package even if it was an option. It would've probably cost at least 1000+ as some sort of "technology package" and I could easily get a dedicated GPS for half that price that works as good if not better. But that's just me =p.

Does the big screen actually help to navigate through your songs on a USB stick any better? I'm actually a bit curious about that....

Old 11-10-2008, 12:58 PM
We would have bought the Fit with a nav system had it been an option. We have the nav system in our Accord and it is a godsend, particularly when travelling.

We will tend to prefer to use our Accord on longer trips because of its larger size, but on shorter trips or trips where only one person is going, the Fit would be perfect and a nav system would be a real convenience.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
Does the big screen actually help to navigate through your songs on a USB stick any better? I'm actually a bit curious about that....
I would have to say yes even though I haven't navigated through songs with the regular radio. I have mine arranged in folders and you see several tracks at once on the screen and just touch on it to play. If you press the folder icon on the side, it will list your folders and you can scroll through them as well.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cranky18
I would have to say yes even though I haven't navigated through songs with the regular radio. I have mine arranged in folders and you see several tracks at once on the screen and just touch on it to play. If you press the folder icon on the side, it will list your folders and you can scroll through them as well.
Thanks. That's actually the main thing that I would like about it...the fact that I can see more than 1 song/folder at once so browsing is easier. OH WELL