Fit FREAK.net

Go Back   Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > 2nd Generation (GE 08-present)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor Directory
Welcome to Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-present) The New Fit... Generation specific talk and questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:48 PM

OEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to live
The black plastic under the front bumper?

Anybody else got rid of that black plastic guard under the front bumper? Its kind of annoying me because I have stock height and I have to angle a bit to avoid scraping since its really low, besides the stock height of the GE is low enough and it makes it even lower. It also might help with the aerodynamics if its out of the way. :3

Flickr

Last edited by OEMfit; 12-26-2008 at 08:31 PM..
Sponsored Links
Registered users do not see this ad.
Click here to register for free!
Old 12-26-2008, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member

Goodguy-Fly has much to be proud ofGoodguy-Fly has much to be proud ofGoodguy-Fly has much to be proud ofGoodguy-Fly has much to be proud ofGoodguy-Fly has much to be proud ofGoodguy-Fly has much to be proud ofGoodguy-Fly has much to be proud ofGoodguy-Fly has much to be proud ofGoodguy-Fly has much to be proud ofGoodguy-Fly has much to be proud of
Points: 502, Level: 10 Points: 502, Level: 10 Points: 502, Level: 10
Level up: 4%, 48 Points needed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Daily Activity: 0%
Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEMfit View Post
Anybody else got rid of that black plastic guard on under the front bumper? Its kind of annoying me because I have stock height and I have to angle a bit to avoid hitting it since it really low, besides the stock height of the GE is low enough and it makes it even lower. It also might help with the aerodynamics if its out of the way. :3

For aerodynamics I don't think you want air going under the car.(e.g. the reason why nascar and f1's bumpers are so close to the ground.) Don't you want the air to go up and around?

I guess I haven't had any problems with touching the ground yet.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:26 PM

Fitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to live
I believe it is there to actually help aerodynamics.... I could be wrong tho.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:33 PM

OEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to liveOEMfit relies on Rep Points to live
I haven't really hit it, but I did rub when I'm going up my slightly steep driveway. (Not the bumper, but the plastic black guard thing)

Flickr
Old 12-26-2008, 08:39 PM

Fitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to liveFitcapo relies on Rep Points to live
It really isn't a big deal. You should see the underside of my lip from going into my driveway. It is under the car enough to where no one is going to see it you will only hear it scrape on those rare occasions so I would just leave it. Chances are if Honda put it there it serves a purpose because it definitely isn't for looks...

Old 12-26-2008, 08:54 PM

reako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to livereako relies on Rep Points to live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitcapo View Post
It really isn't a big deal. You should see the underside of my lip from going into my driveway. It is under the car enough to where no one is going to see it you will only hear it scrape on those rare occasions so I would just leave it. Chances are if Honda put it there it serves a purpose because it definitely isn't for looks...
Agreed.........
Old 12-26-2008, 09:49 PM

cowflex has a spectacular aura aboutcowflex has a spectacular aura about
Points: 502, Level: 10 Points: 502, Level: 10 Points: 502, Level: 10
Level up: 4%, 48 Points needed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
mines effed up, bottom of the lip too, you can only see it if you're under the car though
Old 12-26-2008, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member

cojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to livecojaro relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 2,736, Level: 31 Points: 2,736, Level: 31 Points: 2,736, Level: 31
Level up: 91%, 14 Points needed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Send a message via AIM to cojaro
It's called an "air dam". It's there for aerodynamics. Just leave it. It doesn't matter if it gets scraped to hell, just try to avoid scraping the bumper itself.

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/21657-suspension-theory.html || http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24942
Old 12-26-2008, 10:54 PM

HONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to liveHONDAMATIC relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 4,048, Level: 40 Points: 4,048, Level: 40 Points: 4,048, Level: 40
Level up: 49%, 102 Points needed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Daily Activity: 0.8%
Daily Activity: 0.8% Daily Activity: 0.8% Daily Activity: 0.8%
if you take it off your mileage will get worse

Old 12-26-2008, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member

hanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to livehanzo relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Level up: 11%, 134 Points needed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Think of it as bumper guard warning. If you hear it scrap means you haven't crap your bumper yet. Better that than your bumper.

Fit T-Shirt GE and GD Designs
Old 12-26-2008, 11:30 PM

If somebody wants to replace theirs, here's the site where you can order a new one. Right now I don't need it, but its nice to have a replacement part handy.

Honda Automotive Parts)

Flickr
Old 12-26-2008, 11:30 PM