2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing body plugs?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
Missing body plugs?!

Don't know why, but I was looking at the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) procedure for the Fit... and my dealer didn't put in the body plugs! GRRRRRRR!!! Pics of what the holes look like are below (anybody got pics of the holes WITH the plugs?)

According to the service bulletin, "The body plugs are part of the noise reduction package. They play a significant role in reducing road noise."

For those that want to check, the holes are located near the jack points, a few inches in towards the center of the car.

Here's a link to the PDI procedure: http://www.scribd.com/doc/26129345/2009-Fit-PDI (page 4)

I didn't find any other mention of the body plugs missing on a Fit, but I did see that a few people had them missing on Insights (Left out body plugs - Page 2 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum).

Anybody know of the correct part number for these body plugs? I think it's 90810-SB2-660 but I'd like to be sure before I buy them . I checked in my bag of leftover PDI stuff (has the front license plate holder and screws), and didn't see them in there...

EDIT:
The correct part number for the plugs for the GE8 is 90810-SB2-660. Installing them is pretty simple, just push them into the holes. You have to make sure the little ridge on the plug catches all the way around.

The plugs make a noticeable, but slight difference in the amount of road noise that gets into the cabin.

Some comments about noise abatement from other members that have had their missing plugs installed:
Originally Posted by know-nothin
First drive with the plugs installed. It does seem quieter. I dunno if it's just my imagination but I asked my wife (her hearing is better than mine) and she said it seemed quieter to her as well.
Originally Posted by Steve244
The plugs make a difference. It seems there are 3 main noises: low pitched suspension rumbling from below, medium pitch tire noise mixed with exhaust and "other" that seem to surround you, and higher pitched wind noise, mainly from the windshield area.

The plugs reduce the medium pitch noises that emanate from the sides to the extent that wind noise at highway speed is more noticeable. Not a bad thing, overall it's quieter on all road surfaces at all speeds. Exhaust noise during acceleration seems toned down a notch (runs next to the structure). Even passing semis seem less noisy. Of course the placebo effect might explain it too.
Before and after pics as posted by Steve244.

Last edited by clicq; 07-16-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
gorram this pisses me off.

Sorry, don't care what the part number is, but Honda will tomorrow when I visit the dealer.

Last edited by Steve244; 08-31-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: updated pic url
Old 01-11-2010, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry they missed yours too Steve, but thanks for checking! Ugh I still don't know how I'm gonna clean the dirt and salt and stuff from in there...

Pretty sad that Honda dealers aren't following the PDI, especially something as simple like this... makes you wonder what else they're skipping...

Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by clicq
Sorry they missed yours too Steve, but thanks for checking! Ugh I still don't know how I'm gonna clean the dirt and salt and stuff from in there...

Pretty sad that Honda dealers aren't following the PDI, especially something as simple like this... makes you wonder what else they're skipping...
One of my pet peeves on the Fit is road noise. This is sloppy.

Why are you worried about cleaning it? Contact the service manager or sales manager or general manager of the dealer that sold you the car and raise hell. (unless it was bought used, I guess you can't). I'm writing an email now.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve244
One of my pet peeves on the Fit is road noise. This is sloppy.

Why are you worried about cleaning it? Contact the service manager or sales manager or general manager of the dealer that sold you the car and raise hell. (unless it was bought used, I guess you can't). I'm writing an email now.
I'll be writing them an email, but 1) the dealer is 200 miles away, and it's not worth my time to drive back there, and 2) last time I had my car at this dealer, they put a dent in my door (which to their credit, they fixed, but I'm not too keen on going back there...). So I'd rather spend the $15 and do it myself.

Here's some pics from my car (I wish it looked as nice as Steve's!). Top pic is from the rear, bottom pic is from the front, both are from the passenger side of the car. Sorry for the blurry pics, there was snow on the ground and it was dark, so I couldn't get a good place for the camera to focus...
Name:  DSCF2236.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  55.9 KB
Name:  DSCF2241.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  62.9 KB

Last edited by clicq; 01-11-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Email them or honda usa and get it taken care of by a closer dealer. I'd be concerned salt got where it wasn't supposed to go. At least get them to mail you the plugs for free.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Mine aren't there either and I never got a PDI. Dealer is too far to bother with going back so I am sending them an e-mail to see if they can mail me the plugs. I assume they won't be hard to install (just pop them in?).

I wish people did their jobs. Based on my daily dealings with most companies, it seems that incompetence and laziness have become epidemics.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Well I'll be. I had a look and mine aren't installed either. I'll keep this in mind when I go to the dealer- in fact I'm printing the PDF. Thanks for this heads up!

Dan

Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
I just ran outside hoping that maybe mine were not on the car, thinking that I might be able to quiet the ride down somewhat by replacing some missing plugs. No go, I do have the plugs installed. Thank you First Texas Honda!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:35 PM
pluuuuugs

mine aren't there either...just e-mailed the dealership, see what the hay is up. They didn't take the protective tape off of my front spoiler either (sport bumper # 23 on the PDF) lazzzzzy

Old 01-12-2010, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
That's not good that so many of us don't have the plugs. Though I would like to report that I have them. I kind of wish I didn't so it would give me two reasons to go to Honda today and have them fix the plugs along with the MPG meter update.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
I checked with my local dealer and he ran it through his computer. Part no 90810-SB2-660 seems to work for my 2010 Fit. He said each car comes with it's own set so they should come with the car but they are nowhere to be found in mine. Waiting to hear from the dealer I bought the car from.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I will be checking mine. In a way I hope they are missing so I can possibly get a slightly quieter ride. This car compared to my gfs Aveo is night and day, hers is almost silent inside whereas mine is quiet hummy (doubt its a word but I will use it). This is why I love car forums! Thanks for the heads up guys!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
I just checked my 2010 Fit and it comes with them.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dtmbmw325i
I will be checking mine. In a way I hope they are missing so I can possibly get a slightly quieter ride. This car compared to my gfs Aveo is night and day, hers is almost silent inside whereas mine is quiet hummy (doubt its a word but I will use it). This is why I love car forums! Thanks for the heads up guys!
At least you can say your car isn't a Daewoo.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
The honda service foreman just called and offered to commit seppuku. Plugs should be in tomorrow. I told him to hold off on killing himself till after they put them in. I'll report on any noise abatement then (I really doubt it's going to make much of a difference).

Old 01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Just checked my '08 GD - no plugs! Swung by the dealer and spent 30 minutes trying to explain WTF the plugs are to the service and sales managers before finally getting ahold of some. Haven't been on the freeway yet but the resonant road noise seems much quieter so far. All the other noises are still just as loud. :]

Old 01-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Just checked, my 09 Sport has them. They forgot about the tape on the "front spoiler" but I pulled that off on day 1.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Good thread! First time I've heard about these body plugs and where they're located. +rep.

I think I'll go see if my GD has them too...

Old 01-12-2010, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
mines got the plugs. i just checked while installing my exhaust today.

i guess Goudy just has bad sales reps but, decent service peeps.

Quick Reply: Missing body plugs?!